213 21.19%
  • Play Horde and have no motivation

368 36.62%
  • Play Alliance and have no motivation

176 17.51%
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    i dont think even the most pro-horde forum warriors on the planet can claim that the world wouldnt be better off with the alliance taking control of the wound. i mean lmao we literally have goblins digging at it which everyone knows is making it worse

the problem is blizzard is trying to simplify both factions down into 1 word descriptors. alliance gets "unity" which they all hate because it means humans and friends. horde gets "savage" which is blizzardspeak for worse than the burning legion

hopefully they will get some competent writers to dig themselves out of the bfa pit and the expansion can end with the nuremberg trials for sylvanas and all who supported her either explicitly or implicitly. now that would be some dark realism we could all enjoy
    No. All of those ideas are bad.

You speak about the horde as it is now: Sylvanas' personal army, instead of a unique conglomerate of misfits working together for a common goal that benefits all of it's members.

Quote Originally Posted by NutellaCrepes View Post
    You speak about the horde as it is now: Sylvanas' personal army, instead of a unique conglomerate of misfits working together for a common goal that benefits all of it's members.
    They all benefit by default of being a part of it. On their own none of the races would survive with all the enemies they’ve made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    Sounds like a boring ass game you want to play.

- - - Updated - - -

It's world of warcraft not world of peacecraft.
    You're right, it is World of Warcraft. Unfortunately is also World of War-for-incredibly-one-dimensional-and-forced-reasons..craft.

If an enormous amount of people want peacecraft on either side of the faction fence then it means the reason to fight isn't compelling enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Really? You must be grasping at straws...

Where was she? Was she even giving a damn about the war? No she was making a pact with Helya so she can secure immortality by enslaving the Val'kyr...nothing says trustworthy like abandoning your allies, leaving them to fight a war for the planet just to pursue your own selfish means.

But hey...you obviously are completely delusional if you think the Alliance is gonna help her harvest Azerite for WMDs that she will use to attack the Alliance
    Can tell you only did the Alliance side of the quest. She dedicated the entire forsaken fleet and the player character to securing the aegis while she alone went off to secure the future of the undead. Then the Alliance fleet decides to disobey their king and destroy the entire forsaken fleet while losing the Skybreaker. Then they continue to focus entirely on hounding after Sylvanas with ONLY the Alliance PC and roughly 2 other NPCs going after the aegis. It was so bad and I completely lost faith in Anduin as a king for not giving Greymane an earfull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    You're right, it is World of Warcraft. Unfortunately is also World of War-for-incredibly-one-dimensional-and-forced-reasons..craft.

If an enormous amount of people want peacecraft on either side of the faction fence then it means the reason to fight isn't compelling enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Can tell you only did the Alliance side of the quest. She dedicated the entire forsaken fleet and the player character to securing the aegis while she alone went off to secure the future of the undead. Then the Alliance fleet decides to disobey their king and destroy the entire forsaken fleet while losing the Skybreaker. Then they continue to focus entirely on hounding after Sylvanas with ONLY the Alliance PC and roughly 2 other NPCs going after the aegis. It was so bad and I completely lost faith in Anduin as a king for not giving Greymane an earfull.
    Yup...keep telling yourself that...that she dedicated her fleet to the aegis and not to have a army at her beck and call for when she was prepared to enslave the Val'kyr. It was to secure the Aegis

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Yup...keep telling yourself that...that she dedicated her fleet to the aegis and not to have a army at her beck and call for when she was prepared to enslave the Val'kyr. It was to secure the Aegis
    Glad you finally understand, it only took what, two years?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

5+ Year Old Account
    The letter the Horde PC gets to bring them up to speed before getting onto the boat:

Quote Originally Posted by A Royal Summons
    Champion: As your new Warchief I share with you the burden of securing our future. To that end, my fleet is preparing to sail for the Broken Isles. When you set foot in Stormheim, you shall have the full power of the Forsaken at your back. Make the journey with us. Together, we will ensure that no one can oppose the might of the Horde!
    And then you get on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanas Windrunner
    Are you familiar with the vrykul? Towering, brutish warriors from an ancient stock. Subtlety is not a value they hold in high regard. Their legends speak of the [Aegis of Aggramar]. To claim it, one must undergo some kind of trial. One must be... worthy.

The new catapults are faster and more powerful than ever before. I have our goblin allies to thank for that.

Truthfully, Stormheim holds another treasure. One that I will be pursuing by my own means. I trust you are more than capable of handling whatever trials stand between you and the Aegis.

Nathanos has been training a new generation of rangers. They represent both our past, and our future.

I think often about our future, hero. My people cannot reproduce. Are we not destined, then, to wither away eventually? As your new Warchief, I share with you the burden of securing our future. No. The Forsaken will never stop fighting. Not while I reign. Not when there are still beings out there with the power to stop death.
    Sylvanas flat out states that she brought the Forsaken to back the PC in the hunt for the Aegis of Aggramar, and that she would be going off to secure the future of the Forsaken all by herself.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The letter the Horde PC gets to bring them up to speed before getting onto the boat:

And then you get on the boat.

Sylvanas flat out states that she brought the Forsaken to back the PC in the hunt for the Aegis of Aggramar, and that she would be going off to secure the future of the Forsaken all by herself.
    Exactly...thanks for the proof.

Just shows she was up to some shady shit and Genn had justification to attack...maybe she shouldn't have been as sloppy and left evidence behind?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.

Just shows she was up to some shady shit and Genn had justification to attack...maybe she shouldn't have been as sloppy and left evidence behind?
    There is no canon on who found the book, nor is there apparently a level of denial you won't stoop to.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

i dont think even the most pro-horde forum warriors on the planet can claim that the world wouldnt be better off with the alliance taking control of the wound. i mean lmao we literally have goblins digging at it which everyone knows is making it worse

the problem is blizzard is trying to simplify both factions down into 1 word descriptors. alliance gets "unity" which they all hate because it means humans and friends. horde gets "savage" which is blizzardspeak for worse than the burning legion

hopefully they will get some competent writers to dig themselves out of the bfa pit and the expansion can end with the nuremberg trials for sylvanas and all who supported her either explicitly or implicitly. now that would be some dark realism we could all enjoy
    Don't start trying to talk logic here! Didn't you read the forum rules! No logic allowed in faction conflict!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    It surely wouldn't be better for the Horde. Or do you think the Alliance wouldn't mine that shit as well? I mean, they are mining that shit in BfA and building weapons as powerful as the Horde's in BfA. And honestly no, it wouldn't be better off for the world either because everytime the Alliance is depicted and forced to behave like the "Captain America" faction of the game they also end up displaying a biblical amount of incompetence.

But I know I know, in the end it's all about Sylvanas hurting the sensibilities of some and Anduin making others feel warm from the waist down.

What a genius idea, we didn't literally have the same exact garbage with that mediocre War Crimes novel already.

It's really funny how you keep judging writers and speaking of competence when most of your ideas are usually awful. As Wildberry once said, the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by NutellaCrepes View Post
    That's funny, considered how Sylvanas at least somehow explains the logic and reasoning behind her aggressive moves. Then you had Garrosh, someone who literally did nothing but commanding people and send them to war while fodderizing every non-orc race in favor of the orc master race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    That's funny, considered how Sylvanas at least somehow explains the logic and reasoning behind her aggressive moves. Then you had Garrosh, someone who literally did nothing but commanding people and send them to war while fodderizing every non-orc race in favor of the orc master race.
    she also is using the horde or her own goals...just because she explain it didn't make less nonsense, at least they change those first explanations, now at least its not totally etarded

but, what explanation you want Garrosh to give? we were in war, we need resources, thats pretty much all

5+ Year Old Account

That has literally nothing in it to support your point and, in fact, directly counters your point. You argued that she brought the fleet to back her up, rather than to back the Horde PC.

Now you're arguing that Genn had justification to attack? You're not only wrong ("Shady Shit" is not a valid reason to kill someone) but -ANDUIN- thinks you're wrong and took Genn to task about attacking her off the bat in Before the Storm. If Genn had followed orders and followed Sylvanas rather than IMMEDIATELY ATTACKING he could have still stopped her without murdering a whole bunch of soldiers, sending his soldiers to their deaths, and attempting to assassinate a foreign head of state because she's "Shady".

Which, by the way, was never his motive. Just an ad hoc hypothesis that you and some of the rest of the playerbase came up with after the fact. Genn's entire motivation was personal. The book that was either destroyed or taken to the Alliance (Can't be both) was -never- referenced in the Alliance Stormheim Questing experience -or- as a component of his motivation. Only his land, his king, his son, and his own personal vendetta against Sylvanas.

"its called world of WARcraft nuuubz". this faction war really gets boring after so many years. yaaawn wow sylvanas in banshee form, yaaawn humans vs orc again. is this really suposed to be making my blood pumping with excitement for a new expac? sadly it doenst but im going along with it because all other mmo rpgs are shite and i need a hobby
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

As horde I have all motivation in the world to hate people I run mythics and pug raids.

Play Alliance and want to join Horde..

except for Genn not having any idea about this... therefore his justification goes out the window as he lacks anything beyond his own desire for vengeance to spur him to action.

You say sloppy for leaving evidence siting a conversation that was happening AS the parties already made their plans to engage....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    except for Genn not having any idea about this... therefore his justification goes out the window as he lacks anything beyond his own desire for vengeance to spur him to action.

You say sloppy for leaving evidence siting a conversation that was happening AS the parties already made their plans to engage....
    It's the Alliance Fanbase's major play: The Ends Justify the Means.

Yeah, Genn didn't know what she was up to when he launched a massive attack to try and assassinate her and destroy the Forsaken Fleet during Wartime. And yeah she hadn't committed an act that justified his attempted murder of her at the time. And yeah if he'd just followed her like Anduin ordered him to then he could've used the whole Airship's crew compliment to fight her and whatever token force of Dark Rangers were going with her around Stormheim to do whatever they were doing which renders the loss of the airship and it's crew a massive waste of life...

But hours after the fact she did something bad and he stopped her so it's okay that he did all that in the beginning!

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It's the Alliance Fanbase's major play: The Ends Justify the Means.
    a better question at this point. In aszuna, Alliance players stumble upon forsaken sailors who are NOT in a good state. Captured and poisoned... so they go in and kill them. I would buy the whole mercy killing angle, but only if that was the universal method chosen for everyone and the crews were shown in a more hopeless situation (i still don't understand how undead were poisoned given their lack of biological functions.... ) Instead they're doing the standard cursing their killers and taunting.

So if this event happens first where instead of trying to get information from sailors in the fleet to get justification for an assault.... it's 'mercy killings' because the poor undead got poisoned and there was 'no other way'.... grand scheme>.> full disclosure... this doesn't look good for trying to play hero.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    a better question at this point. In aszuna, Alliance players stumble upon forsaken sailors who are NOT in a good state. Captured and poisoned... so they go in and kill them. I would buy the whole mercy killing angle, but only if that was the universal method chosen for everyone and the crews were shown in a more hopeless situation (i still don't understand how undead were poisoned given their lack of biological functions.... ) Instead they're doing the standard cursing their killers and taunting.

So if this event happens first where instead of trying to get information from sailors in the fleet to get justification for an assault.... it's 'mercy killings' because the poor undead got poisoned and there was 'no other way'.... grand scheme>.> full disclosure... this doesn't look good for trying to play hero.
    You could argue Mercy Killings... but. The Horde goes in and rescues those same sailors in the same questing area. So "Mercy Killing" doesn't even work, since they -can- be saved. It's just another example of the Alliance committing mass murder and everyone ignoring it.