Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Maybe when/if MM will be simpler, the mentality that BM is 'brain dead' / 'for noobs' so the players who chose BM are 'unworthy and below me' will also be gone.
    How would that work, it would only turn MM into the same category....
    However, I don't think that this is MMs/BMs problem right now. The specs themselves feel bad - in MY opinion.

I do enjoy MM a lot less in BFA than in Legion... by a huge margin, but I was also someone who said that the vulnerability-mechanic was actually adding depth to MM and liked it from day 1. And when Sidewinders became an option instead of being mandatory, MM was at it's best.
    But even if I ignore that, what I'm seeing on the screen in BFA while playing it, is so boring. It's a downgrade - it's putting us back a decade from a design perspective imho. The talents are a complete joke - useless +% overalldmg passives all around and even the active talents are not adding *anything* to my gameplay.

Whether I can move or not doesn't matter, the whole thing is lacking.
    AiS/MM hunter could deal 5 times more damage than any other spec, it would still be boring to watch and play.

Lets just compare MM with Demo - which for a reason is currently liked by the community, even by other classes. Without talents

MM:

Steady Shot - Generator
    AiS - Spender + high dmg ability with CD
    AS - Spender - used to not cap out on Focus
    RF - High dmg Ability with CD - Generator

That's MM - you already know how to play it with that alone.

Demo:

SB - Generator for Ressource 1
    Felhounds - Ressource 1 Spender Dmg Ability (DoT) with CD - Generator for Ressource 2
    Ressource 2 - used for high dmg abilities, enables movement, can be stored for future use.
    HoG - Ressource 1 Spender Dmg Ability, no CD, usable for movement - Generator for Ressource 2 (souls through imps) and Ressource 3 (imps)- amount of damage and ressource generated depends on amount of ressource 1 spent
    Ressource 3 - used for burst, AoE and movement, will decay over time. Will always consume the whole ressource "bar" (imps)
    Implosion - will transfer DoT damage into AoE + Burst - loss of overall damage as payment.
    Demonbolt - Ressource 2 Spender - better Generator for Ressource 1 - enables movement, ST burst -

Does not only sound as if it has a whole different level of depth to it, but it also plays amazingly well and demands decision making on the fly. Skills interact with each other.
    Last edited by KrayZee; 2018-06-17 at 08:17 PM.

I spent a few hours on the Beta MM. It does feel strange. BUT! I don't main Hunter, so can't really compare it with the current MM or the older ones. I'm just looking at all the classes and specs that I'm interested through my prism. Pew pew-ing the target dummy and some mobs it's what I did so far.

Regarding Demo, yes, they put a lot of thought into it. It's definitely another 'team' (?) that worked on the spec, than the team handling Hunters. It has a different flavor / ideas / interactions.

But diversity is good. IMO it's very healthy for WoW to have very different specs and classes. Because there are many many types of players.

I enjoyed MM with sidewinders in early Legion, you actually had to put effort into where you where standing in relation to your target to maximize your dps.
    And then they nerfed it to death and made Sidewinders useless, pushing us back into the mindless focus gain focus discharge rotation and nothing more while keeping the spec weak in relation to to other classes and specs.

Atleast with sidewinders fights with plenty of mobs in the vicinity of the boss/or infront of the boss would allow you to get an edge on any other spec or class out there, that's gone now.

Yep, they completely misunderstood (or understood too well: fun detected, fun deleted) why everyone liked SW:PS so much. Bad hunters, your gameplay is supposed to be managing your resource while other classes dps! That's why it's coming back with a vengeance in BFA.

The MM/Demo analysis really lays out just how boring focus is. Oh, but extra buttons add complexity! Wrong, they just add more focus shots to try to pay for diluting damage over more buttons.
    (Removed for Violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    I enjoyed MM with sidewinders in early Legion, you actually had to put effort into where you where standing in relation to your target to maximize your dps.
    And then they nerfed it to death and made Sidewinders useless, pushing us back into the mindless focus gain focus discharge rotation and nothing more while keeping the spec weak in relation to to other classes and specs.

Atleast with sidewinders fights with plenty of mobs in the vicinity of the boss/or infront of the boss would allow you to get an edge on any other spec or class out there, that's gone now.
    And it replaced arcane and multi shot, two abilities that are both boring and unsatisfying, imo.