Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).

So, "Ogmot The Mad" had this to say about Sylvanas in his dream journal. Thoughts?

Ogmot is an ogre associated with The Twilight's Hammer in Silithus. He is hostile on sight and drops a journal which reveals that he has some sort of second-sight. He has some interesting things to say about Sylvanas, so I thought I'd share them here for us to discuss.

For completion's sake, and for context in case you haven't seen it before, here's the entirety of the journal. The line apparently about Sylvanas is in bold:

Ogmot was just puny boy fightin at da war camp when da Masters first blessed me wit da visions.

I come to Silithus, to da great wound, seeking wonders.

Make Ogmot your vessel, Masters!

Last night, Ogmot dreams of great battle. Two fleets bashin on ocean of blood.

Shadows twistin beneath da ships, risin. Risin. Ogmot so happy watching the carnage!

Then Ogmot gets waked up by skitterin sounds. Stupid bugs!

Dont matter. Ogmot knows dese dreams soon come true.

Life comes back to dis wasted land.

First da bugs come. Now da gobbies skulkin round... Dey cravin da world blood... Ogmot am sure of it!

BAH! Let dem have dese drippins! Soon Ogmot gonna drink rivers of blood! Da Masters promise!

Today smoke rises up from da campfire. Smoke tells Ogmot good story.

Ogmot sees lady wrapped in dark swirlies. She leads herd of blind sheep.

Da sheepies follow her everplace she go. Do everthin she say. Never doubt lady.

She guide dem over tall cliff! SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT! Stupid Sheepies!

Da crows get fat eatin da sheepflesh. Da lady laugh as crows eat!

Ogmot laugh too!

Dat blade has shiny eye. Always watchin us. Why you no see it?

Three lies. Da first one been told.

Bound by dat throne? No. Free. Free!

Da next gonna come soon. Maybe dey see dis one.

Other hammers here now. Dey talk and talk about Argus. Bout da dat got wakened. Bout great victory dat our enemy not even notice.

But only Ogmot sees da visions. Other hammers not blessed by da Masters!

Ogmot share his dreams wit da others, but da skinny one just laugh.

Ogmot no like her.

Many days pass wit no visions.

Did Ogmot make da Masters angry?

Me gonna make sacrifice! Please da Masters.

Remember Ogmot!

Da star watchin Ogmot. Too shiny! Ogmot gonna hide from it.

Da dagger spoke true. It been too long since Ogmot got drowned.

Masters! No forsake Ogmot!

Da bones got picked clean, but Ogmot still get no visions. Da others laugh. Say Ogmot not devoted.

But me is da chosen one! Ogmot no lose faith!

Another sacrifice? Yes! One more of dem aint gonna be missed...

Roused by her screams. Stirred by da whispers.

A blessin from da Masters. Now Ogmot understand!

A door. A path. Ours... Ours...

Fool! Da circle awakened us all!
    So, what I really want to know is what this means for Blizzard, and their plans for Sylvanas. What's their endgame for her as warchief? Where do you think this story is going? What really strikes me is how the journal treats our players as "sheep" blindly doing whatever Sylvanas says. It's almost as if the writers are poking fun at Sylvanas's cult of personality. Thoughts?

Edit: While I still think the "lady wrapped in dark swirlies" is Sylvanas, you guys make a good point about some possible other culprits. Is there any way to change the title of a thread?
    Last edited by Psychotrip; 2018-04-16 at 11:18 PM.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

Where does that say he's speaking about Sylvanas? Nice speculation, but this has been speculated about other characters like Alleria already and it makes far more sense than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

That quote could easily be about a few different characters. There's not really any indication it's Sylvanas

How do you know it's Sylvanas? Lady wrapped in dark swirlies could easily be Alleria, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is certainly talking about Sylvanas! She will lead you to your deaths!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Yea it could be Sylvanas, or Jaina, or Alleria or Azshara etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    crows = worgen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

why has to be Sylvanas? Why not Jaina, or Alleria. Hell even Azshara would fit into the dark biatch category. Maybe even some female character we dont know about yet. Maybe is just blizzard at trolling again.

Deleted
    Those lines are about Azshara. The dark swirlies stand for the power of the Old Gods and the sheep are the Naga. Azshara is the only character in the game with followers who never question her. Back in the days, the Night Elves didn't question her and she laughed, when the Legion slaughtered her people. Now the Naga follow her the same, but it is pretty clear that she doesn't care about them either, probably only using them until she and the Old Gods don't need the Naga as cannonfodder anymore. And maybe she will laugh about their demise too, as she laughed about her Night Elf citizens ten thousand years ago.

But of course it has to be Sylvanas, because people have a blind hate boner for her. And because of that, we ignore the "little" detail that Sylvanas doesn't have a sheeps who follow her without question. Neither the Forsaken follow her blindly, or the Desolate Council wouldn't even exist, nore does the Horde follow her blindly.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    Those lines are about Azshara. The dark swirlies stand for the power of the Old Gods and the sheep are the Naga. Azshara is the only character in the game with followers who never question her. Back in the days, the Night Elves didn't question her and she laughed, when the Legion slaughtered her people. Now the Naga follow her the same, but it is pretty clear that she doesn't care about them either, probably only using them until she and the Old Gods don't need the Naga as cannonfodder anymore. And maybe she will laugh about their demise too, as she laughed about her Night Elf citizens ten thousand years ago.

But of course it has to be Sylvanas, because people have a blind hate boner for her. And because of that, we ignore the "little" detail that Sylvanas doesn't have a sheeps who follow her without question. Neither the Forsaken follow her blindly, or the Desolate Council wouldn't even exist, nore does the Horde follow her blindly.
    Jesus, man calm down. I really feel like you guys take this stuff too seriously, and that's saying something coming from me.

Granted, you're right: it doesn't have to be Sylvanas. I figured it was because he seemed to be talking about one of the faction leaders. Otherwise I'm not sure how well the "sheep" aspect works. It doesn't hit as hard from a writing standpoint unless it's referring to the players as the sheep. Going back 10,000 years to the Azshara's night elf followers seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

So, I think this narrows it down to Sylvanas or Alleria honestly. I'm actually interesting in discussing the lore with you guys, not fighting. If I'm wrong, let's keep discussing!
    Last edited by Psychotrip; 2018-04-16 at 11:16 PM.
    Some people really like flavor. Occasionally subsisting on nutrient paste just doesn't feel the same as eating a steak. I get that flavor isn't for everyone, but I doubt removing all cosmetic indicators from the game would be appealing either. Nobody want to log in, queue to fight modestly sized blue checked box boss #7, initiate combat using an attack sequence of abilities 1-7 with a 13 beat repeat coda intermittently, and collect item level 630 slot 7 gear either.

It could be any woman. We don't really know. It could even be a 200lb woman in a bakery he's talking about.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Those passages use loose metaphors, allusions, and symbolic devices purely for the purpose of being non-specific and letting debate happen. The "lady wrapped in dark swirlies" could easily be Sylvanas, or it could be Alleria, or even Natalie Seline (previous wielder of Xal'atath, Shadow Priestess extrordinaire, and recently resurrected to boot). The "herd of blind sheep" who follow this woman could the Forsaken, they could be the Void Elves, or they could be the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow. That she leads them to their deaths and laughs about it could be a sign of evil intent all along (Sylvanas or Natalie), or it could be a sign of dawning madness (Alleria). I imagine there are likely other candidates you could fit into the passages if you liked - those were the first three I could think of.

Like Il'gynoth's whispers in the Emerald Nightmare, these prophetic utterances are completely opaque and open to speculation, that's really half the fun of having of them around.

Oh, just thought of Moira Thaurissan, herself a Shadow Priest and leader of the Dark Irons - she could easily be cloaked in Shadow and led her own people to their deaths while laughing under the right circumstances.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-04-16 at 11:04 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    A) You don't really have any proof its about sylvanas
    and
    B)
    Da sheepies follow her everplace she go. Do everthin she say. Never doubt lady.
    Pretty much proves its not about her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure we should take the word of someone known as "the mad".

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Where does that say he's speaking about Sylvanas? Nice speculation, but this has been speculated about other characters like Alleria already and it makes far more sense than this.
    Nope.. Its all about the witch banshee queen... perfect Sylvanas follower.....

The problem is people have never blindly followed Sylvanas.

Out of all leaders, she's had the most dissenters. So we know it cannot be her.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    The problem is people have never blindly followed Sylvanas.

Out of all leaders, she's had the most dissenters. So we know it cannot be her.
    Pffft..... No way... She has a whole flock of sheep

Deleted
    Could be about Jaina or Alleria, both of them are probably even more problematic than Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Pffft..... No way... She has a whole flock of sheep
    On the forums maybe.

It is Alleria. The sheep are the void elves. Her going off a cliff is mentioned in Thousand Years of War.

"She saw herself stepping off a cliff, falling into an infinite darkness, smiling all the way. She
    saw the peace in her own eyes."