10+ Year Old Account

Problem adding a friend

I'm encountering a problem adding a friend. It does not matter whether I used Firefox with my regular settings, Firefox with everything whitelisted, Chrome, or for a different ISP I also went through my phone with no browser addons at all. Is this something that can be fixed administratively? I have encountered problems before with sites having settings that clashed with me posting from China. Unlikely, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

What exactly is the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk
    What exactly is the problem?
    Received friends request. Friends request is pending. Attempting to save changes to add new friend results in the page constantly shown as loading, but it never updates the settings. I have tried sending a friends request to the same forum member using the field just above where pending friends requests are displayed. Same result. I have tried with all permissions for the page allowed. I have tried with just MMO-C open I have tried changing settings for the site, for example disabling the drag and drop feature. I have tried across multiple days and tried leaving the screen open for extended periods in case load speed was slow. I have tried on both Firefox and Chrome. I have tried on my phone using both my home WiFi (same ISP) and data plan (different ISP) My phone has no browser addons. I do not use a VPN, so that isn't listed as a possible problem. Since this happens on different browsers, with different settings and different ISPs, this would seem to be a problem that might not be on my end. It could be a Great Firewall problem, but I'm not having problems reading or posting. It might be something in between my computer and MMO-C and there might be little that could be done. It might be something gone odd with the site, perhaps something was changed with the black magic spam for example.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

There isn't really anything wrong on our end as far as I know. I've been thinking about just turning that system off though, as it doesn't actually do anything. Is there a use case for keeping it on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaud
    Is there a use case for keeping it on?
    For strict functionality, probably not. I always figured that it was a feature intended to promote a sense of community. I appreciate the reply, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    This might be a silly question, but you are checking the box by their avatar right, and not just hitting accept? You have to actually select them in order for the accept to work.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    @Tziva Not a silly question, I can see how that might get missed. Yes, I've checked that box. As a follow-up for @chaud, the Friends list does play a role in some of the filters and allows one to screen out people not on the Friends list. I suspect Ignore gets used more though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update: Today, after something like a year of the forum's editing tools not showing, they showed up. I checked the friends requests again and tried to add the pending request; however, it looked like it might not work since the loading icon was spinning. I went to the field for adding a friend and typed in the name. I don't know which one worked, but the change appears to have saved successfully.

My thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply to this thread, I think it can be marked as resolved and closed.