Thread: Alpha Warriors

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dabbled a little on alpha. Seemed the same to me. Need haste, as I was waiting for the GCD's, but numbers arent tuned and with beginner gear I didnt expect much. More than 2 mobs though I felt like I was going to die, which is typical warrior etiquette for leveling. Not sure what is meant by unplayable, every class is playable. Did a quest where I got a better weapon and saw a slight difference in fluidity.

I fully agree with simperial

Quote Originally Posted by Nihal View Post
    Am i brainless? Aw, arent you cute and all?

Anyway, some facts for you buttercup

A legion warrior with 28% haste, 0 bis leggos and artifact weapon at 63 have 55 APM and 0% DOWNTIME.

A legion warrior with 34% haste, with helm and pants leggo and artifact weapon at 75 have 58 APM and 0% DONWTIME.

A legion warrior with 11% haste, 0 bis leggos and artifact weapon at 13, have 50 APM and 0% DOWNTIME.

An alpha BfA warrior starts with 21% haste without being a gnome or goblin, so pretty sure their apm will be between 50 and 55 APM, and guess what? Yup, still 0% DOWNTIME.

I also tested all 3 legion warriors above without the artifact, wielding the heirloom weapon of lvl 100, and guess wat? Haste didnt changed and neither did the APM and Downtime for each of them.

So, who's the brainless now? or @Gungnir, who has some sort of extremely severe sensory deficiency? If you think missing lets say, 7 actions per minute to be unplayable or slow af, well, keep with the salt and nonsense i guess.

So yeah, im going to say again, rotation wise they feel the same as legion, the battle cry or w/e the new name of the cd is, barely has ANY effect on the how the rotation feel/flow. There's not a single period that you have to wait for something to come off cd to hit a buttom or anything.

SO, like, what the fuck, give me what you guys are smoking to think fury on alpha is slow af and omg sky is falling unplayable.

Also to make it clear, im not speaking about damage or any of those shenanigans, im talking about purely how the rotation feels.

This is ofc my opinion and how i feel about the spec, i just dont like when ppl come out with bullshit preaching the spec is destroyed/unplayable or w/e when that's just not true.
    This might be the single dumbest post I've read in a long time, thanks for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha Fury plays nothing like Live Fury, what the fuck lmao? We lose our entire artifact weapon which is what the spec is entirely still balanced around and currently only have access to like three Azerite traits. Rotationally it's the same, feel wise it's completely different.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-04-19 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Please refrain from personal attacks, I really don't want to lock this thread.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Alpha Fury plays nothing like Live Fury, what the fuck lmao? We lose our entire artifact weapon which is what the spec is entirely still balanced around and currently only have access to like three Azerite traits. Rotationally it's the same, feel wise it's completely different.
    Nope it doesnt, too dependant on artifacts; how did warriors ever survive without it...

Anyone playing Arms in the alpha test at this point?

Something interesting i'm noticing is that the Azerite talents are stacking - so by selecting the Bladestorm power 3x i'm seeing an 820 damage increase every .8 secs while channeling and it is just massive AoE and single target. Really makes me curious if the Anger Management build is the primary dps options atm.

Current Talent Setup:

Sudden Death
    Double Time
    Tramua
    Second Wind
    Collateral Damage
    Fervor of Battle
    Dreadnaught

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Speaking from a Fury point of view... I'm rerolling.

I get why Odyn's Fury is gone, but the spec feels so clunky without it combined with the current changes. I honestly believe no one at Blizzard, that's working on BFA, plays a Fury Warrior. Cause it's fuckin' weak right now.
    You do know they just haven't touched Fury Warrior yet? Changes will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho View Post
    I know it's Alpha, and I'm aware it could change drastically. I hope it does.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Speaking from a Fury point of view... I'm rerolling.

I get why Odyn's Fury is gone, but the spec feels so clunky without it combined with the current changes. I honestly believe no one at Blizzard, that's working on BFA, plays a Fury Warrior. Cause it's fuckin' weak right now.
    Out of everything fury has lost, odyns fury is not even what makes fury work. Rage generation has plummeted because we will no longer have access to the helm/pants lego. You could also include the extra rage from charge.

Battle Cry is weak without the additional crit dmg multiplier.

Juggernaught gone makes execute phase dull, they should honestly remove execute for fury and let arms keep it. We can just have a passive that lets us deal more damaged based on % health.

Lost access to Battlelord ring, meaning we can either stick with frothing and have an execute that feels like shit, or take massacre to fix execute but lose mobility and a decent damage increase.

I just wish blizzard would just tell us if they are working on changes, because right now, we've had enrage duration increased, meat cleaver working on raging blow and bloodbath now dealing initial dmg. The enrage duration increase is a nice QoL change (though they nerfed the atk speed so add that to rage generation nerfs) but thats about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybridpsycho View Post
    Im pretty sure there won't be any major changes to fury. It has always been that way in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlafmangel View Post
    Im pretty sure there won't be any major changes to fury. It has always been that way in the past.
    No major changes != no changes. Fury doesn't need many major changes, the spec is mostly fine as it is in terms of overall design. I'd expect some sort of talent overhaul, as well as more QoL changes being made to the spec to make it more fine tuned from the Legion iteration.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-04-23 at 10:46 PM.

Hmmm... fury is fun and competitive atm only because of artefact weapon and legendary, take this out and we are back at Emerald nightmare style... you remember, fury was DEAD LAST... we dont have uber aoe, execute is clunky as fu...
    Last edited by Ihatepanda; 2018-04-24 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepanda View Post
    Hmmm... fury is fun and competitive atm only because of artefact weapon and legendary, take this out and we are back at nigthold style... you remember, fury was DEAD LAST... we dont have uber aoe, execute is clunky as fu...
    Fury was pretty much always first on most NH fights..

i meant emerald nightmare (before we get all the traits, before legendary) ... Arms was king, fury was pretty lame...

The point is, many of those traits should be baseline (juggernault for execute... massacre... bonus chance on execute... ) take off all this and fury is a clunky spec, we all been there before, and with the ''no change at all'' that we get atm, we will be at the same spot again.

I remember at that time, it was worth to continue doing normal rotation vs execute...

Well, the Blue post is out. To sum it up, what we had on Alpha is what they're going with. They've stated that they're happy with the current specs the way they are for the most part. Prot might be getting some love, and two DK specs, but nothing for Fury.

Time to sound the bells, folks. Fury Warrior is officially out for the Summer.

RIP, my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't check out just yet, the post is worrying but I'm mostly holding my breath until this weeks build. The post sounds like, to me, that they won't be making any further major mechanical and design changes for specs (which we really don't need), not that they won't be making balance changes (which is what we could use the most).

And again, no major changes doesn't mean that there won't be any changes. Just to repeat what I said in my last post, the spec as a whole is mostly fine, most of what they need to do is just fix the balance of the spec with the loss of our artifact. I'd argue a lot of that would fall under the category of non-major changes, same with a few talent changes. We'll have to see, though. Hopefully there will be at least something in this weeks build.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-04-25 at 03:26 AM.

I hope your optimism is vindicated because as it stands BfA Fury is pretty disappointing compared to Legion. Fury in Legion has problems to be sure, but overall the gameplay is some of the best Fury has ever had. Most of the complaints you're reading stem from the huge gap in how it feels to play Fury on live versus how it feels to play Fury in the beta, and it's hard to see how anything short of major changes can fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepanda View Post
    i meant emerald nightmare (before we get all the traits, before legendary) ... Arms was king, fury was pretty lame...

The point is, many of those traits should be baseline (juggernault for execute... massacre... bonus chance on execute... ) take off all this and fury is a clunky spec, we all been there before, and with the ''no change at all'' that we get atm, we will be at the same spot again.

I remember at that time, it was worth to continue doing normal rotation vs execute...
    Don't forget CoF. When a LFR trinket from 2 tiers ago is better than a Mythic trinket from the current tier, you know there is a problem with your class design.

Quote Originally Posted by Montegomery View Post
    I hope your optimism is vindicated because as it stands BfA Fury is pretty disappointing compared to Legion. Fury in Legion has problems to be sure, but overall the gameplay is some of the best Fury has ever had. Most of the complaints you're reading stem from the huge gap in how it feels to play Fury on live versus how it feels to play Fury in the beta, and it's hard to see how anything short of major changes can fix that.
    Personally speaking, I heavily dislike Legion's Fury. Sure, it's fun to during the exec phase when you get high Juggernaut stacks, but that's it. And with the current gear, you cannot really have that anymore aside from a few bosses.

Deleted
    So, is Overpower a shoulder tackle still?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jngizu View Post
    Don't forget CoF. When a LFR trinket from 2 tiers ago is better than a Mythic trinket from the current tier, you know there is a problem with your class design.
    At least it's not as bad as back in TBC, when the BIS warrior trinket dropped in Tempest Keep and was so good it would have still been BIS in WotLK Naxx had they not nerfed it to premt that XD