Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Working addons on Battle for Azeroth BETA / 8.0 PTR

    Thread dedicated to addons for the Battle for Azeroth Beta.
    Use it to discuss anything related on this subject (updates, questions, bugs, API, etc).


    Resources:

    API Change Log:
    - https://github.com/Ellypse/wow-ui-so...s-observations

    Blizzard AddOns Source Code:
    - https://github.com/Ellypse/wow-ui-source/tree/beta

    Blizzard AddOns "Change Log":
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...addon-changes/


    Addons Up to Date to Alpha / Beta of BfA:
    Several changes has been made to the interface API in the game client, most addons will need an update to get it to work, so be patient.

    - Elv UI: link.
    note: download is on the right side of the 'Find file' button, get the two ElvUI folders inside the root folder of the zip file.

    - DBM: link.
    note: hit 'DBM Core Alpha'.

    - Weakauras 2: link.
    note: work in progress.

    - Details! Damage Meter: link.
    note: youtubers, the Streamer plugin (show spells you're casting) is working and included on the package.

    - Bartender: link.
    note: get the newest alpha.

    - VuhDo: link.
    note: work in progress.

    - Plater Nameplates: link.
    note: basic nameplate addon for non ElvUI users.

    - GTFO: link.

    - Azeroth Auto Pilot [new]: link.
    note: A.K.A. ConsLegion 2.0 (same author), helps with leveling, works well on the Horde, ally side is work in progress.

    - World Quest Tracker [new]: link.
    note: work in progress, the basic stuff should be working.
    Last edited by Tercio; 2018-05-24 at 12:42 AM.

  2. #2
    can someone whose more fluent in addon speak clarify which addons (if any) are affected or may be broken by the changes?
    and if so, will they be repairable or adaptable? or will said addons be broken like Star Augur's Grand conjuction addon

  3. #3
    Primarily affected are all addons that deal with spells or auras, or the map/coordinates/player position. There is a lot of other smaller changes that may break things though.

    All addons should be fixable. Map-related things are not yet done in the Beta, so those will be a bit longer until Blizzard has sorted that out and Addon Authors can use that.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    can someone whose more fluent in addon speak clarify which addons (if any) are affected or may be broken by the changes?
    and if so, will they be repairable or adaptable? or will said addons be broken like Star Augur's Grand conjuction addon
    Probably all big addons (in terms of code size) got hit by one way or another.
    For broken functionalities, we'll see after authors attempt to update theirs addons, but might not have anything removed.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Probably all big addons (in terms of code size) got hit by one way or another.
    For broken functionalities, we'll see after authors attempt to update theirs addons, but might not have anything removed.
    thanks ^^
    i was moreso worried about potential broken functionalities, so yeah.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    thanks ^^
    i was moreso worried about potential broken functionalities, so yeah.
    The two biggest changes are the map and combat info, so things like Carbonite and MSBT are going to fail. There are already combat addons listed in this thread that are working or on their way to a working status.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    WoW soundnames (4.5 MB)
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

  7. #7
    You are doing <insert whatever deity you believe in> work..
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    The two biggest changes are the map and combat info, so things like Carbonite and MSBT are going to fail. There are already combat addons listed in this thread that are working or on their way to a working status.
    what about things like handynotes?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyd2 View Post
    what about things like handynotes?
    Probably broken as well. Anything that deals with the map will break because the entire frame was redone and the way maps were ID'd has completely changed.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    WoW soundnames (4.5 MB)
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

  10. #10
    Funniest thing is that /cancelaura macros are broken.

  11. #11
    Did you get into Beta ?

    Any chance you could mirror this thread on the Beta General forums as well ?

  12. #12
    Dreadlord Rehok's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Light's Hope Chapel
    Posts
    795
    For anyone using the WeakAuras 2 8.0 branch this currently isn't a packaged folder so all the Libs are missing what you will need to do is go into Interface\Addons\WeakAuras2\Weakaura\Libs and copy everything in there (apart from the HereBeDragons) and place it in the same location in your beta folder, if you still get errors try getting the latest version the lib that is erroring from wowace

  13. #13
    Pandaren Monk Adlian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,935
    Hmm kinda wonder why would they mess with the map functionalities.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Hmm kinda wonder why would they mess with the map functionalities.
    Because original API was a mess, this revamp is Blizz attempt to standardise entire thing.

    OT: I won't be releasing updates for my toasts or any other addon for the beta, don't see any point in doing so.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-04-25 at 10:23 AM.

  15. #15
    Handy Notes is definitely broken. It's not working at all.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    For anyone using the WeakAuras 2 8.0 branch this currently isn't a packaged folder so all the Libs are missing what you will need to do is go into Interface\Addons\WeakAuras2\Weakaura\Libs and copy everything in there (apart from the HereBeDragons) and place it in the same location in your beta folder, if you still get errors try getting the latest version the lib that is erroring from wowace
    I'm having issues getting this to install. The instructions (in the OP) say to click the blue button to download Weakauras but the version I got from that has all the libs you're talking about.

    Perhaps you can give more a more detailed step by step because I've clearly messed something up.

  17. #17
    Dreadlord Rehok's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Light's Hope Chapel
    Posts
    795
    Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    I'm having issues getting this to install. The instructions (in the OP) say to click the blue button to download Weakauras but the version I got from that has all the libs you're talking about.

    Perhaps you can give more a more detailed step by step because I've clearly messed something up.
    My instructions are now mute - if you go to https://github.com/WeakAuras/WeakAuras2/releases and get the beta from there, it has the libs for you. so you shouldn't need to do anything, That said, it still isnt a fully stable build.

    @Tercio; You will want to update the WA link to https://github.com/WeakAuras/WeakAuras2/releases now as the wowace no longer contains the 8.0 beta files (Twitch was auotmatically upgrading People on Live game to this 8.0 version)

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer dragothica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,470
    I think BigWigs and LittleWigs work too, atleast they contain BFA data on live version already.

  19. #19
    Thank god for this. I really REALLY dislike the default UI

  20. #20
    The best locations for most of these addons are straight from the respective Git repos. That way you can always download the latest builds with the most recent commits.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •