213 21.19%
  • Play Horde and have no motivation

368 36.62%
  • Play Alliance and have no motivation

176 17.51%
Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It's the Alliance Fanbase's major play: The Ends Justify the Means.

Yeah, Genn didn't know what she was up to when he launched a massive attack to try and assassinate her and destroy the Forsaken Fleet during Wartime. And yeah she hadn't committed an act that justified his attempted murder of her at the time. And yeah if he'd just followed her like Anduin ordered him to then he could've used the whole Airship's crew compliment to fight her and whatever token force of Dark Rangers were going with her around Stormheim to do whatever they were doing which renders the loss of the airship and it's crew a massive waste of life...

But hours after the fact she did something bad and he stopped her so it's okay that he did all that in the beginning!
    I find it more annyoing how writers, intentionally or not, always sweep stuff like this under the rug. Apperently neither what happened in Stormheim nor Silithus mattered as the justification for upcoming war, it's all about how horrible Sylvanas is. I admit it's a bit extreme, but it's not strange at all that she wants to blight the shit out of Stormwind after genius Genn made his priority to kill her in the middle of apocalyptic demon invasion. In the end only thing that mattered was how Genn in his madman chase also by accident managed to save Eyir, which he didn't even care about. I mean from her pov, if he's willing to chase her in the middle of Legion invasion, what would he be willing to do when pocket nukes pop up all over the world? It makes sense that she feels like wiping out Alliance is the only way for them to be safe.

Then as cherry on top of misdirection, you have our treasure becoming High king, saying few nice words at a speech, some old lady frustrated by real world politics writing a book and it's all about how Sylvanas is beyond redemption and wants to murder poor humans for no reason. Ta-da!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I find it more annyoing how writers, intentionally or not, always sweep stuff like this under the rug. Apperently neither what happened in Stormheim nor Silithus mattered as the justification for upcoming war, it's all about how horrible Sylvanas is. I admit it's a bit extreme, but it's not strange at all that she wants to blight the shit out of Stormwind after genius Genn made his priority to kill her in the middle of apocalyptic demon invasion. In the end only thing that mattered was how Genn in his madman chase also by accident managed to save Eyir, which he didn't even care about. I mean from her pov, if he's willing to chase her in the middle of Legion invasion, what would he be willing to do when pocket nukes pop up all over the world? It makes sense that she feels like wiping out Alliance is the only way for them to be safe.

Then as cherry on top of misdirection, you have our treasure becoming High king, saying few nice words at a speech, some old lady frustrated by real world politics writing a book and it's all about how Sylvanas is beyond redemption and wants to murder poor humans for no reason. Ta-da!
    Hey, hey, heeeeey! Genn got a stern talking-to from Anduin as a one-line mention in Before the Storm, so Sylvanas -obviously- can't go to war over that.

A Talking-to. FROM ANDUIN.

Genn has been punished enough.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Hey, hey, heeeeey! Genn got a stern talking-to from Anduin as a one-line mention in Before the Storm, so Sylvanas -obviously- can't go to war over that.

A Talking-to. FROM ANDUIN.

Genn has been punished enough.
    Yeah, and he even realized that not all Forskaen are bad too. I mean at this point he's probably polishing his aureola on daily basis.

It's the Alliance Fanbase's major play: The Ends Justify the Means.

Yeah, Genn didn't know what she was up to when he launched a massive attack to try and assassinate her and destroy the Forsaken Fleet during Wartime. And yeah she hadn't committed an act that justified his attempted murder of her at the time. And yeah if he'd just followed her like Anduin ordered him to then he could've used the whole Airship's crew compliment to fight her and whatever token force of Dark Rangers were going with her around Stormheim to do whatever they were doing which renders the loss of the airship and it's crew a massive waste of life...

But hours after the fact she did something bad and he stopped her so it's okay that he did all that in the beginning!
    Wrong. In Genn's eyes, she had betrayed them at the broken shore. We as outside observers know the full truth. But Genn only has his in universe point of view to go and act on. He is reckless so he acted on his instincts. He past with Slyvanus only adds fuel to the fire but it wasn't his main motivation for going after her. The perceived betrayal at broken shore was. We know this because when he speaks of his vengeance while fighting her the first thing he mentions was Varian, who had just recently died. After that he mentions his kingdom and his son. So his initial motivation for attacking in stormheim was to get revenge for Varian's death. Only towards the end does he discover she wants the Val'kyr. But he never mentions the Val'kyr when attacking even though he just witnessed her being subjugated.

I don't see anyone stressing this. They either incorrectly assume their faction's version of the log is true(which is a fair assumption, blizzard needs to stop doing this type of shit) or they falsely state that it was for "no reason". There was a reason from the very beginning. Even you mentioned it directly in one your posts but then go on to act like Genn's attack was for "no reason" and "unjustifed".

Now you're arguing that Genn had justification to attack? You're not only wrong ("Shady Shit" is not a valid reason to kill someone) but -ANDUIN- thinks you're wrong and took Genn to task about attacking her off the bat in Before the Storm. If Genn had followed orders and followed Sylvanas rather than IMMEDIATELY ATTACKING he could have still stopped her without murdering a whole bunch of soldiers, sending his soldiers to their deaths, and attempting to assassinate a foreign head of state because she's "Shady".

Which, by the way, was never his motive. Just an ad hoc hypothesis that you and some of the rest of the playerbase came up with after the fact. Genn's entire motivation was personal. The book that was either destroyed or taken to the Alliance (Can't be both) was -never- referenced in the Alliance Stormheim Questing experience -or- as a component of his motivation. Only his land, his king, his son, and his own personal vendetta against Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2018-07-19 at 12:53 PM.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Wrong. In Genn's eyes, she had betrayed them at the broken shore. We as outside observers know the full truth. But Genn only has his in universe point of view to go and act on. He is reckless so he acted on his instincts.
    Even then, the call to retreat was sounded. Halfway into the event it was plainly obvious that intel on the attack was bad and things were NOT at all as either attacking force was made aware. The 'betrayal' at this point also coincides with the alliance party meeting almost every single demon that's set foot on Azeroth in some way before show up.

Another thing that irks me is that.... Rogers was more than likely manning the sky ship they escaped on. She should have had a better vantage point, or people manning such positions on the vessel and would have been able have a better understanding of the legion forces' movements on the ground. Given that this vessel was positioned timely enough to pick up the majority of alliance forces AND get grabbed by the giant fel reaver Varian punched in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Even then, the call to retreat was sounded. Halfway into the event it was plainly obvious that intel on the attack was bad and things were NOT at all as either attacking force was made aware. The 'betrayal' at this point also coincides with the alliance party meeting almost every single demon that's set foot on Azeroth in some way before show up.

Another thing that irks me is that.... Rogers was more than likely manning the sky ship they escaped on. She should have had a better vantage point, or people manning such positions on the vessel and would have been able have a better understanding of the legion forces' movements on the ground. Given that this vessel was positioned timely enough to pick up the majority of alliance forces AND get grabbed by the giant fel reaver Varian punched in the face.
    All that shit is literally pointless(plus Rogers wouldn't care, she would probably just lie about it). Jaina could have teleported everyone to safety in a few seconds. Even if she didn't port everyone, she could have just ported Varian onto the boat. The scenario is pants on head retarded since we are literally with jaina during the whole thing but then the cinematic shows and she's just gone. Plus she mentions she can port everyone in the battle for lordaeron(which between jaina, vindicaar teleport pads, and void rifts the Alliance should be capable of some insane tactics, instead we get BOATS) Horde then gets the warchief Lol'jin one shot by trash mob. It was so hilarious too. He said they were coming from the flank and the felguard just stabbed him in the belly. It was bad writing, the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    Plus she mentions she can port everyone in the battle for lordaeron(which between jaina, vindicaar teleport pads, and void rifts the Alliance should be capable of some insane tactics, instead we get BOATS)
    Anduin should have had a moment where he goes soemthing like:

"You mean you CAN pull a mass port like that?"

but honestly... I'm not sure the alliance as a whole is entirely aware of teh void elf capabilities going into lordaeron at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Anduin should have had a moment where he goes soemthing like:

"You mean you CAN pull a mass port like that?"

but honestly... I'm not sure the alliance as a whole is entirely aware of teh void elf capabilities going into lordaeron at this time.
    Not right now, but after witnessing them port in those gnome spider-mechs that help turn the tide in the battle of Lordaeron, they would know(atleast the top brass like Genn, Jaina and Anduin) Which still leaves the rest of the war to employ those tactics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile in game, Ton of people are having fun and enjoying themselves instead of pretending to be world class story writers, In fact...am going to join them see ya lol.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    The more I read of the typical backpeddling, strawmanning, whining, excuses, fact-twisting, and hopeless "justifications" from Alliance apologists flooding this thread to so desperately keep themselves clean of any wrongdoing, the more motivation I have to hate on their faction in-game - so, thanks for that! /brofist

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    she also is using the horde or her own goals...just because she explain it didn't make less nonsense, at least they change those first explanations, now at least its not totally etarded
    Everyone has his own agenda. Problem is, Garrosh's agenda pretty quickly clashed with almost everyone else's and categorically refused to stop when asked to first, tried to assassinate those who disagreed with him later and pretty much declared war against the entire world at the very end.

but, what explanation you want Garrosh to give? we were in war, we need resources, thats pretty much all
    Garrosh kept escalating the war and his motivation became more and more nonsensical, to the point that eventually he stopped to even bother explaining and simply ordered people around, all the while applying blatant double standards between those who licked his boots clean and those who didn't, not to mention the execution of deliberate racist politics and shaping an Horde made of orc overlords and non-orc subjects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

5+ Year Old Account
    "In Genn's Eyes"... well shit! So all we have to do to justify literally ANY evil act is show that the person performing it feels Justified?

Sylvanas is a fucking HERO by that metric. And even the idea of wiping out Stormwind is justified because they slaughtered her emissaries to begin with, showing that they -never- wanted peace with the Forsaken to -start- with, and Anduin maintaining that in his letters to Sylvanas in Before the Storm that he doesn't want peace -now-.

So there can never be peace with the Alliance, and the only way to secure peace is to kill them all. Justifiiiiiied!

/s

Fucking hell. These Alliance Fans take Motivation and call it Justification.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

I could care less about Alliance, to be completely honest. Both sides have done atrocities, though many times the "reasons" for those said atrocities were... iffy. And in the end of things, it's been shown the Alliance won't just willy nilly destroy the Horde due to the actions of it's leader. The proof of this coming from the Alliance aiding the Horde rebellion in secret against Garrosh. I'd LIKE to think the same would happen again if things go bad with Sylvanas.

What I'm more worried about personally though, is the state of the trolls. With the loss of Vol'jin, Rohkan is the "unofficial" leader of the Darkspear right now but nothing has been truly confirmed. The trolls have no idea what to do now, and I haven't heard of seen anything big from them. With part of the expansion including Zandalari land (as well as the allied race) I'm hoping to get some answers to my questions. A troll was my very first character, and I'll be making multiple Zandalari trolls come their final release in the game... so they are definitely the most interesting to me.

Gnomes mere existence is all the motivation one needs to hate the alliance.

No option for players that play both factions?
    IronVan the Van of Steel

Let's all remember that the alliance lead the horde into a trap in broken shore. By trusting a Nathrezim.
    The call for retreat from Sylvanas saved everyone that day and stoped an inevitable doom for Azeroth. To thank her, the alliance decided to bombard her fleet in Stormhein and make an assassination attempt on her, the new warchief "Just because they had an opportunity". Wich would have doomed the horde, and Azeroth.

We have every reasons to hate the alliance. Actually, anyone who cared a little bit for Azeroth during Legion should hate the alliance.

Deleted
    "In Genn's Eyes"... well shit! So all we have to do to justify literally ANY evil act is show that the person performing it feels Justified?

Sylvanas is a fucking HERO by that metric. And even the idea of wiping out Stormwind is justified because they slaughtered her emissaries to begin with, showing that they -never- wanted peace with the Forsaken to -start- with, and Anduin maintaining that in his letters to Sylvanas in Before the Storm that he doesn't want peace -now-.

So there can never be peace with the Alliance, and the only way to secure peace is to kill them all. Justifiiiiiied!

/s

Fucking hell. These Alliance Fans take Motivation and call it Justification.
    A whole list of inconvenient truths that any blinkered Alliance loyalist will deliberately gloss over or all-out ignore "because blight / Wrathgate / Genn's son / raising undead" Thank you sir, for pointing them out once again, they must always be reminded that they are no better or worse than the Horde, however much they desperately try to deny it

10+ Year Old Account
    My motivation to keep playing horde is because I like my characters.

I no longer care about the shit storytelling the current awful writers vomit out
    #boycottchina

The funniest part of this thread is all the Hordies raving about Alliance unable to see The Truth, denying their bad deeds, and general pot calling kettle black. Add in the most dedicated ones being completely unable to separate in-game perspective from real world and you've got a case study in lacking self-awareness.

With the state of the story since Wrath, the only sane thing to do is not to pay too much attention to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Interesting comments in the Q and A today, indicating that the Horde's actions will be called into question, and even a suggestion that we may see some variety within the Alliance. Interesting if true.