View Poll Results: Should LFR be removed?

Voters
160. This poll is closed
  • Yes, remove from the game.

17 10.63%
  • No, keep LFR in the game.

131 81.88%
  • Yes, remove from the game and replace with something like 'flex' raid.

12 7.50%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Function View Post
    How does LFR help the game? I never said it affects me, but it does not help the game IMO.
    LFR helps the game because LFR's existence justifies the resources invested in raid development and raid development is good for the game.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Do we just take it out?
    Do we replace it with something like Flex raid?
    Do we just leave it alone?
    We will do nothing, Blizzard will keep it as it is

Leave it alone...Maybe make it so the LFR gear cannot TF or WF and just leave it that way. Getting and LFR TF item equal to mythic is rediculous. as a matter of fact get rid of TF and WF all together...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    As someone who was the recruit officer some years ago i disagree. LFR had a trickle down effect on recruitment because neither getting tier pieces / trinkets no seeing the content is exclusive now to been in a guild NOR having atleast idea how raid works in a PUG. So the strive is not there. The systemical going down participation rate since the last couple xpacs has to do with it as well
    I see you point. The over all population of WOW is on the decline. With or without LFR this wouldve been an issue. And from our raiding experiences, Im not sure alot of raid focusing guilds want to take a majority of the dedicated LFR player base. Not because they are bad, noone wants to teach or assist with new people breaking into raiding like it use to be. They are often met with, "read the journal / watch the video".

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the thread. Not just remove LFR, but replace it with something better.
    What EXACTLY do you suggest they replace it with? Lets be specific here

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    Leave it alone...Maybe make it so the LFR gear cannot TF or WF and just leave it that way. Getting and LFR TF item equal to mythic is rediculous. as a matter of fact get rid of TF and WF all together...
    Im all in favor of getting rid of it completely. But if you add for some, you have to add for all.

Should questions about removing lfr being removed from mmo champion be replaced with usefull content or gone forever? In my opinion people should get over their hardon for hating lfr and move on its here to stay.

I disagree with your view on and I think you are not understanding mine. If you remove LFR I am saying to ADD something better in its place. Read points 4 and 5. Not just remove it and say good luck, but make something that tries to enhance raiding by having players interact more.
    Its not my view its blizzards, read the link and the quote and what I said.

The only thing better to replace it with is NM+ being queable that's it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is how the raid team justifies their budget. Cataclysm is what happens when the raid team's budget is constrained: Firelands' map was recycled for a daily hub, Abyssal Maw was scrapped entirely, and Dragon Soul was a Frankenstein's monster of recycled maps with minor editing, single-digit boss count, recycled boss models, and teleports/cutscenes all over the place that amount to a raid that's less an assault on an enemy stronghold and more a boss rush as you're teleported from circular boss room to circular boss room. Because of that, it's not going anywhere no matter how much MMO-Champion's vocal minority (and yes, it is a vocal minority; the people advocating its' removal or evisceration are unanimously, without fail, on the overwhelmingly-losing side every time a poll like this is brought up) might whine and complain and seek to cut off their noses to spite their faces.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that it is the more casual players that subsidize the creation of higher difficulty content, they should actually improve lfr. This would be as a reward for the vast amount of players that pay their monthly only to have content created that they will likely never see.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replace LFR with something more engaging and rewarding. (which can lead to LFR players becoming raiders like I did)
    WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU WANT TO REPLACE IT WITH... You are really long on telling folks to 'read' and you are really short on giving us something to 'read'

I agree it COULD hurt the player base but it also could make players interact more which is what Blizzard has been trying to do for some time.
    Removing LFR wouldn't make people want to work together, they'd just stop raiding entirely. We've had this thread many, many times, and every time we do we get polls that prove it. Small scale, possibly anecdotal, but I'm inclined to believe it.

LFR raiders aren't raiders, and they don't want to be. There are those who use LFR as a tool to get better (like myself when I'm learning tanking strategies) but there are also those who don't want ANY of the commitment. Removing LFR wouldn't just change their mentality and motivate them to jump into a harder mode, the ones who want a better raiding experience are already the ones seeking it out.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Did I ever say I don't want to play with LFR players? I was a LFR player who found a normal ToT guild and from that have learned and gotten to a high level. If you are spending 3-4 hours a week on LFR que and LFR gear, why not spend 3-4 hours on something more engaging and higher rewards? (look at points)
    Spending 3-4 Hours a week in LFR Que also means I get to do other content while waiting....

That's a core difference between doing LFR and doing NM+.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I agree with your analogy but is there not something better that can be offered in its place?
    Sure, give an alternative where they can play in the same raids as the "big guys" without needing to spend hours learning the raid encounter, without wiping more on one boss than they spend in the raid for the whole patch and without the need of the mandatory attendance for the same team. Also it has to be in "fun sized chunks" so it does not takes more time than 30-60 minutes. And don't forget that you have to solve that casuals sometime have to leave (they prioritize IRL), so you have to make sure that some leaving does not makes the whole thing much longer for those who stay.

They are doing that to some degree in BFA. No WF/TF for the new 'tier'. I do agree that it is not fair when an LFR player gets a mythic level piece, but I also don't go crazy when it happens because they are not getting every single piece at mythic level.
    Ive honestly never seen a high ilvl LFR item. I dont go looking for them, nor do I care about what others do and or receive outside of my raid team. Hell Ive been playing on Mal'Ganis for many years, and recently found out who Asmongold was.

They are doing that to some degree in BFA. No WF/TF for the new 'tier'. I do agree that it is not fair when an LFR player gets a mythic level piece, but I also don't go crazy when it happens because they are not getting every single piece at mythic level.
    So you also not find it fair when someone wins the lotto because that's what the LFR version of winning the lotto is.

- - - Updated - - -

YES! That is what my point is, make it a flex raid. If you remove you must add something else. Flex forces players to spend the same amount of time on LFR but it can possibly jolt LFR players to want to raid. So many times LFR players simply don't know hot to get started. (Like I was in MOP early on)
    LFR has flex....

10+ Year Old Account
    YES! That is what my point is, make it a flex raid. If you remove you must add something else. Flex forces players to spend the same amount of time on LFR but it can possibly jolt LFR players to want to raid. So many times LFR players simply don't know hot to get started. (Like I was in MOP early on)
    'Jolting' players like you are suggesting will 'jolt' them into saying 'fuck raiding' and when the participation level craters back to pre-LFR introduction levels Blizzard will have but one choice left... cut raid development resources. if THAT is your goal... then by all means 'jolt' away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree it COULD hurt the player base but it also could make players interact more which is what Blizzard has been trying to do for some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you explain this?
    Seriously, go read earlier threads. You keep raising points that have been beaten to death. It's not our responsibility to rehash all of that just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    My dilemma is: If blizzard want LFR, fine. But then rather to about the system something that actually preapers the people for the mind set of raiding (and we are not talking mhytic here) or remove rewards completly from it so it has nothing to do with it. Because in this state as it is i rather like it remove as the mess it is
    Blizzard gutted the rewards from LFR in WOD and guess what. It tanked in player's using it and overall hurt raiding.

People like progressing there characters power that is a core element of a RPG. Remove that and you remove a reason for people to play.

LFR is not the same as MOP Flex. You seem to be a wow historian and can't argue that flex was not a nice gap in MOP for players who wanted to raid but could not do normal and heroic when mythic was not around.
    And you can't seem to read.

Blizzard baked in the flex system into LFR (You know the raid adjusting to the number of players in it). They baked that into all of there raiding. Your argument's have been beaten to death, Your thread isn't anything new.

I have given you the core reason why LFR is here and not going anywhere. LFR has been apart of WoW's life for over half of it. Ether you accept that or just unsub.