Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I teacher I thought was cool because we never had to do any work. Looking back I hate him. He was just a lazy cunt. Also looking back the teacher I disliked the most at the time is the one I like now. Because he taught me things.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    There was this history teacher in middle school.
    I happened to like history.
    And while i didnt give a fuck about school and the grades, i did read a lot, just not school stuff.

So this dirty hairy teacher of mine, was a real fanatic about a certain political ideology (which i wont say, for the sake of this thread)
    And when he was teaching history he always "corrected" the book and then started lecturing about... his political views.

This was unacceptable to me, not only because he was propagating to ignorant malleable teenager minds, but mostly because he was talking lies.
    So i always stepped up and respectfully corrected him. With facts and well respected books.

And at the end of the year he failed me, even though i pretty much aced every written test, he gave me a 0 in my oral grade.

So the principal asked me to bring my parents. Since it was rare to fail a student.
    The teacher had the nerve to tell my parents "your son would have surely passed, but i wanted to teach him a lesson".
    This was really hipocritical of him, since he always ranted on about opposing against whoever is in charge and shit like that.

What sucks more is that according to my parents "it was my fault" because "back in my day the teacher was always correct, just because".
    ____

Then in high school (a different one. i changed many schools)
    There was this gym teacher. He was really fit and shredded.
    Also very short. Shorter than me. And i'm just 1.76cm (5'8'' i think that is).
    And also wore a male-thong (like wtf??!? this was in 2002 and he was teaching at a school ffs)

He always made fun of my height. It didnt bother me, cause i never felt short or anything.
    And he always told me not to play basketball because i wasn't very tall. And that i should play football instead (soccer).

The truth is i was pretty good in basketball, i was on a semi-pro team and i believe i had the best shot at school.
    Point is, he always left me outside of the school team, when we went to play against other schools for the high-school championship.
    He always started only the tallest and fattest guys, who didnt even have a clue about the game. Suffice to say, we always lost.

But next year he swapped places with the middle-school gym teacher.
    The new coach started the right people, and while we finished third, we did alright.
    (The school that finished first had a monster-center who made it to the NBA draft, so not much anybody could do. Greek Baby-Shaq they called him, google it)

After every game i always went back to the other gym-teacher and told him my stats.
    Every time he was like "yeah yeah whatever, you're still short. go play football".
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2018-04-17 at 10:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    While in 5th to 7th grade I had a Russian teacher who was always pretty rage-y i.e. he had a shortfused temper and used the cane excessively when something didn't go his way i.e. people misspelling or not remembering vocabulary. He also forced people in a very angered tone to repeat something until they did it perfect albeit cowering in fear. I also had a chemistry teacher who was even more hot-tempered and went as far as dragging unruly pupils out of the classroom by their ears to slap them outside. Before you ask whether I am kidding or trolling: Nope. I swear it's all true. GDR school was no laughing matter: discipline, performance and diligence mattered a lot when you wanted to get good grades and have happy teachers.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Our head of English at one point was, simply put, a sadistic scumbag. I'd been in her detentions where she would openly brag to other teachers about how she'd verbally abuse kids in her class completely oblivious to how awkward or uncomfortable that made them. You know the type, clearly bullied badly at school themselves and never found a way to deal with it so it releases in outrageous outbursts.

One story always sticks in my head despite not being the worst; she was telling one of the newer teachers about her new year 7 (10/11 year olds). She was reading the register and one girl nervously raised her hand to tell her she was pronouncing her name wrong and this teacher took great joy in recounting how she screamed at this girl to "shut up" and that she would call her "whatever the hell I want" and proceeded to give her a weeks detention.

Imagine screaming at a nervous 10 year old girl on her first day of secondary school because you pronounced their name wrong.

Honestly, there's a lot I'm proud and unhappy with how my schooling went, but being a defiant nuisance to this teacher is something that always puts a smile on my face
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I had quite a few who i disliked or thought were bad teachers but one always sticks out because my parents completely backed me up on it.
    It was year 3 in primary school which means i was around 8 and this teacher was just useless, incompetent and a terrible teacher. My parents always say how I scored higher than my brother in the tests the year before but after that year I always scored lower than him.
    Also found it several years later he had been touching the girls, one of whom become my gf (now ex) and she had seriously bad trust issues because of this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Excuse me while I go and clear my sinuses loudly into a megaphone.

10+ Year Old Account
    1st year of elementary school. We where doing something with glue. I needed to glue something on something else and didn't know how to dose it correctly. It was the first time I ever used glue, after all.

According to the teacher I used way too much glue and she rushed over going "no no no no NO NO NO that is too MUCH, what are you DOING?!" while ripping the glue from my hands and she angrily started clearing off the glue giving me the angry stare while doing it. Rushed off and it was never spoken about again.

Not knowing what was wrong, not being told why and not understanding why she was so angry about it I think I stared for quite a while trying to make sense of it. It was a freaking piece of paper with some glue on it.

To this day I think her reaction was absolutely bonkers. And tbh it still annoys me quite a bit :-P
    Last edited by Nutri; 2018-04-17 at 11:21 AM. Reason: spelling

It's a toss up for me between two

1) Our French / German teacher. If you stepped a single toe out of line, from whispering, yawning without putting your hand over your mouth, failing a test, not speaking loud enough then he came down on you like a ton of bricks. He'd shout until he was red in the face, veins throbbing and just about gasping for air. To make it better if you were on the receiving end of it, you'd get a face full of projectile spit and coffee breath because he would be so close to you.

2) Our DT teacher. Years before I went to the school, my cousin did and him / this teacher hated each other no idea what was the catalyst, but because that's what my cousin wanted to do as a subject he took his extra class. Needless to say it ended up most days him being sent out. This one particular day he was sent out and he was followed out by the teacher that told him to take a walk with him. Apparently the teacher said "You need to change your attitude otherwise someone in life will give you a hiding". although that's a summarised clean version. My cousin followed with "Why the fuck wait for someone else to do it you clearly want to". After that day he was banned from the classroom and had to go to a separate room to do his work. God knows how he passed it.

Anyways after that cousin, our other cousin went in and he told her do not tell him your my sister. She did and she had 3 years of hell with him, she took his extra class but dropped out within 1 month because of him. Then enter me, both of them said don't tell him your related, I did and I had 3 years of hell with him. Enter our little cousin, same story. Our youngest cousin 2 years ago finished his class with him, one of the top students, high grades. He told him on the day they got their certificates who he was related to. The guy turned his back on him and walked off, never had contact with him again.

That's my personal exp with him. But he was also a general pervert, in year 12 (every year 12 without fail) you'd have a group of girls who had turned 16, they got on really well with him, top grades (don't get me wrong, most of them did their work and earned it) etc. But it was also this specific group of girls when they'd ask for help he'd be straight over, he'd help them and once he was happy he had helped he'd walk back to his desk. The dodgy part? one or two of them would get a arse slapping or grab as a joke when he'd leave their table.

I'm still undecided which one was worse, the first guy (despite me failing every German test and doing every piece of home work wrong) never once shouted at me. But it was a horrible environment to be in. The 2nd one was full on hateful and a pervert, but at-least the 2nd didn't affect me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    1st year of elementary school. We where doing something with glue. I needed to glue something on something else and didn't know how to dose it correctly. It was the first time I ever used glue, after all.

According to the teacher I used way too much glue and she rushed over going "no no no no NO NO NO that is too MUCH, what are you DOING?!" while ripping the glue from my hands and she angrily started clearing off the glue giving me the angry stare while doing it. Rushed off and it was never spoken about again.

Not knowing what was wrong, not being told why and not understanding why she was so angry about it I think I stared for quite a while trying to make sense of it. It was a freaking peace of paper with some glue on it.

To this day I think her reaction was absolutely bonkers. And tbh it still annoys me quite a bit :-P
    This just reminds me...

In primary school, (age 9 ish at the time) we started doing proper DT work and was allowed to use the glue gun. We got warned by our teacher extremely hot do not touch. I remember getting this tiny amount of glue from the nozzle on my hand, a friend was watching and freaked. Thing is, it didn't hurt what so ever, I wouldn't of even noticed if she wasn't freaking out. Anyways, 2 minutes later I'm still in awe I'm immune to heat. I grab this friend and say watch this. I put a great big dollop of glue on a piece of card and plunged my thumb into it. Up until that point in my life I had never ever experienced pain like that. Some how, I kept a straight face and didn't react to the awe of this friend. Fighting back a tear though I could see my head teacher in the corner sniggering.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Commonly, what happens is you have students who are shaky but have gotten by in previous classes by memorizing steps without really building an understanding.
    I had an Algebra teacher during sophomore year who aided in this for us. First half of the semester, the other kids found out that they could get her distracted very easily so that she would talk and not really focus on teaching. We wasted an entire class like that once where she would just go on and on and on about her daily life. Its like we were he own audience. Due to this, the few times she did teach, she had so little time that she didn't really bother to go into depth about the process to solve the problems. Just a quick "here are the steps now do them" sort of thing.

Second semester, she got worse. She started to Demand we have a scientific calculator. At that point, she told us what buttons to hit and that was it. She pre-faced the start of the second semester by saying that if we didn't have a scientific calculator, we would fail because it was 100% required to do those problems. I asked her how to do the problems without the calculators, to which she said there was no way to do so. I just looked at her dumb founded. Wasn't until college that I understand just how Stupid she was since they didn't even allow calculators.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    For my first school experience, almost everyone (except my cooking teacher). The first 6 years of my school (10 in total) had all bad teachers. Teachers who ignored bullies, teachers who weren't considerate, and teachers who claimed you were cheating in tests because you never did homework (and no, I didn't cheat). It was so shit that I ended up skipping school for 6 months of 6th grade, after that, I was transfered to a boarding school and EVERYTHING changed for the better.
    Oh I know this feeling too.

I took religious education for a GCSE, I was told it was easy and I actually like the teacher.

Holy shit it was easy. As a result I didn't do any work, I rarely did my homework. I never attended revision sessions or did the revision work. In the end I just asked her could I have a copy of the slides which she was fine with.

We had a mock exam and I got a C in it. Purely I was day dreaming (did a lot of that in class) She sat me down and seriously asked if I was cheating to get a C. She asked me to revise with something other than her slides and I decline. Come test day I took it and thought it was alright. She was there asking people how it went, she wouldn't even look at me let alone talk to me. Anyways, results day came and I got a A on it (For this paper, A was the highest you could get because you sit two exams for one subject, one exam in year 1, 2nd in year 2). I was chuffed but I just picked up the results and went back to work.

Fast forward to 2nd year first lesson. She was talking about the class performance in general then she just stopped, I'm assuming suddenly remembered, she bolted over to me, knocked a table out of the way and literally picked me up and kissed me on the cheek with a tear coming down her cheek. She was 100% certain I had failed and until she saw the results assumed our first talk would be me dropping the subject (This had been talked about multiple times).

After that, I actually felt like part of the class, despite still failing every test and missing most home work. I still got the same result for the 2nd year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I had an Algebra teacher during sophomore year who aided in this for us. First half of the semester, the other kids found out that they could get her distracted very easily so that she would talk and not really focus on teaching. We wasted an entire class like that once where she would just go on and on and on about her daily life. Its like we were he own audience. Due to this, the few times she did teach, she had so little time that she didn't really bother to go into depth about the process to solve the problems. Just a quick "here are the steps now do them" sort of thing.

Second semester, she got worse. She started to Demand we have a scientific calculator. At that point, she told us what buttons to hit and that was it. She pre-faced the start of the second semester by saying that if we didn't have a scientific calculator, we would fail because it was 100% required to do those problems. I asked her how to do the problems without the calculators, to which she said there was no way to do so. I just looked at her dumb founded. Wasn't until college that I understand just how Stupid she was since they didn't even allow calculators.
    Again, had similar responses. Paper B requires a calculator, you must buy a calculator or you will fail the paper. Get to the paper 90% of it was doable without a calculator, the other 10% did need it, but if a teacher had sat us down and said an alternative way to do it, I'd imagine it would all be doable - Not by me, I sucked at maths, but others defo.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    I had a few teachers in middle and high school that made you keep a folder of your work and organize it the way they thought was best and I absolutely hated it and it didn't help me at all.
    I would have liked something like that, tbh.

I was never taught a standardized way to organize my school materials, notes, etc.; and never really needed to in high school beyond having a different notebook for each class, so I never learned good organization on my own either. When I got to college my lack of organization really hampered me early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    This is hilarious, because on 7th grade, the first time we started learning Swedish, we got this annoying witch of a teacher. I had been sick the first day, but from what I'm told, she only spoke Swedish to the class who understood nothing. Gave them the books. I arrive the next day, she's not speaking Swedish all the time, but she had figured it was great time for surprise exam. .... I hadn't even seen a book yet. 0 points. Most didn't score much better. And that score she actually took into account when grading. How are people like that even allowed to teach, is beyond my understanding.
    That's pretty fucking stupid. Our teacher was probably too lenient on grading people, nobody failed even if they knew fuck all what they were doing lmao. She was replaced due to complaints from parents about us not learning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    my senior year highschool math teacher. Royal bitch, would forget to assign homework then treat you like you should have done it anyways, did not make adjustments for kids being legitimately sick, would test on stuff she did not teach, and just generally treated us badly.

Got to the point where several kids transfered out of the class to another teacher, and I would have too if it didnt conflict with my computer elective class. So I went from an A student in Math the previous years to a C. She was not invited to any school functions as a result, and was let go (or left on her own) a few years later.
    Almost exactly this happened to me. I ended up talking to my guidance counselor, the first time I'd ever talked to him and explained how terrible that teacher was. We decided I should drop the class, take it by mail (online stuff didn't really exist at the time). I got an A.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I've not had a bad teacher...yet

I guess the best candidate would be my high school math teacher who barely knew what she was "teaching"

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I was pretty lucky growing up. In both primary and high school, all my teachers were pretty nice/cool/sassy. If I had a stern teacher, they'd have a sass to them that balanced them out. Probably the worst would have to be a Head of Department for Society and Environment who would sub for our teachers every once in a while.

Stern, no sense of humor, uptight.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

My math's teacher back in high school. Our classroom was right next door to the teacher's break room, so she'd frequently slip away during a lesson and make herself a cup of tea. I remember one afternoon it was unusually hot and I asked if I could remove my blazer as it was too hard to concentrate with it on and my back to the glass windows that the sun was being amplified through. She told me 'no' and began yelling at me. A common thing for her and to this day I don't know why she disliked me so much.

When she slipped away for a break, I took off my blazer and opened up a window. I also got a bottle of water out of my backpack to have a few sips. She came back and accused me of defying her. A heated argument broke out between us and I pointed out that if she was free to slip away during lessons to get a cup of tea then it was only fair if, on a boiling hot day, her students were allowed to take off their blazers and open a window.

She sent me to the headteacher's office. I explained the situation and the headteacher sided with me. There was never a peep out of the math's teacher after that. I wouldn't say she became 'nicer' so much as she stopped slipping away during lessons and made more of an effort to engage her students.

Heh... It's always to think back on it and it's funny how math teachers keep coming up.

My high school Geometry teacher was pretty bad. It didn't help that she looked like the Bride of Chucky (and the movie had basically just come out). I felt sorry for the people who attempted to learn Geometry from her. I just slept. (In her defense, I was a terrible student to try and teach math to.)

Though, the one that I think takes the cake, was my "Vocational Studies" teacher. The class was some BS one that was supposed to teach freshman how to do thinks like balance a check book and survive high school. I made it a week before she intentionally moved me to the back of the class where I was told to "sit and be quiet, so that others have a chance to interact in class" because I dared to raise my hand once. About halfway through the end of the second week half the class had been told not to answer the questions she asked the class. By the third Wednesday, every question she ever asked turned into a study in silence...

Great teacher...