View Poll Results: Are you motivated to fight your opponent

Voters
998. You may not vote on this poll
  • Play Horde and want to crush Alliance

    247 24.75%
  • Play Alliance and want to crush Horde

    212 21.24%
  • Play Horde and have no motivation

    366 36.67%
  • Play Alliance and have no motivation

    173 17.33%
Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ...
34
42
43
44
45
46
54
... LastLast
  1. #861
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Again, let it rest while Night Elves are around. Few races have bathed into catastrophically endangering stupidity as hard as they did.
    Yeah well, it's easier when your average lifespan is longer than 20 and the primary cause of death isn't tribal warfare. Of course I suppose even when a troll does manage to live that long their chances of murdering their own gods out of some insatiable bloodlust and suicidal insanity drastically increases. How are all them empires doing?

  2. #862
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

  3. #863
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Yeah well, it's easier when your average lifespan is longer than 20 and the primary cause of death isn't tribal warfare. Of course I suppose even when a troll does manage to live that long their chances of murdering their own gods out of some insatiable bloodlust and suicidal insanity drastically increases. How are all them empires doing?
    Murder their own gods? You mean that one time in Zul’Drak and then in future in BFA? Yeah...
    And Zandalari Empire is the oldest Empire still alive. Fun fact, Zuldazar would stand even after night elves have yet another of their capital destroyed. At least this time they didn’t do it themselves!

  4. #864
    Titan Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Posts
    13,542
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    How are all them empires doing?
    As good as the elven one, it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

  5. #865
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Murder their own gods? You mean that one time in Zul’Drak and then in future in BFA? Yeah...
    And Zandalari Empire is the oldest Empire still alive. Fun fact, Zuldazar would stand even after night elves have yet another of their capital destroyed. At least this time they didn’t do it themselves!
    Zul'drak, Zul'aman and Zul'gurub twice. It's kind of the go-to plot for every troll raid.

  6. #866
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Zul'drak, Zul'aman and Zul'gurub twice. It's kind of the go-to plot for every troll raid.
    In Zul’aman or in Zul’Gurub there were no Loa killing. Read the quests, Amani Gods supported their people’s crusade against blood elves. In fact you can see the same Gods later giving Zandalari advice in Zul’Drak.
    In Zul’Gurub raid Hakkar took control of high priests of several Loa and drew power from these beings. In dungeon, priests were just that - priests of their Gods.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    The dancing idiots that thought that attacking the night elves while entirely split away from the rest of the Horde forces in their deathtrap of a home canyon? You should be thanking the night elves for that. The troll race's average IQ rose by about 4 points that day.
    Yeah, Shatterspear tribe didn’t know about Garrosh’s contempt towards trolls. Thankfully remnants of that tribe would have their barbecue soon enough.

  7. #867
    Scarab Lord A Chozo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    4,401
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    Sounds like a boring ass game you want to play.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It's world of warcraft not world of peacecraft.
    Yeah bro, Classic, tBC, WotLK Cata, WoD and Legion were so peaceful. In all those expansions, we didn't engage in wars against the most varied factions like the Blackrock Mountain forces, Old God forces, Illidari, The Scourge, the Twilight's Hammer, the Iron Horde and the Burning Legion. It was all peace.

    No one is asking for zero conflicts in World of Warcraft - read the thread carefully next time. We are asking Blizzard to actually give reason to our current conflict, because right now there is no good reason to fight against the oposite faction. Azerite is an asspull to create war.

  8. #868
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    That is the problem, the alliance Needs to be the one who fights back and ACtually starts winning ANY battle, so far Despite lroewise alliance have 5-1 the numbers of horde races, atleast Equel(if not more mages) More tech(gnomes and dreanie vs goblin) They somehow always get their teeth kick in.
    BFA would ahve been a place the alliance could start he war, which would give the horde a reason to Not be the bad guy for ones., But the alliance wont do that as, they are clearly the More inteligent and "good" guys of the story.

    The hordes have NO reason to start the war, Sylvanas does, but orcs,turaen, trolls, blood elves, pandaren have NO reason for it.
    sylvanas doesnt even have a reason, at least not in the way she does it. i said it before, but the story would make PERFECT sense if the alliance launched the attack on lordaeron without any provocation, there are a number of compelling reasons to do this! I remember not long ago the alliance players on this forum insisting that the alliance should retake lordaeron, its something the alliance actually wants, and they have a backlog of reasons to instigate a war. Horde need to be on the defensive for a change, the only thing i want changed is the burning of teldrassil to be the hordes reaction to the battle for lordaeron. that would fix literally every issue i have with this story so far.

  9. #869
    #3. Play Horde and have no motivation for me, my care for the faction wars went with the identity of each server (cross realm).

  10. #870
    You will fight to protect Sylvanas because she is the key to defeating the Void. if Sylvanas falls, the Void will win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  11. #871
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You will fight to protect Sylvanas because she is the key to defeating the Void. if Sylvanas falls, the Void will win.
    Sylvanas is the key to all of this, if we get Sylvanas working. Cause she's a funnier character than we ever had in the games.

  12. #872
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Sylvanas is the key to all of this, if we get Sylvanas working. Cause she's a funnier character than we ever had in the games.
    If Sylvanas survives and is still Warchief at the end of BFA, I will never stop laughing at the usual suspects here. It's not going to happen, but still.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

  13. #873
    If they'd hire some qualified writers. (Golden is not a qualified writer)

    The two factions would probably have reason to hate each other. As it is there is literally no reason for the alliance to hate the horde, nor the horde the alliance. That pathetic broken shore cinematic was not a driving force for anything.

  14. #874
    Superfast fanfic

    Genn hates Sylvanas and the Forsaken. Genn convinces Calia that she is the rightful ruler of Lordaeron. Genn convinces most of the leaders and the population that Lordaeron belongs to the Alliance and that Sylvanas is a threat. Anduin, Velen, Malfurion and the other carebears are unable to calm the uprising and has no other option than to attack the Forsaken.

    Sylvanas retaliates by attacking Tendrassil and now it doesn't completely stupid to burn down the tree.


    Really, after cooperating in Mists, WoD and Legion I just don't see any reason to start a new war when both factions should be on their knees from the Burning Legion. The worst part is that I'm worried that everything will be blamed on "mind controlling old gods and mind altering Azerite".

  15. #875
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Superfast fanfic

    Genn hates Sylvanas and the Forsaken. Genn convinces Calia that she is the rightful ruler of Lordaeron. Genn convinces most of the leaders and the population that Lordaeron belongs to the Alliance and that Sylvanas is a threat. Anduin, Velen, Malfurion and the other carebears are unable to calm the uprising and has no other option than to attack the Forsaken.

    Sylvanas retaliates by attacking Tendrassil and now it doesn't completely stupid to burn down the tree.


    Really, after cooperating in Mists, WoD and Legion I just don't see any reason to start a new war when both factions should be on their knees from the Burning Legion. The worst part is that I'm worried that everything will be blamed on "mind controlling old gods and mind altering Azerite".
    You do not even have to go this far, really. You are putting the objective blame on Genn. Many Alliance-Players would be cool with this as his reasons to hate Sylvanas are justified, but it is still unecessary. After BtS we know there is a major cross-faction-healer-meeting in Silithus. Azerite is a volatile substance. Just let it explode for no reason at all and OF COURSE everybody would blame Sylvanas and the Alliance would attack.

    Really, there would have been so many ways to start this war in a way that does not totally put the blame on one person only...it is obvious that Blizzard went the route they went because they WANTED to put the blame on Sylvanas. There is no other way this makes any sense as the story was just naturally throwing other possible narratives at your face.

    Anyway: 100% agree with your conclusion.

    ---

    As for the Shatterspear (Trolls in Darkshore)...you realize they used Horde weapons to capture Night Elves, put them in cages and torture them to death long before they were a target of "Night Elven aggression", right? Are you a fan of that? You are a fan of putting people into cages and torturing them to death out of racial motives? That's good to know. There are a multitude of organizations around the world you may consider joining, then.
    Honestly: Argueing the Shatterspear were in any way, shape or form the "victims" in this is so disgusting it does not really deserve a comment....and it probably would have been better if i had not given any.

    Also, i keep seeing that argument "The Alliance attacked our peaceful miners first!" - that's just false. The Alliance sent SPIES into the camps. These spies did not hurt anybody...neither in-game by watching them, nor by anything the quest-text indicates. The Alliance PC is send to kill miners, yes, but at the same time the Horde PC is send to kill those "peaceful" spies. Silithus is a neutral zone...why does the Horde have the right to kill Alliance spies there, but Alliance does not have the right to kill miners that are actually HURTING Azeroth? Well, that depends:
    - If you have your head up your arse you will say "Because...............FOR THE HORDE!"
    - If you actually look objectively at the situation you will say "Well, actually none of this really makes any sense for me as a PC, no matter what color my tabard has...."
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-07-14 at 12:20 AM.

  16. #876
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    You do not even have to go this far, really. You are putting the objective blame on Genn. Many Alliance-Players would be cool with this as his reasons to hate Sylvanas are justified, but it is still unecessary. After BtS we know there is a major cross-faction-healer-meeting in Silithus. Azerite is a volatile substance. Just let it explode for no reason at all and OF COURSE everybody would blame Sylvanas and the Alliance would attack.

    Really, there would have been so many ways to start this war in a way that does not totally put the blame on one person only...it is obvious that Blizzard went the route they went because they WANTED to put the blame on Sylvanas. There is no other way this makes any sense as the story was just naturally throwing other possible narratives at your face.

    Anyway: 100% agree with your conclusion.

    ---

    As for the Shatterspear (Trolls in Darkshore)...you realize they used Horde weapons to capture Night Elves, put them in cages and torture them to death long before they were a target of "Night Elven aggression", right? Are you a fan of that? You are a fan of putting people into cages and torturing them to death out of racial motives? That's good to know. There are a multitude of organizations around the world you may consider joining, then.
    Honestly: Argueing the Shatterspear were in any way, shape or form the "victims" in this is so disgusting it does not really deserve a comment....and it probably would have been better if i had not given any.

    Also, i keep seeing that argument "The Alliance attacked our peaceful miners first!" - that's just false. The Alliance sent SPIES into the camps. These spies did not hurt anybody...neither in-game by watching them, nor by anything the quest-text indicates. The Alliance PC is send to kill miners, yes, but at the same time the Horde PC is send to kill those "peaceful" spies. Silithus is a neutral zone...why does the Horde have the right to kill Alliance spies there, but Alliance does not have the right to kill miners that are actually HURTING Azeroth? Well, that depends:
    - If you have your head up your arse you will say "Because...............FOR THE HORDE!"
    - If you actually look objectively at the situation you will say "Well, actually none of this really makes any sense for me as a PC, no matter what color my tabard has...."
    you realize spies are not tolerated right? Your post seems to be that Horde should tolerate them. No one lets an enemy collect information on them unless they are a grade A dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  17. #877
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    you realize spies are not tolerated right? Your post seems to be that Horde should tolerate them. No one lets an enemy collect information on them unless they are a grade A dumbass.
    So what you are saying is, if i get into your backyard with a mining-pick and start digging...you will not mind and have no right to engage me in ANY way, but as soon as i start standing around doing absolutely nothing you suddenly gain the right to shoot me?

    Did you even spend 1 second thinking about your sentence before hitting "send"?

    What my post "indicates" is that the Horde had absolutely NO RIGHT to start mining there in contested territory and expect the Alliance to simply not care. The Alliance has every right to care. So what does "caring" mean? They could have simply send soldiers to attack the miners...or they could have watched them. They opted for the peaceful option....and yet some Horde-Players insist that the Alliance started the aggression in Silithus.

    I repeat my question: What is more aggressive to do in contested, neutral territory
    A) Dig up the ground, actually hurting the planet, collecting an unknown substance
    B) Watching somebody else doing A)

    These are the two things the factions actually do in Silithus...and both of them react EXACTLY the same as soon as the PC arrives: "Go kill them!"

    So why do some people say that the Alliance is starting the aggression, when they were obviously doing the FAR less aggressive thing before the PC arrives? THAT is the question i want to "indicate".
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-07-14 at 12:36 AM.

  18. #878
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    So what you are saying is, if i get into your backyard with a mining-pick and start digging...you will not mind and have no right to engage me in ANY way, but as soon as i start standing around doing absolutely nothing you suddenly gain the right to shoot me?
    Well the first fuckup is your weird attempt to turn this into some weird property rant. Spies are working to gather information for your enemy, know what happens at the best of times? You capture them and interrogate them, if there is multitudes and you can't capture them all? They die.

    Did you even spend 1 second thinking about your sentence before hitting "send"?
    I don't think I'm the one here that is suffering from an extreme lack of basic understanding.

    What my post "indicates" is that the Horde had absolutely NO RIGHT to start mining there in contested territory and expect the Alliance to simply not care. The Alliance has every right to care. So what does "caring" mean? They could have simply send soldiers to attack the miners...or they could have watched them. They opted for the peaceful option....and yet some Horde-Players insist that the Alliance started the aggression in Silithus.
    The Alliance still is sending enemy forces into a Horde camp. Who says the Horde has no right to dig there? The Alliance? What gives them the right to say that? More importantly why the fuck would the Horde care what the Alliance says they can and can't do?

    If they wanted it to be peaceful, they wouldn't have sent in spies, you not understanding that spies and saboteurs is an escalation aside. They were trying to be efficient and gather information, boo hoo the Goblins didn't just let Alliance waltz through their dig.

    I repeat my question: What is more aggressive to do in contested, neutral territory
    A) Dig up the ground, actually hurting the planet, collecting an unknown substance
    B) Watching somebody else doing A)
    I'll repeat myself in a vain hope you somehow understand. Spies are still enemies, it doesn't matter if they are "Peaceful" (Crying out for Horde blood as they attack you is hilariously peaceful) They're still trespassing on an enemy faction's digsite.

    So why do some people say that the Alliance is starting the aggression, when they were obviously doing the FAR less aggressive thing before the PC arrives? THAT is the question i want to "indicate".
    Because they tried to sneak into an enemy camp, I cannot think of a possibly easier way to explain it for you to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

  19. #879
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    -
    I will try one last time...and if we still disagree, then that is just the outcome i have to live with, i guess.

    Imagine the European Union started to mine an unknown substance at the bottom of the Northsea. International Waters.
    Russia sends in U-Boats to spy on the operation.

    Does this give the EU the right to shoot the Russian U-Boats down? Because i think no, it does not.

    And IF both sides later decided to go aggressive, the EU shoots down the U-Boats while the Russians shoot down the miners - which of both parties is guilty of the escalation?

    I would say the EU is, because they started a very dubious mining operation in international waters and it was CLEAR that Russia had to react somehow....doing that by simply spying and not outright attacking was actually a very calm response. And i am SOMEWHAT certain the majority of the rest of the world would agree with me on this point.

    Edit:
    I am an EU citizen, by the way...i just chose EU+Russia as examples because USA are ALWAYS used and i just wanted o give some variety.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-07-14 at 01:07 AM.

  20. #880
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Posts
    20,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I will try one last time...and if we still disagree, then that is just the outcome i have to live with, i guess.

    Imagine the European Union started to mine an unknown substance at the bottom of the Northsea. International Waters.
    Russia sends in U-Boats to spy on the operation.

    Does this give the EU the right to shoot the Russian U-Boats down? Because i think no, it does not.

    And IF both sides later decided to go aggressive, the EU shoots down the U-Boats while the Russians shoot down the miners - which of both parties is guilty of the escalation?

    I would say the EU is, because they started a very dubious mining operation in international waters and was CLEAR that Russia had to react somehow....doing that by simply spying and not outright attacking was actually a very calm response. And i am SOMEWHAT certain the majority of the rest of the world would agree with me on this point.

    Edit:
    I am an EU citizen, by the way...i just chose EU+Russia as examples because USA are ALWAYS used and i just wanted o give some variety.
    Which is why at best I said that the Goblins would capture the spies/ saboteurs. In an arms race no way in hell do you simply let spies wander free. Best case scenario they spend a very long time in a cell.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •