Deleted

Competitive 6v6 Eliminations is live!

More sources of competitive points, enemy salt and forcing people to play at least 3 different heroes?
    I for one am super hyped to get home and do placements.

Thoughts/feelings?

Good to see more competitives modes. Still waiting for comp deathmatch or 1v1.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty lame game mode

played it for 3 matches, a lot of players are borderline throwing or are legitimately retarded. carry them to 2 wins, they have locked out your entire hero pool and you lose because you don't have heroes you can run isolations with.

waste of time and resources, but what else is new at blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Good to see more competitives modes. Still waiting for comp deathmatch or 1v1.
    Comp DM would be great, only problem is Chateau Guillard pretty much requires JR/Moira or Brigitte, because that's how you win. I'm sure other maps are balanced toward some heroes and away from others, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    pretty lame game mode

played it for 3 matches, a lot of players are borderline throwing or are legitimately retarded. carry them to 2 wins, they have locked out your entire hero pool and you lose because you don't have heroes you can run isolations with.

I'm enjoying it, played about 20 games, they're super quick and another source of comp points. Communication is sometimes an issue, but the same goes for usual comp mode too, so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    pretty lame game mode

Still better than Competitive CTF.

lost first match after placements and lost 50 points ô0

It’s kind of fun, but it’d be nice if it awarded more than 4 comp points for a win. I don’t think it should be worth a ton more because it’s usually much shorter than a normal comp match, but a couple more, at least?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    lost first match after placements and lost 50 points ô0
    Imagine my amusement when I placed 2863 and got to diamond in 2 wins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    It’s kind of fun, but it’d be nice if it awarded more than 4 comp points for a win. I don’t think it should be worth a ton more because it’s usually much shorter than a normal comp match, but a couple more, at least?
    Idk, I'd say that compared to the average length of a comp game, 4 is fine, I can get 4 wins on elims in about the same length of time, if not quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for competitive 4v4 deathmatch, or even 6v6 deathmatch where heroes DON'T get locked. :/
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Still waiting for competitive 4v4 deathmatch, or even 6v6 deathmatch where heroes DON'T get locked. :/
    Don't forget Comp FFA DM my dude. I just want more sources of comp points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did my placements just for the end of sea son points. (uh, when does the season for this one end, actually?)

It's not my preferred game mode, but it's great to see more competitive game types.

It would be nice to see it for other Arcade modes, as well, even as a temporary thing where the mode rotates each season. I'd like to see it for the deathmatch mode, which I enjoy a great deal. Even something as silly as competitive mystery heroes would be fun. The RNG can still fuck you, but in the opposite vein of regular comp, it does tend to reward players that know a lot of heroes verses those that play only one hero.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    Don't forget Comp FFA DM my dude. I just want more sources of comp points.
    The FFA DM mode is unplayable, littreally unplayable in it's current form. Just yesterday, I came 2nd, with 19 eliminations and 30 assists, while the winner had 20 kills and like 8 assists. It's not fair to do up to 99% damage to someone, just to have the kill stolen and all the work was for nothing.

Until there is a score system, like in Counter-Strike, this mode is broken. Assists gotta matter for something!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    The FFA DM mode is unplayable, littreally unplayable in it's current form. Just yesterday, I came 2nd, with 19 eliminations and 30 assists, while the winner had 20 kills and like 8 assists. It's not fair to do up to 99% damage to someone, just to have the kill stolen and all the work was for nothing.

Until there is a score system, like in Counter-Strike, this mode is broken. Assists gotta matter for something!
    Why? That's the game. If you can snipe kills from your opponents, you get points. That's literally the skill involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    Why? That's the game. If you can snipe kills from your opponents, you get points. That's literally the skill involved.
    A deathmatch mode where a score system is in place is way, way more fair. Let say a kill gives you 3 points and an assist gets you 1 point. To be eligible for an assist point, you gotta do 50%+ damage to the hero. And then you play to like 50 points. 15 kills, 0 assist (45 points) would be valued less than 5 kills and 35 assists (50 points) as it should obviously do. The guy with 5 kills and 35 assist did the hard work. He/she did atleast 50% damage to 20 people, which is alot of effort compared with the guy who sniped 15 people.

Whether these are the exact values doesn't matter, what matters is that you gotta reward damage and activity over just stealing the kills. I don't know how you can possibly think that doing 1 damage on a target that someone done 199 damage to, and get the kill is fair. The guy who did 199 damage did the work, he/she deserves the credit!

Counter-Strike: Global Offensives Deathmatch game is the best I have ever tried. Overwatch is a better game, but with a much inferior DM system.