10+ Year Old Account

Art Bell The King of Paranormal OverNight Radio R.I.P at 72

Radio host Art Bell dies at 72 in Pahrump home

LAS VEGAS (KSNV) — Radio host Arthur William Bell passed away Friday, April 13.

Arthur Bell, also known as Art Bell was the original owner of Pahrump based radio station KNYE 95.1 FM. And perhaps best known for his conspiracy theory in the paranormal, with his radio show "Coast to Coast" - which was syndicated across the nation.

The Nye County Sheriff's Office says Bell died at his home in Pahrump, Nevada.

Bell is scheduled for an autopsy later this week to determine the cause of death.

He was 72-years-old.
    http://news3lv.com/news/local/radio-...n-pahrump-home

Just like he knew how to make an entrance he made one hell of an exit 4.13.78, I will never forget those over nights as a tow truck operator and listening to Art Bell while driving through the sticks from the interesting to the simply ridiculous it was always fun and entertaining. I would never agree with the man or his politics and I question more than just his moral character, but there is no taking away his accomplishments, before any boring George Noory or fat ass moronic Bill Hicks wannabe Alex Jones , There was Art Bell the innovator, BS peddler who can never be replaced.

[I]R.I.P

Arthur William Bell III (born June 17, 1945 - April 13, 2018) was an American broadcaster and author. He was the founder and the original host of the paranormal-themed radio program Coast to Coast AM syndicated on hundreds of radio stations in the U.S. and Canada. He also created and hosted its companion show Dreamland.

Semi-retired from Coast to Coast AM since 2003, he hosted the show many weekends on Premiere Networks for the following four years. He announced his retirement from weekend hosting on July 1, 2007, but occasionally served as a guest host through 2010. He attributed the reason for his retirement to a desire to spend time with his new wife and their daughter, born May 30, 2007. He added that unlike his previous "retirements", this one was permanent, while leaving open the option to return

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2018-04-14 at 12:09 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    He died on Friday the 13, thats pretty crazy.

Coast to Coast AM is uh...interesting but I'd be lying if I said I've never played a clip of it just to hear what ummm interesting stuff they were talking about.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    He died on Friday the 13, thats pretty crazy.

Coast to Coast AM is uh...interesting but I'd be lying if I said I've never played a clip of it just to hear what ummm interesting stuff they were talking about.
    Yeah it was a mix of interesting and just "OH COME ON" but it was fun, had a feeling this was coming since he was hospitalized a couple years ago, and gave up on another comeback after being threatened, but Friday the 13, Art Bell will always be one of a kind
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

He's with Xenu now. RIP

That's sad. Spent a lot of late nights playing WoW and listening to this guy.

The man would talk about anything that would make him a quarter.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    RIP Art Bell, I just heard about it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

A legend in radio. At the very least his program was interesting to listen to.

I listened to him for years when I worked the night shift from the mid to late 90's into the 2000's. Then he got real flaky and started on that come back and retire deal for the next decade. By his last shows, when he claimed someone was stalking and driving around his place while he was on the air, then he abruptly quit again. A lot of people had had enough with his antics. But when he was actually doing a steady show he was great. I suspect his young wife didn't want him doing radio, but he didn't want to give it up.

Another former night shift guy checking in here. Art was always a fun listen! He will be missed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaum23 View Post
    I listened to him for years when I worked the night shift from the mid to late 90's into the 2000's. Then he got real flaky and started on that come back and retire deal for the next decade. By his last shows, when he claimed someone was stalking and driving around his place while he was on the air, then he abruptly quit again. A lot of people had had enough with his antics. But when he was actually doing a steady show he was great. I suspect his young wife didn't want him doing radio, but he didn't want to give it up.
    Some of his retirements were fishy and he might have become a bit paranoid at some point. But....

....you have to remember though that his son was actually kidnapped and raped.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I think someone else said it best, and I don't know where I read it, but Art Bell and Coast to Coast was from a time where conspiracy theories were fun and harmless. Area 51, paranormal investigations, Bigfoot, aliens. Before it became malicious "crisis actors" and "white genocide". I think the show dabbled in 9/11 conspiracy theories later on, and I'm sad for that, though I never heard any shows about it.

It was just good fun, and the unscreened calls gave authenticity to it all.

Definitely a better chapter in time. Rest in peace, Art.

I loved Coast to Coast. Art Bell was an excellent host. The callers were a good mix of mental illness and trolling, although the ones with good stories made you wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I loved Coast to Coast. Art Bell was an excellent host. The callers were a good mix of mental illness and trolling, although the ones with good stories made you wonder.
    Some of the paranormal recording interviews gave me shivers. Admittedly, back in those nights, I was completely faded, but still....

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Some of the paranormal recording interviews gave me shivers. Admittedly, back in those nights, I was completely faded, but still....
    I'm more open to this stuff now that I've had my own weird events happen to me. Nothing as crazy as alien abductions or meetings with Bigfoot, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'm more open to this stuff now that I've had my own weird events happen to me. Nothing as crazy as alien abductions or meetings with Bigfoot, though.
    He used to invite callers to talk about their lucid dreams, and some of those were just downright fascinating. A guy called in and said that he took a nap, and in his lucid dream he went downstairs and saw his wife eating a bowl of ice cream, after which he went back to his bedroom and saw himself laying in bed, which spooked him so bad he woke up.

Went downstairs and told his wife about the dream and she apparently went white as a ghost and asked how he knew she had had a bowl of ice cream.

That one spoke to me because I've had a few lucid dreams and it was immeasurably fascinating.

Art Bell's voice filled the nights for me when I became a night owl in my teenage years. the alien stuff gave me sleepless nights, to be fair, I've always been terrified by the idea of alien abduction. But he was always a good sport with the wackos he had calling in.

RIP