View Poll Results: Too many visual "content"?

Voters
378. This poll is closed
  • Yes

109 28.84%
  • No

269 71.16%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Search for his threads, this is his "t***ing" style. He say X is not good. Be he never say for what reason and a possible solution.
    I've said plenty of times that people are too invested in superficial things like new races and visuals. How about class balance and identity? In the gutter.

How about pvp? What is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Orcs are both...
    They needed to retcon it.. Nothing more. That's just semantics. Talking about vague

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I've said plenty of times that people are too invested in superficial things like new races and visuals. How about class balance and identity? In the gutter.

How about pvp? What is that?

- - - Updated - - -

They needed to retcon it.. Nothing more. That's just semantics. Talking about vague
    People are invested in what they find fun...if you don't fit what the community likes anymore than part ways???

Transmog runs saved my play time in this game. New races have made things fresh. The faction war is a great theme to the "all powerful being needs to be destroyed". I couldn't care less if there wasn't a single raid in this expansion, they've become an old boring model that's become something that you just "sorta do" every week. Ive found that I can stop raiding and still get the social aspect I love out of the game and its great. Who are you to say what people should invest their time in. If everyone wants their characters to look cool and couldnt give two shits about how they perform in raids or min maxing or perfect character balance, then that is what they want and you can't tell them that what they want is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Please close this topic, TC just bumping it to rile people up. Nobody is this obtuse and and closed minded.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    People are invested in what they find fun...if you don't fit what the community likes anymore than part ways???

Transmog runs saved my play time in this game. New races have made things fresh. The faction war is a great theme to the "all powerful being needs to be destroyed". I couldn't care less if there wasn't a single raid in this expansion, they've become an old boring model that's become something that you just "sorta do" every week. Ive found that I can stop raiding and still get the social aspect I love out of the game and its great. Who are you to say what people should invest their time in. If everyone wants their characters to look cool and couldnt give two shits about how they perform in raids or min maxing or perfect character balance, then that is what they want and you can't tell them that what they want is wrong.
    I'm sorry. Help me understand how a new race makes things fresh for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is old. Old models make the game feel old. Updating the models so the game doesn't feel ancient is a good thing.
    We're still in alpha, class changes aren't even close to being done at this point. They'll be more polished as we move closer to release.

I'm sorry. Help me understand how a new race makes things fresh for you.
    Does it need to be spelled out for you? When you run around on the same races for 10 years the game feels old...new factions new races fresher than subway baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

So first off, I'm not as hyped for BFA as I was for Legion. And I would compare it more to WoD.

Legion had a TON of stuff a lot of the playerbase wanted for a long time: Demon Hunters, outdoor world content (World Quests), scaling dungeons including the Mythic + system so heroics weren't useless after the first patch, and being able to visit a lot of legendary places like the Tomb of Sargeras. Not to mention the Burning Legion was a foe lots of us wanted to take on for a long time and we were feeding on the hints they were dropping for us in Mists. We also had a TON of sick looking weapons with the Artifact system with an interesting progression system (that unfortunately just became irrelevant later on).

With BFA the allied races are neat, but as I'm leveling up my Highmountain, I'm realizing it's just a cosmetic alteration to Tauren and barely noticeable. It's similar in my eyes to the updated player models feature in WoD. It was a nice little upgrade, but it didn't add anything interesting to the game, it was almost like a maintenance-y graphical updated. In a way most of the allied races are like this where they really are just different skin colors, tattoos and other visual features for races we already have - especially since racials have been largely rendered irrelevant over the years.

Basically Allied Races are cool, but it's not something really fresh like the Artifact System or a new class like Demon Hunter. It's more comparable to the updated player models.

The Warfronts and Island Expeditions can be amazing, but who knows. Warfronts might end up being something like Ashran. Success of Island Expeditions will completely rest on how advanced the AI is, and if the reward system feels relevant along side raids and dungeons. I personally would prefer to do a scenario with 2 other buddies, not locked to a trinity, and have a different experience every time like different NPCs, weather etc.

I'm also deeply worried about class design. I don't really see anything interesting for most specs. They definitely focused on Demonology and Survival. Demonology from what I played on the alpha is MUCH better, but I'd argue Survival... is actually worse. They cleaned up some others like Marksman and Warrior specs, but I don't really see anything to look forward to upon hitting 120. The Heart of Azeroth is basically a very shitty artifact progression system without any cool cosmetics...

As a long time player, I'm always in because just the questing and exploration of new zones is always worth the price of the box. Even for WoD, the leveling and zones were amazing and Blizzard never fails me in that regard. However, how long I stay subbed is where those other systems come in like character progression, a good PVP system, etc.

We'll see.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Orcs are bent. Nothing wrong with that. If you want straight you should go alliance. They look like bloody sticks over there.
    Only they never were, until WoW. Nor has any official artwork of male orcs shown them as such. Oh and besides; your thread is bullshit.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Ahh a tikcol thread...

So if I reverse everything that's said I will get the true picture - BFA sounds awesome! Thanks my man.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Does it need to be spelled out for you? When you run around on the same races for 10 years the game feels old...new factions new races fresher than subway baby.
    I disagree with you. Meaningful content makes the game feel fresh. Visuals should be a side dish and when an expansion is running on side dishes you instantly realise something is fishy about it.

It doesn't matter how many people are working on what. When all you see coming out are superficial content like upright orcs and ogre models instead of new features and class balance/design then you know something is wrong.

They're wasting their time and our money by drawing instead of developing

This is so hilariously uninformed and ignorant it's almost not even worth responding to. The reality is the art team is not the same people that create content for the game other than the visual assets. Trying to claim that because they made a new model for Rexxar means gameplay content isn't coming is just ridiculous.

Indeed. Look at the mmo-champion forums.. All you see is people discussing which new playable race should be introduced. They want to play as foxes and turtles so bad that they forget about discussing new and fresh content
    tbh your one of the "hopelessly addicted' referred to. Have to be.

cause if your after a game with such depth of combat and level of thinking required A) what are you doing playing an mmo and more importantly B) what are you doing play WOW compared to basically any other mmo on the entire market?

wow has never required more thought to excel than it does at current. Almost clashes with the theme of the game.

im all for the gcd change. Ive played since vanilla and its becoming so convoluted that its more moba or action rpg than mmorpg these days. Course the fact they need to redesign classes, skills, rotations, and apl's to such a degree every expansion that its almost a new game - says something in and of itself.

in eq for example, my ranger played the exact same at launch, as he did 7 expansions in. Didnt have to relearn my class every 2 years. but i digress - thats an entire nother thread.

if you want twitch gameplay w/ your 18 y/o reflexes, competitive fps are thataway.

im much more worried about bfa considering how much theyre recycling and re-using. Changing the name artifact power to azerite? Changing the name tier gear to azerite gear? Keeping world quests?

Seems like a soul crushing grind all over again.

Did blizzard miss the fact the expansion literally broke guilds that have been together for years? I quit almost a year ago and its the first expansion ive ever stopped playing.

Then theyre doing it again rip.

P.S before we go "there" (aka casual pfft blah blah) my last title before i quit was vengeance incarnate so gonna need something else.
    Last edited by Interim; 2018-04-16 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    So first off, I'm not as hyped for BFA as I was for Legion. And I would compare it more to WoD.

Legion had a TON of stuff a lot of the playerbase wanted for a long time: Demon Hunters, outdoor world content (World Quests), scaling dungeons including the Mythic + system so heroics weren't useless after the first patch, and being able to visit a lot of legendary places like the Tomb of Sargeras. Not to mention the Burning Legion was a foe lots of us wanted to take on for a long time and we were feeding on the hints they were dropping for us in Mists. We also had a TON of sick looking weapons with the Artifact system with an interesting progression system (that unfortunately just became irrelevant later on).

With BFA the allied races are neat, but as I'm leveling up my Highmountain, I'm realizing it's just a cosmetic alteration to Tauren and barely noticeable. It's similar in my eyes to the updated player models feature in WoD. It was a nice little upgrade, but it didn't add anything interesting to the game, it was almost like a maintenance-y graphical updated. In a way most of the allied races are like this where they really are just different skin colors, tattoos and other visual features for races we already have - especially since racials have been largely rendered irrelevant over the years.

Basically Allied Races are cool, but it's not something really fresh like the Artifact System or a new class like Demon Hunter. It's more comparable to the updated player models.

The Warfronts and Island Expeditions can be amazing, but who knows. Warfronts might end up being something like Ashran. Success of Island Expeditions will completely rest on how advanced the AI is, and if the reward system feels relevant along side raids and dungeons. I personally would prefer to do a scenario with 2 other buddies, not locked to a trinity, and have a different experience every time like different NPCs, weather etc.

I'm also deeply worried about class design. I don't really see anything interesting for most specs. They definitely focused on Demonology and Survival. Demonology from what I played on the alpha is MUCH better, but I'd argue Survival... is actually worse. They cleaned up some others like Marksman and Warrior specs, but I don't really see anything to look forward to upon hitting 120. The Heart of Azeroth is basically a very shitty artifact progression system without any cool cosmetics...

As a long time player, I'm always in because just the questing and exploration of new zones is always worth the price of the box. Even for WoD, the leveling and zones were amazing and Blizzard never fails me in that regard. However, how long I stay subbed is where those other systems come in like character progression, a good PVP system, etc.

We'll see.
    Basically we have islands and warfronts as real content. Of the two warfronts sound like a nice system. Islands are overhyped and I'm sure their rewards wont be something people will thrive for...

Classes feel gutted with artifacts removed.

Dont know guys, but I think if thye would have any brilliant idea to fix important stuff they would work on it, but since no breakthrough happened yet they spent more money on visuals (too much).
    New races are cool and all and a LOT of people want straight orcs and classic races like Dark Irons and Zandalari but 8 new races in just one year ?? it feels way too much and I'm not going to talk about the avalanche of new High Elfs threads that was caused.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has been a request for a long time. And some orcs were straight back posture before the change - among them, thrall.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically we have islands and warfronts as real content. Of the two warfronts sound like a nice system. Islands are overhyped and I'm sure their rewards wont be something people will thrive for...

Classes feel gutted with artifacts removed.
    And storylines, allied races, and such.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It has been a request for a long time. And some orcs were straight back posture before the change - among them, thrall.

- - - Updated - - -

And storylines, allied races, and such.
    No. We have baseline, real and side dish content.

Bettee than your precious pre cata garbage where it was just dungeons, professions and raids.

I disagree with you. Meaningful content makes the game feel fresh. Visuals should be a side dish and when an expansion is running on side dishes you instantly realise something is fishy about it.
    No. Visuals weigh heavy in keeping something fresh. What do you see first when you log into a game? The visuals or content? Let me answer that one for you because it appears you can't get past simple facts. Visuals is the first you see. If the game looks old and dated no one is going to want to play it. Wow has a very special and cartoony art style. Have you seen the graphics of games coming out now a days? Way higher then wow's art style. The only content that changes expansion to expansion is the theme of the expansion. Pvp, dungeons, raids, etc, all stay the same. Zone in here, kill this guy there, get out of fire here, pick up loot there.

If you don't like it, don't play.

Why would you "worry"? If it's not good, you skip an expansion and go play something else. If it is good, you play it.

Tikcol is kind of funny in a way, always spouting about how archaic things are when he's the one who's living in the past. Let me spell it out for you:

In 2018 Cosmetics are what sells games, adding more cosmetics is good for sales.