Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Erondur View Post
    Spirit Beasts are freakin awesome uber on the PTR atm. Guess you didn't check out the healing amount of spirit mend! Dmg wise it doesn't make a difference anymore what kind of pet you summon - they all do the same. I LOVE the way pets are now. Much MUCH more utility and flavour on em than in Legion. Funny thing tho: On the PTR mend pet also heals you for a small amount. Guessing it's a bug. Btw: You mentioned mechanical pets - they previously didn't have ANY individual skill at all. Now they have a dmg reduction shield. So they actually gained more than they lost.

Played some M+ on the PTR with my BM and right now (with our current secondary stats) ferocity pets are destroying anything with ease because of their insane leech heal. Did use mend pet maybe twice during a +3 M+ solo attempt.
    I knew about the massive heal that spirit mend does but i expect that to be nerfed and just something they forgot to adjust, the point of not being ferocity is they don't have bloodlust, there are times especially in m+ you will be the bloodlust guy and you can't use spirit beasts then. Defensive matrix is just shield wall for the pet, again doesn't have bloodlust. I just don't understand why we are forced into having set specs for pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    I knew about the massive heal that spirit mend does but i expect that to be nerfed and just something they forgot to adjust, the point of not being ferocity is they don't have bloodlust, there are times especially in m+ you will be the bloodlust guy and you can't use spirit beasts then. Defensive matrix is just shield wall for the pet, again doesn't have bloodlust. I just don't understand why we are forced into having set specs for pets.
    Don't think it's a hassle to use any other ferocity pet just for the BL. In my opinion it made sense to make the only pet that heals you also in the spec that gives you the def cd. It kind of syncs well imo.

Anyway, think about it this way: you will only use your ferocity pet twice in an m+ highkey run, but you will definitely run with your spirit beast of choice for the whole rest of the dungeon for the 2 min def cd. So you will have plenty uptime of your favorite pet - definitely.

Edit: Regarding mechanical: my statement still stands - they gained more than they lost, even if it's just a dmg reduction shield. But I do understand you. If I'd be playing gnome bm I'd also wish they made mechanicals ferocity or even better tenacity (as tenacity will be our go to pet for the most part of the group / raid contet).
    Last edited by Erondur; 2018-06-17 at 08:34 AM.