Thread: is PVE dead?

Deleted

is PVE dead?

Hello,

I came back to the game after a long break. I've logged into my reaver and noticed that there are no parties in LFG tool for any dungeon except for COF. Is PVE dead in the game? or is it my server (underworld)? or am i doing something wrong?

Do people still run other dungeons at all? it would be fun to run few dungeons other than citadel of fire

They do but well Dungeons is not their main focus anymore. Raids are along with balancing Fractals.

Which is a shame because the 8 the game launched with were quite decent. Except Caudecus's Manor. That place was just bleh.

Deleted
    so how is a new solo player supposed to gear up nowadays? buy exotics off the black lion and go fractals farming before raiding or is there a proper preparation?

Quote Originally Posted by Canix View Post
    so how is a new solo player supposed to gear up nowadays? buy exotics off the black lion and go fractals farming before raiding or is there a proper preparation?
    Ascended gear crafting. But yeah you can buy exotics if you want.

From what I know Exotics but appropriately geared are enough for raiding.

Crafting, as it has always been. You can easily grab a full set of exotic gear off the trading post, but ascended weapons/armour can (with some exceptions) only be crafted, and are BoA. Reaching 500 with tailoring and weaponsmithing/artificing/huntsman, depending on your weapons of choice, is a must if you intend to gear up beyond exotics. I couldn't tell you what raiders expect when it comes to gear, though.

Fractals, and the Living Story zones, are a good way to get ascended trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know people actually use dungeons for gearing but they've been dead for awhile. Dungeons didn't define PVE, which is far from dead. Gear happens in all game modes, and straight up buying a set from the TP is dirt cheap. Ascended is only mandatory for high fractals. You can raid in exotics with the appropriate stats for your build, the stat increase isnt huge for power builds, a little but for condi builds, but raised are tuned for exotic gear.

You can easily get ascended weapons from particular achievements. Trinkets are easy to farm up if you have LS3 but also obtained in raids/wvw/pvp. Backpieces kind of the same way. Raids drop ascended (not reliably but it will fill in gaps for other characters), same goes from fractals. Raids also drop a currency you gain just from attempting bosses that will allow you to buy ascended gear.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Hell, weren't the dungeon sets stat-locked anyway? I remember when I got some of the temple gear because stuff was so expensive and I was gearing alts.

From selling exotics, the price on most is in the shitter right now, so spend a couple gold for some exotics until you get crafting up to where you need it.

Gearing is probably not as important as finding a guild to get you into stuff.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    dungeoneering was never the way to gear up on exotics, if you were hard on meta farming then you HAD TO HAVE berserker gear to do CoFP1-P2 speedruns.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    I begun playing gw2 after not touching it since 2013 because i heard there was ''proper pve'' in the game now. barely any dungeon queues and the system force you to do them from 1-xxx which makes it even harder getting a group.. quit when i realized that pve is pretty meh yes.. i got exotic from just sitting in WvW, which i love. you can buy gear full berserker gear from there with honor or from marketplace

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    system force you to do them from 1-xxx
    Are you talking about fractals? It doesn't force you to do them level by level, your personal level grows every time you finish fractal equal to or above your personal level.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

I dont find GW2 as a PVE game imo

Most people are in the Path of Fire zones doing bounties and stuff.

Deleted
    7am this morning, 40+ people doing events on the map i was on -

You really have your choice tbh. Events are a nice and easy way to get some gear, you can also farm karma via these events and pretty much everything else in game to buy exotics from various vendors. Farming CoF for zerk gear (almost always groups running), craft it, do world bosses or map meta events for HoT and PoF.

There are TONS of guides on youtube as well