Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Instead of new allied races... more customization option for existing races

New races offer new customization options. The things is, many of the new "races" have rather limited customization options.
    Think of the Yellow Draenei, also known as Lightforged. Three male faces isn't much!

It's already too late to change this, but maybe instead of future allied races, imagine how it could be done:

Achievement/story progress related unlock of customization features

"Congratulations, you unlocked the Mag'har visuals for the Orc race."
    ^ the same could be done for Kul Tiran male/female looks.

That's limiting in itself though. It's forced to particular race deviations and can't cross faction boundaries, such as how Nightborne is a NIght Elf variation that Horde has access to.

Deleted
    They are adding new options. For horde races only, though.

No thanks. New racials are better than barber shop additions.

I think a big bonus of the allied races is to get people to go through the leveling zones. Making them "unlocked visuals" for an existing character defeats this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    New races offer new customization options. The things is, many of the new "races" have rather limited customization options.
    Think of the Yellow Draenei, also known as Lightforged. Three male faces isn't much!

It's already too late to change this, but maybe instead of future allied races, imagine how it could be done:

you mean like how they have added golden eyes for blood elves and straight posture for orcs?
    yeah, i think they should.

also they can allways add more face options later.
    alos what post 2 says and what the post above the post above me says. you know Nike and Capin Crunch

10+ Year Old Account
    Por que no los dos? More customization is always a good thing, whether it be existing races getting new options or through new races.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I'd rather get new playable races rather than more customization options for playable races.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why not both I for one would like to see some Kul'Tiran hair and mustache options on vanilla humans as well.

One does not cancel out the other.

We should be able to ask for both from a company raking in billion-dollar amounts on this title alone. I'll rather have entirely new, UNIQUE Allied races than more hairstyles for races that I've grown familiar with.

Gief Vulpera and snekpeople.

10+ Year Old Account
    The big issue here is that some allied races feel sub-par. I've been telling this a few time, but Allied races wouldn't be an issue if the races themselves made sense. Lightforge Draenei? That doesn't make any sense. You've got Draenei already. They should've had the Blood Elf treatment, with new hair styles and runes added to the already-existing races (like Golden Eyes).

But Allied races, like the Void Elves or Nightborne for instance, make sense. Zandalari Troll, Kul'Tiran humans, Dark Iron Dwarves, Mag'har Orc... different culture, origins and visuals.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I would enjoy this, but it won't happen unless they can gate it behind you buying BfA

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Why not both I for one would like to see some Kul'Tiran hair and mustache options on vanilla humans as well.
    Sounds good to me! Archmage VoidElf4Life also made a good point, some allied races are noticeably more fleshed out than others. The customization unlock option would allow more variety without having to create another sub-par race that has little going for it, just for the sake of introducing some new customization options that then get locked to this particular version of a race, like the Lightforged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    I'll rather have entirely new, UNIQUE Allied races than more hairstyles for races that I've grown familiar with.

Gief Vulpera and snekpeople.
    I am with you there, and I can already tell you, the cries of the people who want Vulpera or Sethrak and notice they were given to the other faction, they will make the million voices screaming in terror when Alderaan was destroyed seem like a whisper.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    But Allied races, like the Void Elves or Nightborne for instance, make sense.
    Void Elves are a class. Void Elves are Blood Elves, born and raised around Silvermoon, as their fellow Blood Elves colleagues. Then, they followed the path of the Void, blablabla, so they're Void... blood elves. Basically, they're Blood Elves Shadow Priest.

Seeing a Blood Elf Shadow Priest Fire Mage makes no sense actually, but that's the kind of bullshit you can encounter in Stormwind these days

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    They are adding new options. For horde races only, though.
    -Golden eyes
    -Upright orcs
    -Upright undead

And yet Nightelves are still waiting for their silver/gold eyecolor option that is present in Lore since Wc3

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    -Golden eyes
    -Upright orcs
    -Upright undead

And yet Nightelves are still waiting for their silver/gold eyecolor option that is present in Lore since Wc3
    upright undead arent a thing yet

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    -Golden eyes
    -Upright orcs
    -Upright undead

Source on upright undead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Source on upright undead?
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=282154/e...hots:282154:19
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO8k4glSAIY

+ Blizz interview where they say: "this is up to Sylvanas if you get them"

Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post

this will delete:
    Heritage armor
    New Racials

This will end in:
    stupid (lorewise) race/class combo like HM paladin, NB paladin, LF shaman, VE druid, LF/HM Death Knight, etc.

so. no please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage VoidElf4Life View Post
    The big issue here is that some allied races feel sub-par. I've been telling this a few time, but Allied races wouldn't be an issue if the races themselves made sense. Lightforge Draenei? That doesn't make any sense. You've got Draenei already. They should've had the Blood Elf treatment, with new hair styles and runes added to the already-existing races (like Golden Eyes).
    nope they are not. LF draenei shaman/dk/monk make no sense at all.
    Same goes with Mag'har warlocks or dk (if they are from AU draenor)
    Same goes with HM DK or paladin (okay paladin can be stretched after few patches and story development)
    Last edited by Zorish; 2018-04-18 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Void Elves are a class. Void Elves are Blood Elves, born and raised around Silvermoon, as their fellow Blood Elves colleagues. Then, they followed the path of the Void, blablabla, so they're Void... blood elves. Basically, they're Blood Elves Shadow Priest.

Seeing a Blood Elf Shadow Priest Fire Mage makes no sense actually, but that's the kind of bullshit you can encounter in Stormwind these days
    Void Elves are Blood Elves that got partially corrupted by the void. They cannot wield it accurately, only temporarily. They've been shunned by the Blood Elves, therefore they make sense in the alliance. Alleria bridge the gap here. Sure, I would've prefered High Elves, but still they make sense lore-wise, even if a bit rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    nope they are not. LF draenei shaman/dk/monk make no sense at all.
    Same goes with Mag'har warlocks or dk (if they are from AU draenor)
    Same goes with HM DK or paladin (okay paladin can be stretched after few patches and story development)
    That's because lightforged shouldn't have been a race. Lightforged draenei are draenei. Sure, you can make the argument that they cannot be shaman/dk/monk, on which I agree, but since it's a purely cosmetic thing - just like the blood elves who can still be warlocks and have golden eyes - it purely reflect a larger plot line about the race. And, after all, Blood Elves DK cannot have golden eyes.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..