View Poll Results: Are you motivated to fight your opponent

Voters
998. You may not vote on this poll
  • Play Horde and want to crush Alliance

    247 24.75%
  • Play Alliance and want to crush Horde

    212 21.24%
  • Play Horde and have no motivation

    366 36.67%
  • Play Alliance and have no motivation

    173 17.33%
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ...
41
49
50
51
52
53
... LastLast
  1. #1001
    Elemental Lord Brewmaster Kolee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Peak of Serenity
    Posts
    8,069
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    i dont think even the most pro-horde forum warriors on the planet can claim that the world wouldnt be better off with the alliance taking control of the wound. i mean lmao we literally have goblins digging at it which everyone knows is making it worse

    the problem is blizzard is trying to simplify both factions down into 1 word descriptors. alliance gets "unity" which they all hate because it means humans and friends. horde gets "savage" which is blizzardspeak for worse than the burning legion

    hopefully they will get some competent writers to dig themselves out of the bfa pit and the expansion can end with the nuremberg trials for sylvanas and all who supported her either explicitly or implicitly. now that would be some dark realism we could all enjoy
    Don't start trying to talk logic here! Didn't you read the forum rules! No logic allowed in faction conflict!

    Remember it's a game. Have a beer buff. Chill.

  2. #1002
    Titan Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Posts
    13,541
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    i dont think even the most pro-horde forum warriors on the planet can claim that the world wouldnt be better off with the alliance taking control of the wound. i mean lmao we literally have goblins digging at it which everyone knows is making it worse
    It surely wouldn't be better for the Horde. Or do you think the Alliance wouldn't mine that shit as well? I mean, they are mining that shit in BfA and building weapons as powerful as the Horde's in BfA. And honestly no, it wouldn't be better off for the world either because everytime the Alliance is depicted and forced to behave like the "Captain America" faction of the game they also end up displaying a biblical amount of incompetence.

    But I know I know, in the end it's all about Sylvanas hurting the sensibilities of some and Anduin making others feel warm from the waist down.

    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    hopefully they will get some competent writers to dig themselves out of the bfa pit and the expansion can end with the nuremberg trials for sylvanas and all who supported her either explicitly or implicitly. now that would be some dark realism we could all enjoy
    What a genius idea, we didn't literally have the same exact garbage with that mediocre War Crimes novel already.

    It's really funny how you keep judging writers and speaking of competence when most of your ideas are usually awful. As Wildberry once said, the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by NutellaCrepes View Post
    You speak about the horde as it is now: Sylvanas' personal army, instead of a unique conglomerate of misfits working together for a common goal that benefits all of it's members.
    That's funny, considered how Sylvanas at least somehow explains the logic and reasoning behind her aggressive moves. Then you had Garrosh, someone who literally did nothing but commanding people and send them to war while fodderizing every non-orc race in favor of the orc master race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

  3. #1003
    Immortal Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Warsong Gulch
    Posts
    7,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That's funny, considered how Sylvanas at least somehow explains the logic and reasoning behind her aggressive moves. Then you had Garrosh, someone who literally did nothing but commanding people and send them to war while fodderizing every non-orc race in favor of the orc master race.
    she also is using the horde or her own goals...just because she explain it didn't make less nonsense, at least they change those first explanations, now at least its not totally etarded

    but, what explanation you want Garrosh to give? we were in war, we need resources, thats pretty much all

  4. #1004
    The Lightbringer Steampunkette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    I come from the land of Ice and Snow.
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Exactly...thanks for the proof.

    Just shows she was up to some shady shit and Genn had justification to attack...maybe she shouldn't have been as sloppy and left evidence behind?
    That has literally nothing in it to support your point and, in fact, directly counters your point. You argued that she brought the fleet to back her up, rather than to back the Horde PC.

    Now you're arguing that Genn had justification to attack? You're not only wrong ("Shady Shit" is not a valid reason to kill someone) but -ANDUIN- thinks you're wrong and took Genn to task about attacking her off the bat in Before the Storm. If Genn had followed orders and followed Sylvanas rather than IMMEDIATELY ATTACKING he could have still stopped her without murdering a whole bunch of soldiers, sending his soldiers to their deaths, and attempting to assassinate a foreign head of state because she's "Shady".

    Which, by the way, was never his motive. Just an ad hoc hypothesis that you and some of the rest of the playerbase came up with after the fact. Genn's entire motivation was personal. The book that was either destroyed or taken to the Alliance (Can't be both) was -never- referenced in the Alliance Stormheim Questing experience -or- as a component of his motivation. Only his land, his king, his son, and his own personal vendetta against Sylvanas.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

  5. #1005
    "its called world of WARcraft nuuubz". this faction war really gets boring after so many years. yaaawn wow sylvanas in banshee form, yaaawn humans vs orc again. is this really suposed to be making my blood pumping with excitement for a new expac? sadly it doenst but im going along with it because all other mmo rpgs are shite and i need a hobby
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

  6. #1006
    As horde I have all motivation in the world to hate people I run mythics and pug raids.

  7. #1007
    Play Alliance and want to join Horde..

  8. #1008
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Exactly...thanks for the proof.

    Just shows she was up to some shady shit and Genn had justification to attack...maybe she shouldn't have been as sloppy and left evidence behind?
    except for Genn not having any idea about this... therefore his justification goes out the window as he lacks anything beyond his own desire for vengeance to spur him to action.

    You say sloppy for leaving evidence siting a conversation that was happening AS the parties already made their plans to engage....

  9. #1009
    The Lightbringer Steampunkette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    I come from the land of Ice and Snow.
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    except for Genn not having any idea about this... therefore his justification goes out the window as he lacks anything beyond his own desire for vengeance to spur him to action.

    You say sloppy for leaving evidence siting a conversation that was happening AS the parties already made their plans to engage....
    It's the Alliance Fanbase's major play: The Ends Justify the Means.

    Yeah, Genn didn't know what she was up to when he launched a massive attack to try and assassinate her and destroy the Forsaken Fleet during Wartime. And yeah she hadn't committed an act that justified his attempted murder of her at the time. And yeah if he'd just followed her like Anduin ordered him to then he could've used the whole Airship's crew compliment to fight her and whatever token force of Dark Rangers were going with her around Stormheim to do whatever they were doing which renders the loss of the airship and it's crew a massive waste of life...

    But hours after the fact she did something bad and he stopped her so it's okay that he did all that in the beginning!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

  10. #1010
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It's the Alliance Fanbase's major play: The Ends Justify the Means.
    a better question at this point. In aszuna, Alliance players stumble upon forsaken sailors who are NOT in a good state. Captured and poisoned... so they go in and kill them. I would buy the whole mercy killing angle, but only if that was the universal method chosen for everyone and the crews were shown in a more hopeless situation (i still don't understand how undead were poisoned given their lack of biological functions.... ) Instead they're doing the standard cursing their killers and taunting.

    So if this event happens first where instead of trying to get information from sailors in the fleet to get justification for an assault.... it's 'mercy killings' because the poor undead got poisoned and there was 'no other way'.... grand scheme>.> full disclosure... this doesn't look good for trying to play hero.

  11. #1011
    The Lightbringer Steampunkette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    I come from the land of Ice and Snow.
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    a better question at this point. In aszuna, Alliance players stumble upon forsaken sailors who are NOT in a good state. Captured and poisoned... so they go in and kill them. I would buy the whole mercy killing angle, but only if that was the universal method chosen for everyone and the crews were shown in a more hopeless situation (i still don't understand how undead were poisoned given their lack of biological functions.... ) Instead they're doing the standard cursing their killers and taunting.

    So if this event happens first where instead of trying to get information from sailors in the fleet to get justification for an assault.... it's 'mercy killings' because the poor undead got poisoned and there was 'no other way'.... grand scheme>.> full disclosure... this doesn't look good for trying to play hero.
    You could argue Mercy Killings... but. The Horde goes in and rescues those same sailors in the same questing area. So "Mercy Killing" doesn't even work, since they -can- be saved. It's just another example of the Alliance committing mass murder and everyone ignoring it.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

  12. #1012
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It's the Alliance Fanbase's major play: The Ends Justify the Means.

    Yeah, Genn didn't know what she was up to when he launched a massive attack to try and assassinate her and destroy the Forsaken Fleet during Wartime. And yeah she hadn't committed an act that justified his attempted murder of her at the time. And yeah if he'd just followed her like Anduin ordered him to then he could've used the whole Airship's crew compliment to fight her and whatever token force of Dark Rangers were going with her around Stormheim to do whatever they were doing which renders the loss of the airship and it's crew a massive waste of life...

    But hours after the fact she did something bad and he stopped her so it's okay that he did all that in the beginning!
    I find it more annyoing how writers, intentionally or not, always sweep stuff like this under the rug. Apperently neither what happened in Stormheim nor Silithus mattered as the justification for upcoming war, it's all about how horrible Sylvanas is. I admit it's a bit extreme, but it's not strange at all that she wants to blight the shit out of Stormwind after genius Genn made his priority to kill her in the middle of apocalyptic demon invasion. In the end only thing that mattered was how Genn in his madman chase also by accident managed to save Eyir, which he didn't even care about. I mean from her pov, if he's willing to chase her in the middle of Legion invasion, what would he be willing to do when pocket nukes pop up all over the world? It makes sense that she feels like wiping out Alliance is the only way for them to be safe.

    Then as cherry on top of misdirection, you have our treasure becoming High king, saying few nice words at a speech, some old lady frustrated by real world politics writing a book and it's all about how Sylvanas is beyond redemption and wants to murder poor humans for no reason. Ta-da!

  13. #1013
    The Lightbringer Steampunkette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    I come from the land of Ice and Snow.
    Posts
    3,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I find it more annyoing how writers, intentionally or not, always sweep stuff like this under the rug. Apperently neither what happened in Stormheim nor Silithus mattered as the justification for upcoming war, it's all about how horrible Sylvanas is. I admit it's a bit extreme, but it's not strange at all that she wants to blight the shit out of Stormwind after genius Genn made his priority to kill her in the middle of apocalyptic demon invasion. In the end only thing that mattered was how Genn in his madman chase also by accident managed to save Eyir, which he didn't even care about. I mean from her pov, if he's willing to chase her in the middle of Legion invasion, what would he be willing to do when pocket nukes pop up all over the world? It makes sense that she feels like wiping out Alliance is the only way for them to be safe.

    Then as cherry on top of misdirection, you have our treasure becoming High king, saying few nice words at a speech, some old lady frustrated by real world politics writing a book and it's all about how Sylvanas is beyond redemption and wants to murder poor humans for no reason. Ta-da!
    Hey, hey, heeeeey! Genn got a stern talking-to from Anduin as a one-line mention in Before the Storm, so Sylvanas -obviously- can't go to war over that.

    A Talking-to. FROM ANDUIN.

    Genn has been punished enough.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

  14. #1014
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Hey, hey, heeeeey! Genn got a stern talking-to from Anduin as a one-line mention in Before the Storm, so Sylvanas -obviously- can't go to war over that.

    A Talking-to. FROM ANDUIN.

    Genn has been punished enough.
    Yeah, and he even realized that not all Forskaen are bad too. I mean at this point he's probably polishing his aureola on daily basis.

  15. #1015
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It's the Alliance Fanbase's major play: The Ends Justify the Means.

    Yeah, Genn didn't know what she was up to when he launched a massive attack to try and assassinate her and destroy the Forsaken Fleet during Wartime. And yeah she hadn't committed an act that justified his attempted murder of her at the time. And yeah if he'd just followed her like Anduin ordered him to then he could've used the whole Airship's crew compliment to fight her and whatever token force of Dark Rangers were going with her around Stormheim to do whatever they were doing which renders the loss of the airship and it's crew a massive waste of life...

    But hours after the fact she did something bad and he stopped her so it's okay that he did all that in the beginning!
    Wrong. In Genn's eyes, she had betrayed them at the broken shore. We as outside observers know the full truth. But Genn only has his in universe point of view to go and act on. He is reckless so he acted on his instincts. He past with Slyvanus only adds fuel to the fire but it wasn't his main motivation for going after her. The perceived betrayal at broken shore was. We know this because when he speaks of his vengeance while fighting her the first thing he mentions was Varian, who had just recently died. After that he mentions his kingdom and his son. So his initial motivation for attacking in stormheim was to get revenge for Varian's death. Only towards the end does he discover she wants the Val'kyr. But he never mentions the Val'kyr when attacking even though he just witnessed her being subjugated.

    I don't see anyone stressing this. They either incorrectly assume their faction's version of the log is true(which is a fair assumption, blizzard needs to stop doing this type of shit) or they falsely state that it was for "no reason". There was a reason from the very beginning. Even you mentioned it directly in one your posts but then go on to act like Genn's attack was for "no reason" and "unjustifed".

    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

    Now you're arguing that Genn had justification to attack? You're not only wrong ("Shady Shit" is not a valid reason to kill someone) but -ANDUIN- thinks you're wrong and took Genn to task about attacking her off the bat in Before the Storm. If Genn had followed orders and followed Sylvanas rather than IMMEDIATELY ATTACKING he could have still stopped her without murdering a whole bunch of soldiers, sending his soldiers to their deaths, and attempting to assassinate a foreign head of state because she's "Shady".

    Which, by the way, was never his motive. Just an ad hoc hypothesis that you and some of the rest of the playerbase came up with after the fact. Genn's entire motivation was personal. The book that was either destroyed or taken to the Alliance (Can't be both) was -never- referenced in the Alliance Stormheim Questing experience -or- as a component of his motivation. Only his land, his king, his son, and his own personal vendetta against Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2018-07-19 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given how they can't post as much because they keep getting banned, I'd say if anyone's spazzing out, it'd be them.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    im not saying all blood elf fans are weird edgelord neo-nazis

    but all weird edgelord neo-nazis in wow are blood elf rpers

  16. #1016
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Wrong. In Genn's eyes, she had betrayed them at the broken shore. We as outside observers know the full truth. But Genn only has his in universe point of view to go and act on. He is reckless so he acted on his instincts.
    Even then, the call to retreat was sounded. Halfway into the event it was plainly obvious that intel on the attack was bad and things were NOT at all as either attacking force was made aware. The 'betrayal' at this point also coincides with the alliance party meeting almost every single demon that's set foot on Azeroth in some way before show up.

    Another thing that irks me is that.... Rogers was more than likely manning the sky ship they escaped on. She should have had a better vantage point, or people manning such positions on the vessel and would have been able have a better understanding of the legion forces' movements on the ground. Given that this vessel was positioned timely enough to pick up the majority of alliance forces AND get grabbed by the giant fel reaver Varian punched in the face.

  17. #1017
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Even then, the call to retreat was sounded. Halfway into the event it was plainly obvious that intel on the attack was bad and things were NOT at all as either attacking force was made aware. The 'betrayal' at this point also coincides with the alliance party meeting almost every single demon that's set foot on Azeroth in some way before show up.

    Another thing that irks me is that.... Rogers was more than likely manning the sky ship they escaped on. She should have had a better vantage point, or people manning such positions on the vessel and would have been able have a better understanding of the legion forces' movements on the ground. Given that this vessel was positioned timely enough to pick up the majority of alliance forces AND get grabbed by the giant fel reaver Varian punched in the face.
    All that shit is literally pointless(plus Rogers wouldn't care, she would probably just lie about it). Jaina could have teleported everyone to safety in a few seconds. Even if she didn't port everyone, she could have just ported Varian onto the boat. The scenario is pants on head retarded since we are literally with jaina during the whole thing but then the cinematic shows and she's just gone. Plus she mentions she can port everyone in the battle for lordaeron(which between jaina, vindicaar teleport pads, and void rifts the Alliance should be capable of some insane tactics, instead we get BOATS) Horde then gets the warchief Lol'jin one shot by trash mob. It was so hilarious too. He said they were coming from the flank and the felguard just stabbed him in the belly. It was bad writing, the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given how they can't post as much because they keep getting banned, I'd say if anyone's spazzing out, it'd be them.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    im not saying all blood elf fans are weird edgelord neo-nazis

    but all weird edgelord neo-nazis in wow are blood elf rpers

  18. #1018
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Plus she mentions she can port everyone in the battle for lordaeron(which between jaina, vindicaar teleport pads, and void rifts the Alliance should be capable of some insane tactics, instead we get BOATS)
    Anduin should have had a moment where he goes soemthing like:


    "You mean you CAN pull a mass port like that?"


    but honestly... I'm not sure the alliance as a whole is entirely aware of teh void elf capabilities going into lordaeron at this time.

  19. #1019
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Anduin should have had a moment where he goes soemthing like:


    "You mean you CAN pull a mass port like that?"


    but honestly... I'm not sure the alliance as a whole is entirely aware of teh void elf capabilities going into lordaeron at this time.
    Not right now, but after witnessing them port in those gnome spider-mechs that help turn the tide in the battle of Lordaeron, they would know(atleast the top brass like Genn, Jaina and Anduin) Which still leaves the rest of the war to employ those tactics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given how they can't post as much because they keep getting banned, I'd say if anyone's spazzing out, it'd be them.
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    im not saying all blood elf fans are weird edgelord neo-nazis

    but all weird edgelord neo-nazis in wow are blood elf rpers

  20. #1020
    Mechagnome Reclaimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    In your air conditioning
    Posts
    677
    Meanwhile in game, Ton of people are having fun and enjoying themselves instead of pretending to be world class story writers, In fact...am going to join them see ya lol.
    Triggered by something I said? Think I am an idiot? Should see how many PM I got of people calling me a HERO and how I have the RIGHT idea.
    #Keepclamandgetrekt #Trumpsamerica #Keepisisout

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •