Competitive 6v6 Eliminations is live!

More sources of competitive points, enemy salt and forcing people to play at least 3 different heroes?
    I for one am super hyped to get home and do placements.

Thoughts/feelings?

Good to see more competitives modes. Still waiting for comp deathmatch or 1v1.

pretty lame game mode

played it for 3 matches, a lot of players are borderline throwing or are legitimately retarded. carry them to 2 wins, they have locked out your entire hero pool and you lose because you don't have heroes you can run isolations with.

waste of time and resources, but what else is new at blizzard.
    To serve your lord and do his bidding, is that honorable? Even if that lord is an unimportant piece of shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Good to see more competitives modes. Still waiting for comp deathmatch or 1v1.
    Comp DM would be great, only problem is Chateau Guillard pretty much requires JR/Moira or Brigitte, because that's how you win. I'm sure other maps are balanced toward some heroes and away from others, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    pretty lame game mode

played it for 3 matches, a lot of players are borderline throwing or are legitimately retarded. carry them to 2 wins, they have locked out your entire hero pool and you lose because you don't have heroes you can run isolations with.

I'm enjoying it, played about 20 games, they're super quick and another source of comp points. Communication is sometimes an issue, but the same goes for usual comp mode too, so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    pretty lame game mode

Still better than Competitive CTF.

lost first match after placements and lost 50 points ô0
    When scum rules the world only more scum are born...

It’s kind of fun, but it’d be nice if it awarded more than 4 comp points for a win. I don’t think it should be worth a ton more because it’s usually much shorter than a normal comp match, but a couple more, at least?

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    lost first match after placements and lost 50 points ô0
    Imagine my amusement when I placed 2863 and got to diamond in 2 wins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thatsi View Post
    It’s kind of fun, but it’d be nice if it awarded more than 4 comp points for a win. I don’t think it should be worth a ton more because it’s usually much shorter than a normal comp match, but a couple more, at least?
    Idk, I'd say that compared to the average length of a comp game, 4 is fine, I can get 4 wins on elims in about the same length of time, if not quicker.

Still waiting for competitive 4v4 deathmatch, or even 6v6 deathmatch where heroes DON'T get locked. :/
    • Cataclysm Lover - Legion Hater (Cata>MoP>WotLK>TBC>WoD>Legion)
    • Keep Classic Servers 100% original or no point!
    • Always looking for skilled OW players to push rating!