Feral Mage Tower - Any advice for a very newbie Feral Druid?

Feral Mage Tower - Any advice for a very newbie Feral Druid?

Ok i have a Feral Druid that is about 911 and with the mage tower up is there any new secrets or advice for a very novice feral druid?

I have 66 AK and 2 legendaries the free one you get from the end of Argus and the Soul of the archdruid.

So is there any advice to help cheese this encounter?

Chease no, just kill the Healy imps and swipe the rest, avoid the rocks, it’s not too hard.

It is probably the easiest one out of the DPS classes. Did it on my mine in 3 attempts at ~910.

As above poster said, just follow the mechanics and you will beat it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Feral is actually quite easy as long as you watch out for the boulders and break her shield asap to interrupt. If you are getting squashed by the boulders a lot, they don’t fall in the same lane twice in a row, so you can get into whichever one just passed to make it easier. The exploding imps don’t explode until they reach you as well, so you can kite then around her while cleaving to kill them or you can kite hem off to the sides to explode away from Agatha.

Adds need to be killed ASAP as umbral prevents Agatha from recieving damage and smoldering do more damage the longer they live. If you are interrupting the channeling adds, don’t interrupt them if Agatha is nearing full energy or you won’t be able to interrupt her channel. If you feel slow to react or just want to make moving a little easier, bear tartar is great for this foght as there are always adds to kill. Good luck.

Get 930, select Brutal Slash. GG

Out of the 5 mage towers I've done, this felt the easiest. Note that I've never played feral so my skill level with this spec is sub-average, borderline noob.

It took me about 15-20 tries at ~920 and the only thing that killed me were the rocks. Imps felt like they were going down really quick but in looking at my action bars and focusing on what abilities to use, I kept getting hit by the rocks.

Like others said: kill the imps, avoid the rocks and she will eventually die.

It seems my health is a issue and i dont know the best time to break her shield

I think this is a case of better gear and more practice

Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post

I think this is a case of better gear and more practice
    Her shield should take top priority to break (even over healing imps, they don't heal that quickly) as she will continually ramp up a pulsing AoE the longer the shield stays up. This pulse will wreck you if it's up for too long, so try to save some burst AoE for when those immunity imps spawn. Kill the imps making her immune, DPS down her shield, interrupt her cast, continue as normal.

While someone was semi-joking about getting to 930 ilvl, it will probably help a bit since the encounter doesn't scale with your ilvl. Also, you never mentioned which talents you're using, as they can make a huge difference. At the very least I'd say use Predator and Brutal Slash, as those make the largest impact since you have tons of AoE and adds dying all the time. Balance Affinity also gives you nice range to work with kiting the adds that blow up and extra AoE radius. I can't remember exactly what I used beyond these, since I did the mage tower before the Feral revamp and the talent positioning changed slightly. If I had to pick talents now, I'd personally use Predator/DB or Renewal/Balance Affinity/Any CC (they all have uses)/Incarnation/Brutal Slash/Moment of Clarity.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2018-04-20 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xhohosyu View Post
    1) Make a big flashing weak aura icon to tell you when Regrowth is instant and free. Is a basic WA but if you can't make it yourself just look for 'Predatory Swiftness' weak auras online. Use it as soon as its up, at least this was enough for me.

2) Another weak aura anouncement for when her shield is up. Try searching for "Agatha WeakAura Group" for example, but there are many other around.

Thanks for the advice guys

I plan to hit the mage tower tomorrow big time (US) cause i have tomorrow off though i gave it a few shots yesterday.

I will admit my Druid is a alt but i want that skin before its removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Get 930, select Brutal Slash. GG
    yep, no need to rush, there are still some 3 months to do it...just do LFR and overgear it, then brutal slash down all imps

Deleted
    If you can afford it get some Lightblood Elixirs.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=151608/lightblood-elixir

Quote Originally Posted by shingetsu View Post
    If you can afford it get some Lightblood Elixirs.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=151608/lightblood-elixir
    I'll reiterate this point and also the Brutal Slash point.

Lightblood elixir can be used on Agatha because it is "outdoor", unlike any other challenge. All charges of Brutal Slash can be unloaded when imp packs spawn, they die very quickly from that.

Feral Druid was the 2nd easiest of the DPS ones (I've completed all DPS ones). The only one easier was Elemental Shaman, also on Agatha, because they are built to murder the imps without even trying to and can utilize absurd burst in the windows you have between teleports. My shaman killed Agatha with only the default teleport (925 ilvl), feral druid (930) required a 2nd tele.

I've also recently experimented with how quickly I can get a character geared after leveling some Allied Races. After hitting 110, it took another 8 hours played over two Tuesday resets to get to 935 (BoA Argus drops to get to 890ish, two LFR rounds, two rounds of weeklies for Veiled Argunite, +Argus quests for Argunite, Emissaries for legendary chances). If you care about completion, I recommend just doing this and gearing the hell out of it. If you care about the challenge, keep trying at 911 because it should be doable.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2018-04-21 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Cheat, cheat, cheat!

You can use Lightblood Elixir and Blessed Bandages. If the Mage Tower is up at the same time with the Command Center, you will get the buffs during the Agatha encounter (including things like a meteor that can nearly one shot multiple imps or that circle that gives you +50% damage done and -50% damage taken).

Now on how do this properly. Use Brutal Slash, remember that bleed effects do not break entangling roots for feral so if you rip and rake and THEN apply roots on a healing imp, you can just let it bleed to death away from Agatha.
    That blessed bandage cheat helped me get this bugger down! I could not believe that would work in this scenario!

That is the sort of advice i really needed and thanks

5+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for feral but on Combat I just focused the adds and whittled the boss down with cleave. Used roll the bones to get leech healing. With druid even if you're not rooting, just target umbral imps and AoE, AoE, AoE. Focus on the adds and the boss will eventually die - she does not have an enrage timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Gratz on your spectral kitty
    and thanks again for your advice

7+ Year Old Account
    Take these 2 talents: Predator + Brutal Slash. Literally the only thing you need.

Oh, and Typhoon.

These 3 talents = cake walk.