Upcoming Event - Dark Nexus

Upcoming Event - Dark Nexus
    The Deckard Cain PTR build that went out earlier this week contained a few extra goodies hinting at an upcoming Dark Nexus event. The gamefiles contain new skins, new mounts, and a couple of Carbot sprays. Additionally, a few textures and references for other content were added as well.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    New Skins
    New Dark Nexus Alarak and Dark Nexus Gul'dan skins have been added.

Variants:
    • Dark Nexus Alarak
    • Shattered Dark Nexus Alarak
    • Forgotten Dark Nexus Alarak

Description: In the forgotten darkness beyond reality, a new avatar of primordial power has been forged. This dark mirror of Alarak's malice and sadism seethes with contempt toward all of existence... including it's own.

Variants:
    • Dark Nexus Gul'dan
    • Cataclysmic Dark Nexus Gul'dan
    • Eldritch Dark Nexus Gul'dan

Description: The avatars of the Dark Nexus are twisted reflections of heroes and villains. While they may wear familiar guises, they are, in truth, chaos and hatred incarnate... an ancient evil that can only be bargained with: never controlled.

New Mounts
    A Dark Nexus Manta and Dark Nexus Hound have been added.

Variants:
    • Dark Nexus Manta
    • Corrosive Dark Nexus Manta
    • Entropic Dark Nexus Manta

Description: Some creatures of the Dark Nexus defy both the laws of physics and the laws of biology. Some are also unexpectedly docile.

Variants:
    • Dark Nexus Hound
    • Sadistic Dark Nexus Hound
    • Ancient Dark Nexus Hound

Description: An amalgamation of bestial rage, the hounds of the Dark Nexus embody the most primal of predatory instincts. They are both savage and unrelenting.

New Bundle - Dark Nexus Bundle

New Carbot Sprays

• Tall, Dark, and Sadistic
    • Making It Rain

Additional Content
    Following last week's development update, the first signs of the upcoming loss forgiveness system were added to this PTR build. Textures for new Heroes Global Championship team banners were also added. No official information on how to obtain these has been released as of yet.

References to new Nexus Lord announcers also got added to the gamefiles.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Loss Forgiveness Icons

Nexus Lord Announcers:

• Ilarian Announcer
    • Blackheart Announcer
    • Beleth Announcer
    • Nightshade Announcer
    • Spore Queen Announcer
    • Lady of Thorns Announcer

Heroes Global Championship Team Banners

Last edited by chaud; 2018-04-19 at 05:56 PM.

The UpsideDown has come to the Nexus. Time to get your waffles ready.

i hope we can get more valeera skins soon but i doubt it

10+ Year Old Account
    perfect event to add a proper reaper of death skin for malthael imho

I hope there is more then just these two skins comming maybe dark versions of heroes Lili needs a new one, maybe thats why shes shown on the mount

Love these two skins, and the manta ray mount, but really doesent seem liek an event ,maybe a new map, or a few more skins would be better.
    really think a ragnaros skin of this type would be really cool, we still havent gotten any skins for him post launch.

Love the skins but it seems odd that the "dark evil version" of characters is being used on.... characters that are already dark and evil.

What rewards will be given when the event quests are finished?

Those Guldan skins are fricking sweet.

Deleted
    More choices are always welcome, so i dont mind these skins, but i find them pretty uninteresting.

Especially Alarak doesnt really looks different from his base skin (from a distance)
    The mounts are cool tho!

"seems odd that the "dark evil version" of characters is being used on.... characters that are already dark and evil."
    That got me headscratching too.

Evil Varian, Lucio, Probius, BW that would be neat!

The Gul'dan one looks pretty badass.

Pretty nice news post, I'd rate it a solid heroesnexus/10 (rest well, sweet prince).

OT: That manta mount does look pretty sick. I love the Alarak skin aswell, it doesn't look suepr transformative but looks great nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawz View Post
    More choices are always welcome, so i dont mind these skins, but i find them pretty uninteresting.

Especially Alarak doesnt really looks different from his base skin (from a distance)
    The mounts are cool tho!

"seems odd that the "dark evil version" of characters is being used on.... characters that are already dark and evil."
    That got me headscratching too.

Evil Varian, Lucio, Probius, BW that would be neat!
    Similar to Tychus surviving and becoming infested, imagine a Fel Fire Varian, somehow surviving the Broken Shore, but his body has become twisted by the Fel that now coarses through his body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I hope there is more then just these two skins comming maybe dark versions of heroes Lili needs a new one, maybe thats why shes shown on the mount
    The website owner (or someone who works for him) does the preview videos on this website not blizzard you numpty....

with the recent update the background of the play tab just got some spiky red vistas and ominous crimson clouds and a wallpaper
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2018-05-01 at 07:36 PM.

Maybe its just me misunderstanding the concept but shouldnt an so called "event" as they say it is contain somekind of stuff to do like completing different quest and stuff.. like they sometimes do.. this is just ... here go buy a bundle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Maybe its just me misunderstanding the concept but shouldnt an so called "event" as they say it is contain somekind of stuff to do like completing different quest and stuff.. like they sometimes do.. this is just ... here go buy a bundle!!
    Well, they painted the background red and printed a pitiful comic.... I guess that constitutes an "event" lul

More will be coming o
    over time

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Well, they painted the background red and printed a pitiful comic.... I guess that constitutes an "event" lul
    Becoz it's not an event. It's first part of the Nexus lore. Imagine this will work like WoW expansion, "Dark Nexus" expansion. You will get new content over time (in WoW it's 3-6 months) and when this story ends, new begins (maybe "Bright Nexus" ).

Quote Originally Posted by skorpio View Post
    Becoz it's not an event. It's first part of the Nexus lore. Imagine this will work like WoW expansion, "Dark Nexus" expansion. You will get new content over time (in WoW it's 3-6 months) and when this story ends, new begins (maybe "Bright Nexus" ).
    Ok then.. i was just confused because everyone is calling it an event... and for me and event means.. stuff to do, like quest etc-- but hopefully we will see more stuff overtime as you say