Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Speculation] “5 Torches to light your path” Spoilers?

Hear me out, but you know that shit in the Emerald Nightmare when Illgynoth says that shit about "5 keys to open your door, 5 torches to light your path"? and everyone thought that was the five pillars of creation?

Wellllll....what if the 5 torches are the 5 World Trees and once the horde burns Teldrasill we realize that (with the exception of the wound in silithus) Azeroth hurts soo much that it wakes the Old Gods. Specifically Nzoth and Ysharraj!!! THEN WE HAVE TO BURN THE OTHERS TO WEAKEN THE OLD GODS

Yes I realize I spelled some names wrong. Apologies.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by borrborr View Post
    Hear me out, but you know that shit in the Emerald Nightmare when Illgynoth says that shit about "5 keys to open your door, 5 torches to light your path"? and everyone thought that was the five pillars of creation?

Wellllll....what if the 5 torches are the 5 World Trees and once the horde burns Teldrasill we realize that (with the exception of the wound in silithus) Azeroth hurts soo much that it wakes the Old Gods. Specifically Nzoth and Ysharraj!!! THEN WE HAVE TO BURN THE OTHERS TO WEAKEN THE OLD GODS

Yes. We, too, watched Bellular's video this morning.

It's certainly possible? Particularly with the way Nordrassil and the other ~drassil world trees clearly being an allusion to Yggrasil of Norse mythology, with the Old Gods gnawing at it's roots instead of Nidhoggr.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted

So... burning one tree strengthens the old gods, but burning them all weakens them?

You want to think that one over again?

Y'shaarj is dead bro.

But I for one do want to see Yoggy Bro again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    So... burning one tree strengthens the old gods, but burning them all weakens them?

Never said if strengthens them. I said it awakens them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post

Ever been hit and gotten angered? All that adrenaline pumping through you? It's like that.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Y'shaarj is dead bro.

We did “kill” C’thun and Yogg Saron. So Garrosh used Y’shaarjs heart. You never know with blizz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Ever been hit and gotten angered? All that adrenaline pumping through you? It's like that.
    He also says I said they were strengthened when i said awakened.

Deleted
    Ok so Vordrasil and shardrasill are all fucked already. Teldrassil will be fucked. But Nordraasil is fine and what's the fifth one?

Also the World Trees aren't vital to the survival of the world they're all just blessed trees aren't they. Not like they were grown at the same time to lock away an evil etc.

Apologises over spelling

- - - Updated - - -

Y'shaarj is dead bro.

They've been said to 'exist outside the cycle' it's very possible his mind/soul exist in some way some where.

Dude we all watch Bellular's video this morning and even before that Pyromancer speculated it long before he did. It could mean the trees, the dragon aspects, or the pillars. Late to the party much?

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Ok so Vordrasil, shardrasill and Teldrasill are all fucked fair enough. But Nordraasil is fine and what's the fifth one?

Also the World Trees aren't vital to the survival of the world they're all just blessed trees aren't they. Not like they were grown at the same time to lock away an evil etc.

- - - Updated - - -

They've been said to 'exist outside the cycle' it's very possible his mind/soul exist in some way some where.
    I don’t know all the names just zones of the trees.
    But Again it’s just speculation. It wouldn’t kill Azeroth to burn them, but if he old gods are underneath azeroth, it could cause the old gods to awaken somehow? Speculation is Speculation.

“omg there’s a sword in azeroth. break your weapon that is said to be the best one you can get to cure azeroth and we will give you shit shitty one in return”. Blizz logic.

It's OUR, not YOUR.

There was a really cool thread long time ago:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-our-path-quot

And no one unfortunately answered.

Quote Originally Posted by pathebaker View Post
    Dude we all watch Bellular's video this morning and even before that Pyromancer speculated it long before he did. It could mean the trees, the dragon aspects, or the pillars. Late to the party much?

When the internet is hostile for no reason. Discussion form is for discussion. Wanna be a dick, don’t post.

The world trees have always seemed like holy tumors to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Pretty sure that's only Void Lords.

Cthun is dead dead.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted

I had this exact thought a while back mid angry debate about how world tree's are more important than just big tree's.

There are 5 world trees 4 are corrupted 1 gets burnt, leaving just Nordrassil is its recovering state.

Deleted
    I don’t know all the names just zones of the trees.
    But Again it’s just speculation. It wouldn’t kill Azeroth to burn them, but if he old gods are underneath azeroth, it could cause the old gods to awaken somehow? Speculation is Speculation.

“omg there’s a sword in azeroth. break your weapon that is said to be the best one you can get to cure azeroth and we will give you shit shitty one in return”. Blizz logic.
    I'm not criticising just commenting. To my knowledge there are only 4 world trees (fifth one can be added of course). Maybe if you include G'hanir. Still im just not sure the World trees actually matter all that much to Azeorth. It existed fine without them for millions of years. Not like the titans create them into r anything

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure that's only Void Lords.
    Ah ok. Geniually had not considered that :L

Think it refers to five major battles.

Teldrassil, Lordaeron and Boralus all either burn partially/completely or are destroyed. If you take into account the only two capitals left on either continent - the Exodar and Silvermoon - and if they become part of the continent exchange, you'll have the five torches.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

There are only 4 world trees though

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Honestly every time there's a speculation thread people dive deep on meaning, and it ends up being the most obvious one. It's probably just the pillars.