Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Unacceptable? Why do you even think that you deserve anything in the first place?

The fact that you expect to be fed with information is laughable and childish, wait patiently like a god damn adult.

You wanted classic, you got classic. Blizzard Entertainment announced World of Warcraft on September 2, 2001. The game was released on November 23, 2004 and there was not much given out for the first while.

SO right now you are experiencing classic development and information times....as intended and wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    an explanation of why the fuck a game they own its software and did run and know how to run already, they not releasing it yet, any reason that make sense beside the bullshit reason that they 'didn't have the source code' (which the biggest bullshit i ever heard, they still have sc1 code, diablo 1, but wow the biggest franchise they had not?)
    Think about how much computers have changed in the last decade and a half. Think about how many Windows Operating Systems, Mac operating systems, ect. have came out since then. Think about how much coding standards and practices have changed, how much database operations have changed.

The idea that most of the stuff that ran just fine back then will run just fine now without any changes is pretty laughable.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    2 + 3. You're forgetting that people are playing Vanilla right now and have been for years, the optimisation is fine on modern hardware and the game runs great, when I tried Nostalgia briefly I had something like 400fps with everything maxed. Sure they can improve things and will want to improve things, but optimisation on modern hardware is a problem we already know doesn't really exist, because we can play it right now.
    What the illegal servers do and what Blizzard are doing are two completely different things. Rather than go through and redo all the stuff like Blizzard is doing, the illegal servers emulate things to get it to work. A lot quicker, requires less effort, and is mostly the only option they have since they don't have access to most of the same stuff Blizzard has to do things more properly.

Also: I could see them having enough put together for a basic demo at next Blizzcon, but who knows for sure? I would be astonished if it ends without any major Classic news tho.
    Last edited by Projectmars; 2018-04-20 at 07:05 PM.

Just go back and watch the original WoW trailer and all the old patch features videos. Read the original game synopsis and all the patch notes. There's your "updates"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    November, December, January, February, March, April...and soon May.

Yup that's how long we've been waiting for news concerning vanilla wow, and you know what? It's just not something a company usually does:

-Only a few updates here and there to reassure us concerning the progress? Sure, that's fine
    -A few hints from them here and there to tell us that we're not being forgotten? Sure, that's also fine
    -Absolutely 0 official news about something that hundreds of thousands, if not milions of people, are waiting for? That's just not fucking acceptable.

You don't announce a video game to let people in the dark for so long guys, I can already see some of you jumping at me :"They don't owe you shit" ,"it'll be ready when it's ready", "be patient", "there's no news that's it", but it's bullshit: after half a year, there's bound to be some progress.

Not to mention that they were supposed to communicate with us, to ask us what we really want when it comes to vanilla.

I'm very disappointed by the complete lack of feedback, and I know that a lot of people are in the same boat: this doesn't sound good at all so far.
    What did you expect? They said openly at Blizzcon that work hadn't even started yet. Only that they figured out a way to do it.

As far as the people 'coming at you' with Blizzard doesn't owe you shit, well, they'd be right. Blizzard doesn't owe you any explanations or updates. Maybe try being grateful that Classic is going to happen at all. Because it was literally something that they said they would never do, ever, at one point.

And why should they ask people what they 'really' want? People have screamed for vanilla servers for years, played on illegal vanilla servers for years, so Blizz is probably safe in the assumption that people want - gasp - vanilla WoW servers. The people asking for modern QoL changes like AOE looting, new talent systems, etc needs to be tuned out.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    If you're lucky they will have something to show at Blizzcon. In Blizzard fashion we all knew (or should have known) that the announcement was only the beginning and actually seeing the game would probably be a few years in the making as they convert it to their modern platform.

1. What makes you think that? It's pointless making claims you couldn't possibly have an idea about unless you were working on the concept.

2 + 3. You're forgetting that people are playing Vanilla right now and have been for years, the optimisation is fine on modern hardware and the game runs great, when I tried Nostalgia briefly I had something like 400fps with everything maxed. Sure they can improve things and will want to improve things, but optimisation on modern hardware is a problem we already know doesn't really exist, because we can play it right now.
    1. because they themselves have stated many times that they dont keep code expansions old for minor patches.
    2+3. it runs great, except for it crashes constantly, gets horrid fps randomly on some computers, it is buggy and broken, its visuals break and the system lag.

but hey if its so simple, why havent private servers gotten it right? why do they all play differently, why do they all have large bugs all over them.
    cause i mean its obviously super simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I remember reading rumors that Classic wasn't coming in 2018. If that's true, then there is absolutely no reason for Blizzard to share anything about it? Why? Because they don't have anything aside from "We're working on it.".

If the intent is to put Classic out sometime in 2018, then you'd be right to find it odd that nothing has been said.
    it would be a stupid idea to release it in 2018 from a financial and a market standpoint, you just released BfA, lets drop another wow title, so we can sell less of BfA, its probably gonna get released (like the majority of the community is speculating) in november 2019 just after blizzcon and 15th anniversary of vanilla and around that time BfA's last raid tier should be released and the expansion drought will begin (if they plan 3 tier 2 year expansion cycle with BfA aswell)

Be happy it's even happening.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Yup that's how long we've been waiting for news concerning vanilla wow, and you know what? It's just not something a company usually does:

-Only a few updates here and there to reassure us concerning the progress? Sure, that's fine
    -A few hints from them here and there to tell us that we're not being forgotten? Sure, that's also fine
    -Absolutely 0 official news about something that hundreds of thousands, if not milions of people, are waiting for? That's just not fucking acceptable.

You don't announce a video game to let people in the dark for so long guys, I can already see some of you jumping at me :"They don't owe you shit" ,"it'll be ready when it's ready", "be patient", "there's no news that's it", but it's bullshit: after half a year, there's bound to be some progress.

Not to mention that they were supposed to communicate with us, to ask us what we really want when it comes to vanilla.

I'm very disappointed by the complete lack of feedback, and I know that a lot of people are in the same boat: this doesn't sound good at all so far.
    WHO CARES?

Stop acting like a petulant child and deal with the fact that they're working on it, don't have many updates to give you regarding 'classic' WoW, and you'll get the product as close to as it was back in 2004-2006. Get another hobby to keep yourself busy in the meantime champ, posting pointless threads like this shouldn't be one of them.

Also, disappointment and complete unacceptability are highly subjective feelings. I'd rather them work on more important things than placate the Vanilla QQclub.

They quite clearly said this is going to take a while to get going. 6 months is not a long time to bring an old version up to current standards and implement the infrastructure required to run it.
    RETH

They said it was going to be a while, so, naturally you should expect it to take a while. They've filled the job openings, which is something. I wouldn't expect anything else until Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    They said they've officially hired everyone and started working on it for a while now. I suspect we'll get some news during Blizzcon, perhaps some in-game footage of it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    That retail army

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    it would be a stupid idea to release it in 2018 from a financial and a market standpoint, you just released BfA, lets drop another wow title, so we can sell less of BfA, its probably gonna get released (like the majority of the community is speculating) in november 2019 just after blizzcon and 15th anniversary of vanilla and around that time BfA's last raid tier should be released and the expansion drought will begin (if they plan 3 tier 2 year expansion cycle with BfA aswell)
    I mean, I was saying the same thing about them announcing Classic at last Blizzcon... but look what they did.

And so far I'm still not entirely convinced that it was the best of ideas (because of posts like this), but hey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I just hope they keep every single thing EXACTLY the same as it was. I want to see NOTHING touching the game from how it was back in classic to today! I hope they release everything exactly the same as it was, UNTOUCHED

6 months in the dark is completely ACCEPTABLE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, bohooohoo....

You will get what you had in 2004-2006. There is not so much leaving you in the dark. like..what can you not wait for? that they reveal it will be Classic, but with class balance, achievements, LFD and LFR?
    They've also said they'd make public polls about specific things they'd like the community to discuss. We're not there yet, but that sounds like something the OP would mean.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

You're getting vanilla at some point and it will be vanilla. What more do you need to know? When they have a date I'm sure you will get told when it is.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. because they themselves have stated many times that they dont keep code expansions old for minor patches.
    2+3. it runs great, except for it crashes constantly, gets horrid fps randomly on some computers, it is buggy and broken, its visuals break and the system lag.

but hey if its so simple, why havent private servers gotten it right? why do they all play differently, why do they all have large bugs all over them.
    cause i mean its obviously super simple.
    1. You shouldn't believe everything they say, they have proven themselves to be wrong on countless occasions. They may or may not have this data and you simply don't know, what they say in the public should not be taken at face value.

2. As someone with a lot of experience on private servers, completely disagree. Never got crashes, the TBC server I was playing supported more players with less latency than retail servers and I had flawless FPS performance at all times. The only time I had crash issues was running WOD models on a WOTLK server, which was something that had a very easy fix (relating to the EXE and memory usage).

I think you're simply making claims based on conjecture, lack of experience with the topic.

Edit : For the last point. Why haven't they got it right? This is case in point on lack of experience I speak about from your part, everything server side is developed in house and all scripting, balancing, bug fixing is done from scratch with private servers using no Blizzard code. They are a work in progress, even so the modern versions are exceptionally good, regarding both Vanilla and TBC they are highly polished full game experiences at this point with quality class balance, scripted dungeons/raids/quests.

Client side optimisation is no different to the base Blizzard product, you're literally running the Blizzard code untouched from 10+ years ago, and it still works flawless..
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-04-20 at 07:20 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

well i'm sorry to say it but the release of classic is not some groundbreaking event like some fans make it out to be

there's hardly anything to say other than a date, when? obviously sometime after BfA, classic is not a focus just a bonus for unusal tastes

Okay Here you go

World of Warcraft Classic

Features:

2 Factions: Alliance and Horde!
    8 Playable Races: The Alliance - Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf. Horde - Orc, Troll, Tauren, Forsaken
    7 Base Classes: Warrior, Mage, Warlock, Rogue, Druid, Priest, Hunter!
    2 Faction-Only Classes: Paladin for the Alliance, Shaman for The Horde
    2 Continents to Explore!
    Maximum Level 60!
    Dungeons and Raids!
    Mounts at level 40 and 60!
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.