Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to regain interest in the game again?

I'm a competetive player and played games like CS, LoL, WoW (raiding and arena) and I have learned that I need to play games with ranking etc to be able to enjoy the game. Also a popular game. I enjoyed mythic raiding a lot and high-end arena but that's hard to get back to now right? Now I'm tired of all games tbh, and I thought maybe WoW could get me into gaming again since I've always loved it.

Any tips on how to regain the interest in wow?

Deleted
    No way, game sucks.

Don't get the mentality.."I don't like this game but want to like it" ...if you don't like something just let it go

I'm doing it for the online social life and preparation for high end raiding next xpac, might make some fun youtube videos as well idk. I think you need to figure out your real life if you're tired of all games because games should be icing on the cake of your life rather than a substitute for your life. My 2c.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Don't get the mentality.."I don't like this game but want to like it" ...if you don't like something just let it go
    tbh i have no clue where to go. I can't seem to find any game i like..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I am like you, I always loved games that are highly competitive, online and have rankings or other measurements to compare yourself with others. But as you grow older not only will you get worse at gaming (reaction times, multi-tasking etc.) you also have spend probably thousands of hours in those games. My solution to regain fun in gaming was to step back from competitive gaming and enjoy all the other games I missed. When I came back to CS, WoW etc. it felt fresh again and I realized that I will get worse no matter how much I play, you can't stop your body from getting worse so I told myself that I have already proven that I am a good gamer and from then on I simply enjoy the games in a less stressful way. Doing my best but realizing you will not be as good as I was 10 years ago. (I am 32 btw) I still have replays/screenshots from back then to remind me how good I used to be.

Deleted
    No way. Game sucks more and more. It is more and more boring.

imho - lore is what got me back into it. WoW has the best lore out of any game out there (imho). Getting a better understand of why you are fighting each mob/boss/whatever. Makes is easier to really immerse yourself into the game instead of treating it like a math problem.

WoW is extremely competitive for about 100 to a 1000 people near the top of each style of play. Outside of that it's mostly try hards talking themselves up a lot for a long long ways down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Wow is a different game than CS and LoL, so you may not find what you're looking for here..

But many high end players love the game, and I think you have many options toward the end of the expac: Last Season for PVP, Finishing up Mythic 11/11, and of course all of the things Blizz is taking out during the prepatch in likely 3 months or so.

If none of that sounds interesting - I guess it's time to hang up your mantle and call it quits

Quote Originally Posted by Vetly View Post
    I'm a competetive player and played games like CS, LoL, WoW (raiding and arena) and I have learned that I need to play games with ranking etc to be able to enjoy the game. Also a popular game. I enjoyed mythic raiding a lot and high-end arena but that's hard to get back to now right? Now I'm tired of all games tbh, and I thought maybe WoW could get me into gaming again since I've always loved it.

Right now it's not a good time, it's the dead time between xpacks. Take a break, enjoy the summer, come back for BfA. That would be my best suggestion I guess.

Deleted

Play through warcraft 2 and 3. Always helps. Well, that helps on the feeling side. Its a multiplayer game so to enjoy it you need to find some good people to play the game with, those are harder to find and on that, I cant really help.

Get people to share fun with Id say. If youve lost interest in the game itself you need something else in it to rekindle it. A good Guild can make that too.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Push for Blizzard to stop designing the non-raid part of the game to be a gold-star-for-particiation. Push for Blizzard to stop making all non-group content insultingly easy. You won't spark true motivation to push ahead and progress in a game where progression is completely unnecessary outside of high end M+, mythic raids, and top end arenas. When was the last time you did solo-content that made you truly focus, and think "I'll have to come back later"?
    And no, Mage Tower for cosmetics does not count.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

If the game is not fun for you anymore, it is definitely hard to find it interesting again. But as many above mentioned, finding a good group of people to play with is the best solution.

There are actually quite a few things you could do right now:

- Level allied races / any classes you haven't finished leveling
    - Artifact challenge appearances (requires level 110 and decently geared characters)
    - Raid casually (LFR/Normal/heroic to get some gear for Artifact challenges)
    - Mythic+ (weekly chests and gear)
    - PvP (another way to gear up)

The Challenge appearances will no longer be available once BFA comes so many people are trying to gear up characters to complete them. I have friends that are putting crazy amounts of time into leveling and gearing up their other characters just for this purpose.

I would suggest getting all expansions and maybe just taking some time off from gaming in general. I notice that often when I stop playing for a while and then come back I have a whole new drive to play. It never hurts to just take a step back every once and a while and binge some Netflix

Last time I got super burnt out on gaming, I took a step back and spent a few months tackling the challenge of getting a business off the ground. It really gave me a new appreciation for both how relaxing it is already having mastered something like the games I enjoy and for how hard learning something new is for new players. Since I came back I've spent less time competing myself and more time trying to coach newer players so they can get into seriously competing and it's made the game a lot more enjoyable.

Deleted

Take a break and wait for the legacy servers. I don't even like vanilla that much but it beats what's on the blizzard market currently. I'm not going to buy BFA or play it at any point because I know I'll be left disappointed. They're just tweaking the same annoying WoD formula with every new expansion, making the game super accessible and casual friendly, thus nullifying the lasting appeal, hence why you can't find a reason to get back, you'll get bored in 2 weeks max.
    Last edited by mmoc38f3e4c48b; 2018-04-19 at 08:59 PM.

I found a new guild filled with really lovely people who regularly play other games together as well.