Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    And in BFA they are forcefully wiping it by removing your weapon.
    Except they aren't removing your weapon. All they are doing is disabling the traits. You keep the actual weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luperca View Post
    Why didn't you say that in the first place instead of commenting about the age you thought my pic was. Also Hati is attached to our Artifacts and those are being removed in BFA, I doubt anyone playing this game doesn't know that by now. No one needs to read these forums to find out we are loosing our cool weapons in BFA. You wanted to make a point or you wouldn't have taken the time to comment.
    Artifacts aren't being removed. They are only disabling the traits.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Except they aren't removing your weapon. All they are doing is disabling the traits. You keep the actual weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Artifacts aren't being removed. They are only disabling the traits.
    Hati is a trait

Quote Originally Posted by Dicmonger View Post
    A lot of people play BM in high end mythic raids, depends a bit on what you define as "high end" but either way BM is very good right now and performs almost as good if not better than MM on average, that said MM has much higher potential.

I think a lot of people think that BM is bad when it really isnt, i dont really understand why this is the case if maybe people are only going of sims or what but BM performs pretty well in antorus although it does fall quite far behind on aoe.
    Warcraft logs and simcraft say different for high end guilds. But if you are a casual raider that will only see the first 2 bosses of mythic raiding - BM is perfectly fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    Warcraft logs and simcraft say different for high end guilds. But if you are a casual raider that will only see the first 2 bosses of mythic raiding - BM is perfectly fine.
    Can you define what a high end guild is? If you cant there really isnt a point in arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicmonger View Post
    Can you define what a high end guild is? If you cant there really isnt a point in arguing.
    Not arguing at all, theres a difference between statement and argument. just go to warcraftlogs and see what 75th percentile or so, which are regs, high-end is 90th+, they have dropdowns for your pleasure. If you need more information on how to use this site, it has a help feature on the right.

To sum it up in general chat form, its Basically a top 5 guild on your server that advertises for mythic clears after 2 months of the new content.

The statement, without reading between the lines is - play what you want.

This thread isn't about what spec is better at different skill levels, and the answer to this question does not help OP's question so frankly any discussion on that exhausted topic is just straight up thread derailment at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play BM because I rolled a hunter to fight alongside a powerful pet. I don't want it being an afterthought or downgrade to my dps (LW).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xloudman View Post
    Hati is a trait
    And you have a talent in BFA that summons a second pet.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xloudman View Post
    Hati is a trait
    Right, but he was saying they are removing the WEAPON. That isn't the case. You keep the weapon, just with traits disabled. Also, the first row of talents has a choice to have a second pet.

Deleted
    Right, but he was saying they are removing the WEAPON. That isn't the case. You keep the weapon, just with traits disabled. Also, the first row of talents has a choice to have a second pet.
    So?
    Hati is still being wiped, isn't he? That's what he said too - what are you going to do with the weapon afterwards? It will only take up inventory space. Same difference
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-05-05 at 08:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    beast master spec = brock lesnar mode = suplex city
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    So?
    Hati is still being wiped, isn't he? That's what he said too - what are you going to do with the weapon afterwards? It will only take up inventory space. Same difference
    The weapon is going stay with you until at least 114-116 when you finally actually get an upgrade. And by the way you can still use the weapons in time walking events because of the scaling there.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they could give us MoP BM back. Legion BM is so boooring. Feels like I am just smashing buttons randomly instead of actually paying attention. MoP BM had mobility AND a nice rotation. Why did they have to fudge that up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest to play

Deleted
    The weapon is going stay with you until at least 114-116 when you finally actually get an upgrade. And by the way you can still use the weapons in time walking events because of the scaling there.
    So basically, the weapon is indeed gone...

As I said.. same - fucking - difference.

What makes the artifact-weapon better in timewalking when BFA hits btw - or do you want the original around and not just use a mog for the most random reason, just so you can argue?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-05-10 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    So basically, the weapon is indeed gone...

As I said.. same - fucking - difference.

What makes the artifact-weapon better in timewalking when BFA hits btw - or do you want the original around and not just use a mog for the most random reason, just so you can argue?
    No it's not gone because as it's ilvl and stat allocation will be far above any weapon you drop for a good bit of time.

As for timewalking, those weapons will be batter in many cases because of how they scale down compared to max level ones. We have seen this in the past where people were using old legendaries over their current weapon because they actually performed better in timewalking content due to being a lot closer to, or at level of the timewalking content and therefore aren't affected as much by the scaling. heck, when I do BC timewalking, I use my legendary bow from Sunwell Plateu because it was actually getting more damage with it than I was with my max level weapon.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2018-05-11 at 04:46 PM.

Deleted
    Let's be honest here, most people will throw that thing away after a few hours in BFA.

"a good bit of time" is measured in hours. not weeks, it's not unlikely that it's gone before you go to sleep.

when I do BC timewalking, I use my legendary bow from Sunwell Plateu because it was actually getting more damage with it than I was with my max level weapon.
    I'm not a timewalking expert, because that content is as relevant as a random quest you do in some leveling area - but I really doubt that. Artifact traits work in timewalking, don't they? You lose windburst, AiS procs, bullseye, trueshot reductions etc. etc. etc.

If you are talking about prelegion - the legendary bow is not any better than the rest, it doesn't have sockets, the warbow should be better (garrosh), but I'm not sure how much it has changed over the time - or if Sha-/Sockets even work now.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-05-11 at 06:16 PM.

No it's not gone because as it's ilvl and stat allocation will be far above any weapon you drop for a good bit of time.
    While technically you are right that the artifact isnt gone and youll use it to start bfa, youll replace it in about 2-3 hrs of game play and quicker than that with a lucky TF proc. If your weapon is ilvl 1000 on live, it will be a 265 in bfa and you get that ilvl of stuff at roughly lvl 112/114 or so.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2018-05-11 at 07:42 PM.

I play BM b/c when I rolled my hunter 11 or 12 years ago I did so b/c an archer type class that could tame just about any pet I wanted in the game sounded fun.

Fast forward to today where MM is petless and SV is melee, the game doesn't exactly give me much of a choice now. I've never cared much for MM over the years in pretty much any iteration of the spec. SV used to be my OS, and it's what I raided with in most tiers, but I refuse to play a melee hunter when I could pick literally any other melee class and do better with it. So, that leaves me with BM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    While technically you are right that the artifact isnt gone and youll use it to start bfa, youll replace it in about 2-3 hrs of game play and quicker than that with a lucky TF proc. If your weapon is ilvl 1000 on live, it will be a 265 in bfa and you get that ilvl of stuff at roughly lvl 112/114 or so.
    I don't think it's gonna be quite that fast unless you get lucky with a warforge. Normal dungeon blues are only ilvl 210 at lvl 110 & ilvl 310 at lvl 120. I was getting 270's items at lvl 119.

Deleted
    • good burst on demand
    • excellent mobility
    • good support (slows, cc, battlerezz, heroism and so on)
    • good "feeling" during gameplay, very direct class, no cast times or so

makes BM very good to play especially in M+