Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Just because you don't care does not mean other people do not care. You are essentially having fun at other people's expense. You are not a special snowflake, and the world does not exist to please you and only you.
    1. Care? About a casual BG? o.O

    2. At other people expense? Its a casual random game, under the 'Casual' tab. If you want competition and coordination where a brain is required, go do rated. The rewards are fucking Marks of Honor(lol), shit gear, more earned honor(which yields nothing), and what, maybe a potion?

    Having fun at other expense are malicious activities i.e. ninja pulling, ninja looting, ddos'ing, scripting, fly hacking, leaving discord and trolling the second an RBG game begins, not capping on purpose when your flag has been returned, ghosting your node you should be defending without saying anything are a few that come to mind... Being one of either 10, 15 or 40 ppl who isn't following objective is not going to change the tide of a random. Unless you are the one healer in the group of a capture the flag map, then yes, I would agree.

    3. Actually, in a game that I am paying for, in which I solo que to a casual random, I am here to please me and only me. You think people que up rando's to make rando people happy? Do you? Exactly.

    Casual bg's are in place for that very reason. To be casual. If you are going to be upset, have something worth being upset about. Until then, maybe go try Rated RBGs, work your way up to 2200mmr, and see this game in a new light. The definition of "team work" and what make or breaks a group will be quite eye opening for you.
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2018-04-22 at 11:23 PM.

  2. #22
    I know you think you are being witty and intelligent, but you are only illustrating that you either don't have a grasp on the idea that it is an actual person on the other side of that character, or you really believe that other people in the world are here just for you. Either way, you are a waste of time. One day you might understand what it means to be a part of a community, but until then you will sadly be alone in a room full of people.

  3. #23
    Deleted
    Well the clue is in the title, casual random bg, there can be loads of reasons ppl dont bother to follow objectives. Yep i also find it frustrating especially when im trying to honor level a alt. However there are many times i may wanna try out a new build/talent etc and randoms are basicaly a free from repercussion playground for testing shit out. And no 2v2 is not the place for that since queue times short games and requeing do not provide a longer metric you will want to assess/get used to your new stuff.

    Sorry but if you think there is any community emphasis on randoms you are deluded and pissing into the wind. If you want that join a pvp guild, queue half premade 10mans, do rated bgs. Randoms are there to let ppl do exactly whatever the fuck they want.

    Trust me if you think randoms are about organised cooperation then you are the only snowflake in here tyrean. All im hearing from you is i suck at or too scared to queue rated so stop ruining my random bgs cause i like stomping bads and winning shit rewards for capping flags
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2018-04-25 at 08:20 AM.

  4. #24
    Don't think I ever said I don't queue rated, mostly just pointing out how there is a place to "test" stuff and it is skirmishes and wargames. I am not sure how you think that playing in a BG to "test" is a good way to figure stuff out when there are objectives to be done and the fights are rarely even. 2v2 is still the best "test". I keep quoting that because I think what you really want is to mindlessly go into a BG and stomp kiddies with no thought or difficulty and 2v2 is too hard for you. You should play diablo or path of exile.

    Most of my replies have been to try and help the certain crowd of people who seem to not realize that there are people that play this game. The throw-away culture that Blizzard has cultivated over the years makes me think that all of the younger and newcomers to the game view everyone as an NPC. People complaining about not being able to do things and not realizing that it is because they are toxic.

    Anyway, have fun 5v2 in random BGs on the road. I am sure it will make you feel better about yourself in the short term.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Well the clue is in the title, casual random bg, there can be loads of reasons ppl dont bother to follow objectives. Yep i also find it frustrating especially when im trying to honor level a alt. However there are many times i may wanna try out a new build/talent etc and randoms are basicaly a free from repercussion playground for testing shit out. And no 2v2 is not the place for that since queue times short games and requeing do not provide a longer metric you will want to assess/get used to your new stuff.

    Sorry but if you think there is any community emphasis on randoms you are deluded and pissing into the wind. If you want that join a pvp guild, queue half premade 10mans, do rated bgs. Randoms are there to let ppl do exactly whatever the fuck they want.

    Trust me if you think randoms are about organised cooperation then you are the only snowflake in here tyrean. All im hearing from you is i suck at or too scared to queue rated so stop ruining my random bgs cause i like stomping bads and winning shit rewards for capping flags
    this, this and this. Spot on.

  6. #26
    If I lose a random bg as a healer i blame myself.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Don't think I ever said I don't queue rated, mostly just pointing out how there is a place to "test" stuff and it is skirmishes and wargames. I am not sure how you think that playing in a BG to "test" is a good way to figure stuff out when there are objectives to be done and the fights are rarely even. 2v2 is still the best "test". I keep quoting that because I think what you really want is to mindlessly go into a BG and stomp kiddies with no thought or difficulty and 2v2 is too hard for you. You should play diablo or path of exile.

    Most of my replies have been to try and help the certain crowd of people who seem to not realize that there are people that play this game. The throw-away culture that Blizzard has cultivated over the years makes me think that all of the younger and newcomers to the game view everyone as an NPC. People complaining about not being able to do things and not realizing that it is because they are toxic.

    Anyway, have fun 5v2 in random BGs on the road. I am sure it will make you feel better about yourself in the short term.
    wargames are a great place to... test out compositions for RBGs. And skirmishes? Not so much either, the games are far to quick, erratic, very broad range of talent and awareness, and are unique, but only to the point where you will not see the same comp back to back. Can hardly be considered a testing ground. The majority of games are over in less than 45 seconds. One thing I would say skirmishes are good for is a double dps mongo comp in which neither class can offheal, in order to "test" there mongo small kill window opener, and establish there CC rotation. And even still, these comps will not see the light of day above 1900cr.

    the word "test" here seems to be subjective. What is it that you think we are referring to when we say "test"? Imo, its not to "test" how to win the BG via objectives is where I believe you are becoming confused, but to "test" different talents or pvp talents depending on what classes you are facing/playing with to determine what is effective and what is not, and working on your personal rotation(heal,dps or cc), or working on becoming more aware of diminishing returns and not overlapping CC, whether they be your own or teammates. So many things in this game to test. I am not insinuating that Casuals were put in place to be our own personal testing grounds, but what is the alternative? Target dummy? Dueling? Skirmishes? Wargames? No, no, no, and no. BG's last 8-25minutes depending on x,y,z, which is adequate time to "test" things within your character, and on a wide spread variety of classes, to better hone in on, for lack of a better term, what works and what doesnt work against x class(es)

    Totally wrong. This shows your lack of experience in the game. There is a reason that Blizzard removed 2's from being able to receive PvP titles and rewards, because it is so outrageously unbalanced, and in face "balanced" around 3's. Any seasoned PvP'r would agree with this.

    just like that comment made you feel better? you are more alike your counterparts than you know.
    Last edited by Auberdeen; 2018-04-25 at 10:26 PM.

  8. #28
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Don't think I ever said I don't queue rated, mostly just pointing out how there is a place to "test" stuff and it is skirmishes and wargames. I am not sure how you think that playing in a BG to "test" is a good way to figure stuff out when there are objectives to be done and the fights are rarely even. 2v2 is still the best "test". I keep quoting that because I think what you really want is to mindlessly go into a BG and stomp kiddies with no thought or difficulty and 2v2 is too hard for you. You should play diablo or path of exile.

    Most of my replies have been to try and help the certain crowd of people who seem to not realize that there are people that play this game. The throw-away culture that Blizzard has cultivated over the years makes me think that all of the younger and newcomers to the game view everyone as an NPC. People complaining about not being able to do things and not realizing that it is because they are toxic.

    Anyway, have fun 5v2 in random BGs on the road. I am sure it will make you feel better about yourself in the short term.
    Sit in a bg for 15mins fiddling with stuff and testing vs sit in a 2v2 for 1min and queue up again for 5mins.......................do the math.............

    I dunno why you are wasting your time trying to cultivate the game equivalent of herding cats, randoms are functioning exactly how they are supposed to be, i.e letting people do whatever they like, with zero consequences(no your feels are not a consequence i'm afraid in this iteration of pvp), but i guess you think you can change the world man, more power to you.

    Peace.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    wargames are a great place to test out compositions for RBGs. Skirmishes not so much, games are far to quick, erratic, very broad range of talent and awareness, and is unique to the point where you will not see the same comp back to back. The majority of games are over in less than 45 seconds. One thing I would say skirmishes are good for is a double dps mongo comp in which neither class can offheal, in order to "test" there mongo small kill window opener, and establish there CC rotation. And even still, these comps will not see the light of day above 1900cr.

    the word "test" here seems to be subjective. What is it that you think we are referring to when we say "test"? Imo, its not to "test" how to win the BG via objectives is where I believe you are becoming confused, but to "test" different talents or pvp talents depending on what classes you are facing/playing with to determine what is effective and what is not, and working on your personal rotation(heal,dps or cc), or working on becoming more aware of diminishing returns and not overlapping CC, whether they be your own or teammates. So many things in this game to test. I am not insinuating that Casuals were put in place to be our own personal testing grounds, but what is the alternative? Target dummy? Dueling? Skirmishes? Wargames? No, no, and no. BG's last 8-25minutes depending on x,y,z, which is adequate time to "test" things within your character, team and on a wide spread variety of classes, to better hone in on, for lack of a better term, what works and what doesnt work against x class(es)

    Totally wrong. This shows your lack of experience in the game. There is a reason that Blizzard removed 2's from being able to receive PvP titles, because it is so outrageously unbalanced. Any seasoned PvP'r would agree with this.

    just like that comment made you feel better? you are more alike your counterparts than you know.
    Also this^

  9. #29
    I like to win random BGs, but when I see the Tyreans of the world pontificating in BG chat, I often ignore objectives just to make them mad.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbleem View Post
    I like to win random BGs, but when I see the Tyreans of the world pontificating in BG chat, I often ignore objectives just to make them mad.
    So odd. I read that as "I will cut off my hand to piss someone else off for a second." I think what you miss is that I don't get "mad", I am just sad that you are so bad at a simple game. Lots of times I just afk out of a garbage game with garbage people and do other things.

    This thread for me is mostly about trying to get people to see that they are affecting other actual people in the world. The game in particular used to have a much better community because you had social repercussions for being a dillhole. Now it is filled with toxic players like you that just want to piss off the world because they are too simpleminded to achieve anything. So instead of trying to be better and achieve, they just want to drag everyone else down with them. It is sadly something that happens too much in real life right now and the gameplay is just a symptom of that general idea.

  11. #31
    Arenas ruined bgs. Arenas been the fucking bane of pvp since tbc. And blizzards still stickning with it.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Answer to your question is "because they can" and I am quite sure if you ever find one of those players to speak up, they will tell you the same because they don't want to think, they just want to do what is fun for them and if it's fun for them to just zerg, they have absolute right on that.

    Of course, this is the worst someone can do when playing in a TEAM game.
    problem is in pve that behaviour will get you booted. yes even in casual dungeons and in lfr. random bg's don't have that safety net so alot of people decided it's a free ticket to do whatever they want because "there's no rules". this is where blizz needs to step in and enforce the actual intended gameplay of bg's or atleast tell everyone that expects to experience that to piss off if that's how it's going to be. you can't appease both.

  13. #33
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    problem is in pve that behaviour will get you booted. yes even in casual dungeons and in lfr. random bg's don't have that safety net so alot of people decided it's a free ticket to do whatever they want because "there's no rules". this is where blizz needs to step in and enforce the actual intended gameplay of bg's or atleast tell everyone that expects to experience that to piss off if that's how it's going to be. you can't appease both.
    I think you are missing the point mate, in dungeons or LFR yes there is a clear objective, but people queue for those because the end state of the dungeon/raid is to kill the boss and get the rewards be that loot or a quest reward. This is also true for some people queuing random bgs, but not all, a lot of people just queue in there to chill and do whatever they like or indeed test out new specs/talents/builds in a mass pvp environment with no repercussions. This is the real purpose of totally random bgs.

    If you want structured play you have rated play available, or you can queue half pre-mades. The solution here is not to punish those who are doing what they like in a random setting, it is to make the rated scene more accessible and better so that those that want the more objective orientated gameplay have somewhere to queue instead of being frustrated in playing with randoms.

    Then everyone is happy.

  14. #34
    Scarab Lord Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    4,295
    After reading this thread, age seeing that people are actually arguing for/dicking around in bgs is proof that the wow community needs a purge.
    You know, it's kinda funny. On this forum you can question and criticize celebrities, developers, even governments. But only two you will net you instant infractions; religion and the actions of moderators. Really puts into perspective the literal god complexes we're dealing with here.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    I think you are missing the point mate, in dungeons or LFR yes there is a clear objective, but people queue for those because the end state of the dungeon/raid is to kill the boss and get the rewards be that loot or a quest reward. This is also true for some people queuing random bgs, but not all, a lot of people just queue in there to chill and do whatever they like or indeed test out new specs/talents/builds in a mass pvp environment with no repercussions. This is the real purpose of totally random bgs.

    If you want structured play you have rated play available, or you can queue half pre-mades. The solution here is not to punish those who are doing what they like in a random setting, it is to make the rated scene more accessible and better so that those that want the more objective orientated gameplay have somewhere to queue instead of being frustrated in playing with randoms.

    Then everyone is happy.
    the purpose of random battlegrounds is that you get a randomly assigned battleground.. no more no less. it's not a free pass to dick around just because it has the word random in it. sadly that's what people are treating it like and something really needs to be done about it. why should the objective focused player be punished rather than the one who doesn't give a damn? you don't see the problem in that?

  16. #36
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    the purpose of random battlegrounds is that you get a randomly assigned battleground.. no more no less. it's not a free pass to dick around just because it has the word random in it. sadly that's what people are treating it like and something really needs to be done about it. why should the objective focused player be punished rather than the one who doesn't give a damn? you don't see the problem in that?
    Because an objective focused player has other options i.e rated

    You do realise that if anything you are suggesting was to be implemented it would kill bgs entirely, the only reason queue times are even remotely short (on some servers they are still 10mins+) is the volume of players just queueing for fun its been like this since TBC when they dropped the rank system.

    I get it mate its frustrating, i recently honor leveled a holy pala and it was painful trying to get to my best talent(lvl46), due to unessesary losses. Would have taken longer waiting in 25min queues however for potentially the same outcome. Onother solution is to make actual rewards from random worth playing for the win for as currently there is really zero incentive to focus objectives i.e 1 mark of honor and fuck all ap with a small chance at shitty gear!

    Punishing an already dwindling playerbase is not the answer giving better incentives to win is, like the general amount of ignoring objectives and doing the bg has gone up since the implementation of 30 essence for your first win for instance and noticebly drop off further into the day you go as ppl complete that win.

    Templates has also played its part as well ironically having a larger impact on randoms than rated i feel, i.e healer bias is crazy now, if the other team has 1 more healer its 90% of the time instant loss especially with honor talents.

    You need to look at the majority and im afraid that lies with those as you say "dicking around" so either punish them and you' cut off your nose to spite your face or give them better incentives to play for the win and then you are all happy, hell queue times may even improve!,

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    Because an objective focused player has other options i.e rated

    You do realise that if anything you are suggesting was to be implemented it would kill bgs entirely, the only reason queue times are even remotely short (on some servers they are still 10mins+) is the volume of players just queueing for fun its been like this since TBC when they dropped the rank system.

    I get it mate its frustrating, i recently honor leveled a holy pala and it was painful trying to get to my best talent(lvl46), due to unessesary losses. Would have taken longer waiting in 25min queues however for potentially the same outcome. Onother solution is to make actual rewards from random worth playing for the win for as currently there is really zero incentive to focus objectives i.e 1 mark of honor and fuck all ap with a small chance at shitty gear!

    Punishing an already dwindling playerbase is not the answer giving better incentives to win is, like the general amount of ignoring objectives and doing the bg has gone up since the implementation of 30 essence for your first win for instance and noticebly drop off further into the day you go as ppl complete that win.

    Templates has also played its part as well ironically having a larger impact on randoms than rated i feel, i.e healer bias is crazy now, if the other team has 1 more healer its 90% of the time instant loss especially with honor talents.

    You need to look at the majority and im afraid that lies with those as you say "dicking around" so either punish them and you' cut off your nose to spite your face or give them better incentives to play for the win and then you are all happy, hell queue times may even improve!,
    if i wanted to do rated then that's what i'd do. i queue up for random bg's for some casual gameplay same as you would when queueing up for random dungeons.
    i'm not looking for hardcore gameplay(rated).

    also i believe there'd be way more players playing if they'd get what they sign up for.. now there's loads of people being frustrated and giving up instead and what's left is the toxic garbage you're greeted by now.

  18. #38
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    if i wanted to do rated then that's what i'd do. i queue up for random bg's for some casual gameplay same as you would when queueing up for random dungeons.
    i'm not looking for hardcore gameplay(rated).

    also i believe there'd be way more players playing if they'd get what they sign up for.. now there's loads of people being frustrated and giving up instead and what's left is the toxic garbage you're greeted by now.
    So you see my point then, punishing people is only going to make things worse in the long run, giving people incentives to play the objectives is far better a solution since its a rewarding system rather than a negative one for not doing as you are told basically.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    So you see my point then, punishing people is only going to make things worse in the long run, giving people incentives to play the objectives is far better a solution since its a rewarding system rather than a negative one for not doing as you are told basically.
    it already is worse because by not doing anything. incentives or otherwise a portion of the playerbase has to suffer(the ones the actual content is intended for)
    there's no defending that.

  20. #40
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    it already is worse because by not doing anything. incentives or otherwise a portion of the playerbase has to suffer(the ones the actual content is intended for)
    there's no defending that.
    The content is for everyone.............how people choose to consume that content is entirely upto them, you will never fully control that whether you like it or not.

    Alienating or punishing what is currently the majority of the player base in this particular section of the game is just bad game design as a whole; a more structured solution is not "you will do this or suffer the consequences" it is how can we encourage more people to focus on the objectives and win the bg, which in a mmo is rewards funnily enough, rewards that warrant the effort.

    As i said before people are not arsing about in dungeons or raids because they are afraid of being kicked, its because they are there for the rewards of completing or in other words winning the dungeon/raid by killing the boss.

    There is no reason that the same principle cannot be applied to bgs to improve them for everyone, simple as that.
    Last edited by mmoc6c2e0bc3b9; 2018-05-01 at 01:08 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •