Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They just shuffle some talents and add a gcd on everything. The real new feature is the island expedition thing and new cosmetic stuff like the new races.

That's BfA.

Hope you didn't pre-order.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    They just shuffle some talents and add a gcd on everything. The real new feature is the island expedition thing and new cosmetic stuff like the new races.

That's BfA.

Not only that, but people on this forum make 4 months sound like 8 months so like..

7+ Year Old Account
    BfA may be the first time i don't buy a wow expansion. Going to wait until late beta before i make up my mind but it's not looking good.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I think it doesn't look so bad, love the Allied races stuff...so I guess that makes my opinion right and yours wrong...since one persons opinion means everything.

HMM, Love to say it looks good!! I have been in the beta now for some time, very excited, but IK some ppl just dislike change and new things.

I haven't seen anything that is blowing my hair back. The allied races mean very little to me, and that seems to be the major selling point. I get that they are going to try and push PVP in this expansion, but I doubt people ever really jump back into PVP if they don't have to. The GCD changed may also make PVP more difficult overall, and water down the dynamic nature of play in WoW.

I was pleasantly surprised in Legion, but only by a little bit. I thought it was going to be a decent expansion, and it was. I was horribly disappointed in WoD, and this one is feeling more like that. My expectations for BfA won't be nearly as high as they were for WoD, but so far, the devs aren't even really promising that much for the next expansion. What they are showing... doesn't really feel great to me.

I have no doubt that the raids will probably be solid, as has long been the case (except the first tier). I am concerned about what to do with the rest of my time. If it's just another AP grind, then I will take 6 months off, and be caught up within 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    A lot of DPS cool downs have been put on the GCD.
    Edit: Virtually every cooldown is now on the GCD. This includes defensives and movement abilities as well.

The only thing confirmed off the GCD is interrupt abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I haven't seen anything that is blowing my hair back.
    That's because the only "new" things besides Allied Races is Island Expeditions (remember MoP Scenarios? It's that but against another team) and Warfronts (boring grindy garbage that doesn't mean anything). Azerite is just Artifact Power + NLC.

Oh and don't forget the wonderful GCD change that will slow down combat.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Edit: Virtually every cooldown is now on the GCD. This includes defensives and movement abilities as well.

The only thing confirmed off the GCD is interrupt abilities.

That's because the only "new" things besides Allied Races is Island Expeditions (remember MoP Scenarios? It's that but against another team) and Warfronts (boring grindy garbage that doesn't mean anything). Azerite is just Artifact Power + NLC.

Oh and don't forget the wonderful GCD change that will slow down combat.
    Honestly, I think their intentions are good, but I just don't see them offering a lot this expansion. It feels like they are going to try and scramble for more "content" halfway through the expansion (SELFLIE crap). Mythic + dungeons offered continued challenge, and I think they were pretty successful in their implementation. When it comes to the Island Expeditions, that is looking to be very mindless after the first week or two. Add in the PVP aspect, and it could end up being very terrible.

Warfronts could be interesting, but that will rely heavily on the execution of them. If they make it feel like an actual RTS, then I may enjoy them. Of course, most people will stop playing them if the rewards are weak. And no, armor sets don't really blow my hair back.

The GCD changes are worrisome to me, as it feels like it's changing gameplay, and bringing it back to older games from 2006-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

That's BfA.

funny thing is, people were complainging about not being able to throw money at blizzard fast enough when they opened up preorders. im pretty sure they are all set.

7+ Year Old Account
    Directed to OP: It's still in Alpha shouldn't be so quick on the draw to judge how it is before things are finalized just be glads you will get to enjoy it I'm having a corneal eye transplant done on may 1st I might not even get a chance to experience the game for a while so yeah have fun all.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Enough for you to comment
    He has a point.

Deleted
    I don't like the dynamic levelling. Every mob is my level. It's boring, and it means you don't travel around as much. I went from 110 to 120 in two zones. 2 out of 6.
    Endgame doesn't exist yet, some dungeons are very impressive (the Manor is the best dungeon I've seen in a long time, maybe ever) but its not perfect. The final 2-3 bosses are too close. Not enough trash. Hopefully they change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    As much as people can have their own opinions if your main excitement for the expansion comes from aesthetics, that kinda shows some red flags for me. Thinking them adding more races to the game is adding actual content...blows my mind.
    Sorry that I play MMOs for more than just killing thousands of npcs on a daily basis?

That I like to create characters and RP? That I don't find a meat grinder simulator the best part of a game?

And since my comment flew right over your head, that one persons opinion isn't the definitive opinion of everyone everywhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the systems are alright, like Islands. But overall, it looks meh, and the story looks borderline garbage if not with a hint of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Didn't know BFA was already out!
    It is called the PTR. You should try it.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    A lot of DPS cool downs have been put on the GCD.
    No pretty much every spell is on the GCD, including defensive spells. Its shit

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No pretty much every spell is on the GCD, including defensive spells. Its shit
    You'd thing they'd change this considering the amount of overwhelmingly negative feedback.
    Blizzard plays the game, not the consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Not that up da date anymore, so an honest question:
    What GCD change? :O

PS: more class pruning is not necessarily bad. IMHO fewer meaningful abilities > lots of fluff to press that mostly does nothing interesting.
    But they pruned all the interesting spells and utility, so in this case pruning is bad.

Everyone's dodging the real question to ask here...

OP did you really, I mean really, hate to say this?

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    You'd thing they'd change this considering the amount of overwhelmingly negative feedback.
    Blizzard plays the game, not the consumer.
    They want to slow gameplay down so people can see when they pop recklessness.

Its madness. They continue to make the game worse and not even bothering to add interesting new things.