Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Genuinely curious. Out of every 100 hunters I see while playing in PvE, 95 are BM, 5 are MM, and I haven't seen a single surv hunter in months
    I have different stats for you, out of 100 hunters I see 95 are MM, 5 are BM and none are SV.

because it can be played with a negative amount of braincells

plus you're not penalized for moving unlike MM

Because it works the best out of the 3 specs.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    I have different stats for you, out of 100 hunters I see 95 are MM, 5 are BM and none are SV.
    There is definitely more BM than MM in raiding, the number of each spec are somewhat similar in Mythic, with BM only slightly ahead, but in heroic there's significantly more BM.

OT: It's just because it's easier to play BM and reach high dps with it, and if you aren't very good, you can't get that with MM. So BM for that person is going to do more dmg. Simpler rotation, infinite mobility, makes a huge difference to players who want easy, or want a chill spec they don't have to stress about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Because it works the best out of the 3 specs.
    Hmm, I wouldn't say that. Hati still has quite a few bugs. And nothing really doesn't "work" in MM.

Full DPS while moving.

It's the easiest spec in the game. You can pull ok numbers without knowing what the heck you're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krozard View Post
    Really simple reason for me, personally: I have a nice collection of rare pets, and I hate the idea of not using a single one of them
    Same here. Having a loyal companion on my side was the only reason I chose the hunter as first char ever back in Vanilla.

Deleted
    Its the easiest and most stabile spec after you make a bunch of macros. However its not the most efficient one in terms of utility and dps output

I love Survival, but i switch to BM when I want to turn my brain off and relax a little.. Or I'm too lazy to stay focused on my game..
    I do a similar dps in both specs. Maybe BM a little higher because I'm not yet very good at SV

Both BM and MM are piss easy.

I don't understand people who think MM is hard. All you virtually do is spam aimed shot within vulnerable windows, trying to get 3 aimed shots per vulnerable window, refilling focus, and then repeating. Getting more aimed shots with trueshot>windburst every other minute, but the concept is the same.

MM and BM are piss easy.

I just play BM because I want to use a pet and they made lone wolf a thing for MM which I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Shoot while running cause you do relevant DPS either way..you might not outdps the FOTM, but you are moving while shooting.

Low skillcap also.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

I don't understand people who think MM is hard. All you virtually do is spam aimed shot within vulnerable windows, trying to get 3 aimed shots per vulnerable window, refilling focus, and then repeating. Getting more aimed shots with trueshot>windburst every other minute, but the concept is the same.

MM and BM are piss easy.

I just play BM because I want to use a pet and they made lone wolf a thing for MM which I hate.
    Nice joke.

MM is penalized heavily by movement, and not because you have to stop casting, but because of the vulnerable cycles.

You have to always do the same, true, but moving slightly already fucks up the cycle and you have to adjust on the fly.

Bm can do all of its rotation without stopping moving for one second.

Because the other two are even worse.

1. easiest spec,
    2. best for solo/questing/WQ,
    3. being able to dps while moving,
    4. strong cleave/aoe

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play it only to fit into the stereotype of brainless player that wants it easy.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Deleted
    Because it's the best DPS spec by a significant margin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

MM and BM are piss easy.

I mean you've just said MM is super easy then said the rotation totally wrong.

You don't aim for 3 aimeds each vuln you donkey.

Deleted
    I go BM simply cause pets. I love to hunt and gather the rare ones and want to use them. If MM or SV could use them I would use those roles, but as it is only BM can do it. c:

1.pets
    2.litterally the simplest spec in the game
    3."ranged melee DPS",you get the benefits of both,range and damage while moving/no cast time

It's seriously one of the easiest specs I've ever played. It does not take much to optimize it. While I prefer MM in theory (t18 4pc never forget), it feels clunky in Legion... BM feels so much smoother, though I will likely give marks another try pretty soon.