Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Rambling] So... antisemitism and why we need to talk about it still.

Three things prompt me to write this.

First, often on this forum I'm accused of pushing some weird guilt-trip and I should let go of history and not give a shit about nazis anymore.

The second is, a German rapper just won the German music award (Echo, for those in the know). I didn't know this until today, when I read the news about it. Because who gives a fuck about awards, right?

Third, an Arab thought he might prove just how safe Germany is. Got a Kippa that Jewish friends gifted him a while ago (that's nice at least) and walked around Berlin with it on. Then out of the blue people started assaulted him. With a dozen pedestrians around, only one woman yelled at the attackers.

So, why am I going on about nazis this nazis that? I'll let this teacher explain who made a cool Facebook post about it. I'll have to translate it, but I'll link the source for the Germans here: https://www.facebook.com/jorg.heeb/p...15810620809336

"I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT, IT'S JUST SICK!"

Last week the chief homie from my class asked me what I thought about Farid Bang und Kollegah (the name of that rap crew) during recess. So I told him: "Xenophobic, homophobic, mysoginistic and antisemitic shit." Then he wanted to know what "antisemitic" means [sic!] and I explained. His next question was what text passages by Farid Bang und Kollegah I thought were antisemitic, but I couldn't answer because recess was over. So I promised him to pick up the topic in class next week.

So, at the beginning of our next lesson, I wrote "My body is more defined than that of Auschwitz inmates..." [lit. translated] on the blackboard and waited if someone would pipe up. One girl did and asked "Should we write this down?" "No, you don't need to. I just want to know what you think about this one line." The response was: "That's from 0815 [one of their songs]", "Yeah man, Farid und Kollegah, they're extreme!", "They're machines!", "What is a defined body?" and finally "What are Auschwitz inmates?" [sic!]; After that, confused silence. To anwer the question about Auschwitz inmates, I read the students a few passages from Primo Levi's "Is that a human?", described the scope of the mass murder of the Jewish population by nazis in the Third Reich and projected two pictures to the wall; commented as thus: "To the left you see a bodybuilder with a perfectly defined body (https://goo.gl/images/dyJh8Z). His body fat is extremely low, each muscle clearly stands out. On the right photo you see an Auschwitz inmate (https://goo.gl/images/g3bbjD). When you read the words on the blackboard again, do you have any thoughts about that now?"

After one or two minutes of embarassed silence, a girl said the line "My body is more defined than that of Auschwitz inmates..." was disgusting. When asked what exactly she thought disgusted her, she said "I can't explain it, it's just sick!" And one of the boys: "The bodybuilder is torturing himself, because he wants to. The man from Auschwitz looks like that, because he was tortured by someone else. And he doesn't have any muscles anymore. He's surely going to die soon!" Another boy: "That's right. That's abnormal to write something like that. The Kollegah doesn't have any feelings for these humans!"

I'll let this speak for itself.
    So, why am I droning on about nazis and shit? Am I pushing a guilt trip? Perhaps Americans will grant me the notion that I'm much closer to this country and we're far from being the saints everyone thinks we are. We're still fucked up. People join neo nazi groups because they think it's fun. It's not. And any propaganda serving their purpose have to be opposed. You're going on about free speech a lot. Well, good for you. We put limits to that. Because these children don't know what happened. They haven't got the first clue. And when a nazi speaks to them, he knows how to exploit their innocence. After all, he knows the guide to do it. It's not a big secret, is it. A bit of fear mongering here, a bit of myths and invented legens there, a little bit of righteous fury and revenge and pop! goes another nazi.

Constant vigilance. That's the price we have to pay.

/discuss, is it a guilt trip or justified concern? :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with the premise that affirming that Auschwitz inmates had no body fat because they were starved is anti-Semitic.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    I disagree with the premise that affirming that Auschwitz inmates had no body fat because they were starved is anti-Semitic.
    It literally is playing down what happened to Jews in concentration camps. And suggesting that they wanted it, too. You don't see anything problematic with that at all?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    That line is actually hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as there are jews, there is anti-semitism. As long as there are christians, there is anti-christianism (?). As long as there are muslims, there is anti-muslimism(?!).

Anyway, the point is that many people don't like different people. It's always been like that and I doubt it's going nowhere anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Personally I'd regard any jokes about the Holocaust to be anti-Semitic. However I don't believe that criticising Israel's treatment of Palestinian's is inherently anti-Semitic.

Never heard of this German Rap group before, certainly wouldn't condone what I'm reading here. It's at best thoughtless or callous and at worst some kind of gateway to anti-Semitism.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2018-04-19 at 11:00 PM.

Well, all the fascist and communist groups running amok both hate Jews. The fascists hate them because they don't fit into their racial identity and the communists hate them because Jews are stereotypically bourgeois.

I agree we have to stay vigilant against these toxic ideologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    That line is actually hilarious.
    Well I can see how the humour works, but sheesh... some things are meant to be said with your inside voice, not the outside voice. :P

Idiots blame Jews for everything.

It's easier to blame something than to become educated. Hell, the Jews are even being blamed for bringing "all them dirty mooslims to Sweden" these days.
    At one point, a former co-worker of mine whom I knew to be an atheist and believed to be kind, wise and reasonable, just said "Those f-cking Jews though, they ruined the world with globalization and Christmas!!"... Like... wat?

And it must never BE forgotten, Nazis should never be given "some slack in the name of freedom", because they're the sort of crazy, extreme people that will act upon their ideas if given the chance. In my experience though, most of the people wanting us to "give Nazis some slack", tend to sympathize with them.

Given what I’ve heard about German laws in regards to nazis and the holocaust, I’m surprised he got away with singing about this in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    Given what I’ve heard about German laws in regards to nazis and the holocaust, I’m surprised he got away with singing about this in the first place.
    There are exceptions to those restriction on freedom of speech. The arts are specifically mentioned as one of the exceptions.

Deleted
    You wanna know what’s more important than throwin’ away money at a strip club? Credit/ You ever wonder why Jewish people own all the property in America? This how they did it - Jay Z

Anyway, German rap?
    'failed rapper' tends to be the previous experience on the CV of ISIS recruits. Antisemitism is live and well. Its fucking sad.

The Jews have an unfortunate habit of being a visible miniority that economically outperforms the majority in most instances. This creates a situation where the ruling class extorts money from the Jews to protect them from the angry, envious masses while simultaneously deflecting the anger of the masses have for the follies of the ruling class onto the Jews. The whole thing comes from envy and greed. That’s why it made perfect sense for the Jews to spend a little less time being merchants and bankers and start being soldiers so they could carve out a piece of the world for themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    The Jews have an unfortunate habit of being a visible miniority that economically outperforms the majority in most instances. This creates a situation where the ruling class extorts money from the Jews to protect them from the angry, envious masses while simultaneously deflecting the anger of the masses have for the follies of the ruling class onto the Jews. The whole thing comes from envy and greed. That’s why it made perfect sense for the Jews to spend a little less time being merchants and bankers and start being soldiers so they could carve out a piece of the world for themselves.
    nice stereotypes.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    So, something bad happened to your people a long time ago and you still want to keep the wounds alive. Makes sense because bad things never happened to any other people group.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    So, something bad happened to your people a long time ago and you still want to keep the wounds alive. Makes sense because bad things never happened to any other people group.
    75-80 years isn’t a particularly “long time”. You mght realize this when you grow up a bit.

Don't like 'm, solely based on the whole Israel thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Three things prompt me to write this.

First, often on this forum I'm accused of pushing some weird guilt-trip and I should let go of history and not give a shit about nazis anymore.

The second is, a German rapper just won the German music award (Echo, for those in the know). I didn't know this until today, when I read the news about it. Because who gives a fuck about awards, right?

Third, an Arab thought he might prove just how safe Germany is. Got a Kippa that Jewish friends gifted him a while ago (that's nice at least) and walked around Berlin with it on. Then out of the blue people started assaulted him. With a dozen pedestrians around, only one woman yelled at the attackers.

So, why am I going on about nazis this nazis that? I'll let this teacher explain who made a cool Facebook post about it. I'll have to translate it, but I'll link the source for the Germans here: https://www.facebook.com/jorg.heeb/p...15810620809336

So, why am I droning on about nazis and shit? Am I pushing a guilt trip? Perhaps Americans will grant me the notion that I'm much closer to this country and we're far from being the saints everyone thinks we are. We're still fucked up. People join neo nazi groups because they think it's fun. It's not. And any propaganda serving their purpose have to be opposed. You're going on about free speech a lot. Well, good for you. We put limits to that. Because these children don't know what happened. They haven't got the first clue. And when a nazi speaks to them, he knows how to exploit their innocence. After all, he knows the guide to do it. It's not a big secret, is it. A bit of fear mongering here, a bit of myths and invented legens there, a little bit of righteous fury and revenge and pop! goes another nazi.

Constant vigilance. That's the price we have to pay.

/discuss, is it a guilt trip or justified concern? :P
    They just gave them the echo to make the echo a topic in the media nothing more.
    Same shit happen with Bushido (Germany Rapper) and his Bambi but the backlash wasnt that strong.
    And i think Bushidos Bambi was way worst since he discriminat against women and gays for near 15 years.

Blumentopf (also german rapper) wrote once about this "rapper" a track and one line always sticked to me.
    " You speak about unity and in the same track you diss minorties "

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Well I can see how the humour works, but sheesh... some things are meant to be said with your inside voice, not the outside voice. :P
    No.

There are no limits to what someone can say about anyone or anything.

There should be no limits to what one can say.

It is what separates the the free and the oppressed.

However, it doesn't stop someone from saying you're a bigot or a racist or to just shut up. That is also the right of the free.

I am sick of people trying to stop free speech. You can argue, you can tell someone you don't like them but don't ever say they can't say something.

People died for our right to say what we like, to insult each other, to talk back to our leaders and our betters to not take shit from anyone. It's disrespectful to the millions of people that have died to protect our freedom.

I highly doubt the advancing Soviet army helped or freed any Jewish survivors in the camps and probably in fact killed them to save themselves from wasting resources on them (This is the same Soviet Russia that gave you either a gun or bullet to battle) and then blamed it on the Nazis in addition to the number the Nazis already massacred.

Aren't people being boiled alive in South Africa or kids being chain to desks in shops in South Asia? Seriously antisemitism shouldn't be as highly prioritized as it is in terms of the World's current problems and if Jews really wanted to stop the Holocaust from ever happening again they should take more stock in what is going on to others than someone making a Nazi-pug video or Rap video.