Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Buggy = a reality of Alpha, won't last if enough people report.

And yes, really.
    Really, no and at this stage in Legion alpha the game was pretty much done.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Sure it's matter of opinion but most players agree. One of the biggest criticisms of cataclysm was how so much of the content was unnoticed to a capped player and level 85 world was literally Stormwind or Orgimmar. Why do you think they haven't done it since?
    Couldn't speculate. They did however do the leveling scaling changes as late as 7.3.5 though, which benefits leveling players.

I 100% believe they will do it again, with Warfronts and introduction of more allied races paving the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Really, no and at this stage in Legion alpha the game was pretty much done.
    And Blizzard's several builds ahead of what we see. Legion also had a longer Alpha/Beta stage with the team coming out of the disaster that was WoD.

But anything to fuel the Negative Nancy Express I guess?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    What would it matter?

Feel free to check subscriber counts between the end of Wrath and by the time Dragon Soul came out.
    Feel free to provid the reason for each unsub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    ... did you actually do those raids and dungeons? Dragonsoul was supposed to be the big end of expansion raid and was given to us as a half-sized raid and the 2nd half of it were clearly unfinished fights as well.
    I did, other then dragon soul all of the raid were good and every patch dungeon was great.

Couldn't speculate. They did however do the leveling scaling changes as late as 7.3.5 though, which benefits leveling players.

I 100% believe they will do it again, with Warfronts and introduction of more allied races paving the way.

- - - Updated - - -

And Blizzard's several builds ahead of what we see. Legion also had a longer Alpha/Beta stage with the team coming out of the disaster that was WoD.

There is litteraly no indication of that. That is made up bullshit or a guess at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I did, other then dragon soul all of the raid were good and every patch dungeon was great.
    If I remember correctly, the big complaints came from 4-5 of the dungeons being re-hashes, and Dragon Soul not having a unique raid location (used a lot of existing locations). So that is why many folks cried back then...if I remember correctly. It's been a while.

Personally, I thought Cata was a lot of fun. I even loved the Dragon Soul raid - especially when you were on Deathwing's back trying to pry those large plates off his back as the tendons were trying to hold on. It was pretty awesome imho. Oh, and when you were in any questing zone and Deathwing would just scorch everything and kill you. Good stuff But, I'm a simple creature, and enjoy the things at a simple level.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Feel free to provid the reason for each unsub.
    lol yeah I'll get right on that as top of my to-do list today champ

It doesn't matter their reason 3 mil people still quit during Cata. They still are 3 million people gone from your game that were there before it launched.

But hey keep beating that drum that Cata wasn't an expansion where 60% of it was revamping vanilla questing zones for people who have been max level for 5 years with one good raid tier, an alright tier and then absolute dogshit to finish up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The old zones really need an update and some max-level content to make WoW feel like the WORLD of Warcraft rather than ISLAND of Warcraft.

I'm at a loss as to how anyone can look at the video of the Arathi Highlands and not demand an Old World revamp.

Only person I've seen say that is Preach from preachgaming and even he said he has no actual proof, he just thinks that...

I'm with the people who don't want old zones revamped for the little amount of people who actually see it nowadays, the team is bigger so they can bring out content for their current expansion quicker, not to go to old zones and redo them.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    I'm at a loss as to how anyone can look at the video of the Arathi Highlands and not demand an Old World revamp.
    Because all of us saw what happened the first time?

Because we're tired of Blizz throwing a fresh coat of paint on the same old shit for the 100th time?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At its core, people don't want to go back to old zones. If you revamp them 2+ expansions down the road the complaint is "I've done this zone 500 times on alts, why do I need to go back here <4-14> years later?"

If you do it right away the next expansion, you'll get called out as lazy for just reusing your current space.

You could make an argument that WoW maybe overdoes expansion scopes. FF14, which I've finally gotten around to playing again, basically adds one or two kingdoms in an expansion. WoW adds entire continents, or even entire worlds.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    They got a lot of backlash for "wasting development time" on that in Cata, so i can understand how they'd be hesitant to do it again. Many people consider the end game to be the only part of the game that matters and everything leading up to it is just a grind you get done as quickly as you possibly can.
    Ily mmoc

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    lol yeah I'll get right on that as top of my to-do list today champ

It doesn't matter their reason 3 mil people still quit during Cata. They still are 3 million people gone from your game that were there before it launched.

But hey keep beating that drum that Cata wasn't an expansion where 60% of it was revamping vanilla questing zones for people who have been max level for 5 years with one good raid tier, an alright tier and then absolute dogshit to finish up.
    So you don’t know why people left but you think you could fix it the problem despite not knowing what it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i have been thinking, improving old zones, is something they should have been doing from day 1.

every single patch should have at least 1 updated zone. show the progress of the story (and time) moving on.

as new content and expansions come out, driving stories forward.. a smaller team of devs would come behind and work zones from the past expansions and update their stories and visual changes to reflect that. they certainly have the tools today to allow players the option of "flipping the switch" back in time to see the previous version of a zone, complete with quests.. so that new players (or nostalgic ones) can redo the stories and see how the lore unfolds.
    This

/10char

Are you joking? What's WoW about then
    Pet battles and transmog obviously.

Old content should be updated. The game would only benefit from it.

Now, realistically, the issue can only be regarding available resources.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    Azeroth is gonna run out of space (hell its already happening) So for new xpacs why not improve on old zones, lets say that a huge meteor fell on elwind forest so the zone has changed and the new content is dealing with this event, 1st patch is we containt the damage and next patches is us constructing a new and better elwind (progresive zone story so we can revisit the zones with our mains?).

-But man, I don't want my old nostalgic gone from the game.
    We use phasing thec for it.
    they did that with cata, and yet people say its one of the less content heavy expansions ever, when in reality it is the biggest expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    Azeroth is gonna run out of space (hell its already happening) So for new xpacs why not improve on old zones, lets say that a huge meteor fell on elwind forest so the zone has changed and the new content is dealing with this event, 1st patch is we containt the damage and next patches is us constructing a new and better elwind (progresive zone story so we can revisit the zones with our mains?).

-But man, I don't want my old nostalgic gone from the game.
    We use phasing thec for it.
    Cata is arguably the second worst expansion though. My opinion to why this is the case has to do entirely with the old world revamp taking too much time away, leaving the max level zones a bit more anemic.

But if they go about it at a slower pace, maybe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you joking? What's WoW about then
    Depends from person to person.

Blizzard clearly doesn’t know as they keep Adding difficulty modes and new forms of content. Is the game about mythic raiding? Questing? Pet battles? Pvp? They just changed how leveling is and gave us new races to level is it about that? Not every one has the same end game so blizzard covers every base it can not making the game about any one thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why think backwards?
    More so sideways backwards is classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Cata is arguably the second worst expansion though. My opinion to why this is the case has to do entirely with the old world revamp taking too much time away, leaving the max level zones a bit more anemic.

But if they go about it at a slower pace, maybe.
    I don’t know as far as max level zones go I’d much rather have the molten front then the argent crusade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Cataclysm's remodeling and rework of the old world went SO WELL with the community...
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...