Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Zandalar and Kultiras world map

quickly decided to compose a world map from zandalar made from the illustrated zone maps. since hey no alpha/beta

maybe others wanted to see it too

UPDATE: also did Kultiras.

cheerioh
    Last edited by mmoc2d5ae3262f; 2018-04-22 at 12:37 PM. Reason: added content

So, uhhh, where is the capital?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    its dazar'alor

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    the maps seem very small tbh

I realise it's only one of two continents, but the "features" on the maps, dungeons, temples, etc, seem really close together

not a lot of wiggle room

Quote Originally Posted by Krixooks View Post
    Well, luckily it doesn't quite matter what it looks like, but what it feels like.

It feels like a very large zone. Nazmir alone feels Val'sharah and azuna combined in size.

I realise it's only one of two continents, but the "features" on the maps, dungeons, temples, etc, seem really close together

not a lot of wiggle room
    The zones are way larger than they appear, I've played through them and the scale is such that the zones are each a tiny bit larger than Legion zones but with WAY less unplayable area/terrain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

not a lot of wiggle room
    But is that bad? It makes the map nice and busy, with not so much empty space like for example... Kun Lai or Tanaris.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    But is that bad? It makes the map nice and busy, with not so much empty space like for example... Kun Lai or Tanaris.
    It's not bad, but it makes the zone feel like less of a zone and more of a theme-park. :/ Something like the Storm Peaks or Howling Fjord feel like zones because something isn't happening every 20 footsteps or so.

Empty spaces make it feel more believable That said, the Alliance zones are supposedly like this! So great news.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Dazar'Alor

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Two very good zones....

There's also the abrupt change from jungle to desert instead of a more gradual shift in terrain and weather type. Zuldazar is lush jungle beneath a huge canopy, Nazmir is a jungle swamp partially underneath the same canopy, and then Vol'dun is open-sky arid desert suffused with dark granite-type rock. This is of course common in WoW, but something that has always bugged me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    There's also the abrupt change from jungle to desert instead of a more gradual shift in terrain and weather type. Zuldazar is lush jungle beneath a huge canopy, Nazmir is a jungle swamp partially underneath the same canopy, and then Vol'dun is open-sky arid desert suffused with dark granite-type rock. This is of course common in WoW, but something that has always bugged me.
    There is actually an explanation for that, the Sethrak lightning magic was used to turn Vol'dun into a desert

Got a Kul Tiras one?

15+ Year Old Account

not a lot of wiggle room
    thats typically how they are built, kind of unfortunate that they cant really do a "proper" size map as it would simply be way too big.

this is good thanks for posting an image.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    There is actually an explanation for that, the Sethrak lightning magic was used to turn Vol'dun into a desert
    Ah, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Well, luckily it doesn't quite matter what it looks like, but what it feels like.
    That's what I always say too

Looks very busy. Personally I like a bit of 'nothingness' in my zones that is there solely for ambience/immersion. I understand zones have to be compact to make it less frustrating to traverse them but in my opinion it's gone too far and feels like you're just going from one scene to the next with no travel in between.

So many people here with "But it looks like" and "Yeah but it seems like"

Looks too packed? Clearly have not played in Nazmir. Very large, open zone. Lots of nothingness space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    theres a giant temple/giant town in the middle of both of em, go figure
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..