Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

Bfa Beta Club - Ret Paladins

So checked my launcher last night and I discovered I got beta access, didn't receive any email notifying me of such. And Yes I'm over the moon

So plan of action, when i get back home from work tonight is to test out Ret as its my main to see how it feels, hopefully get to do some island expeditions and I more so hope for BG access too. Gonna try different kinds of builds.

My initial beta build will be: https://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#C9ZL

And maybe a few dungeons, I generally leave PvE untouched as I like to save that for launch. Where as PvP can't be spoiled for me lol

So you other paladins with beta access where art thou? And what do you plan to test out?

Deleted
    For all purposes I went with unbreakable spirit and jv instead. Also tried divine judgements when I felt the downtime was not an issue.
    Other than that I took my time with questing to get a good feel of it cause I know that I will try and lvl as a spastic so there will be no time of emersion or w/e is left of it

I got in, just did the intro scenario last night as it was late, not sure on build, but so far feels a bit slow, course this is starter gear on a starter pally so should be better when character copies get turned on.

7+ Year Old Account
    I got into Alpha, didn't get too far though sadly. Now in beta I intend on doing the questing zones (since they work better now) and go through them while reading through all the flavour texts - so that when the game comes out I can just go through it and get to max level early enough.

With the new Divine Judgment talent, I might pick it instead of Wake of Ashes - but otherwise my talent tree is same as alpha. And yes, I know Zeal isn't that great, but I actually like it a lot.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/talent-calc/p...tribution/c5Bz

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I got into Alpha, didn't get too far though sadly. Now in beta I intend on doing the questing zones (since they work better now) and go through them while reading through all the flavour texts - so that when the game comes out I can just go through it and get to max level early enough.

With the new Divine Judgment talent, I might pick it instead of Wake of Ashes - but otherwise my talent tree is same as alpha. And yes, I know Zeal isn't that great, but I actually like it a lot.

Ooooh didnt notice the Divine Judgement change, looks interesting and will probably be the go to talent for raiding.

I'm in! So far I've played around in questing with Inquisition (hated it at the time, I don't like these kind of maintenance buffs, but it wasn't too cumbersome to play with again) and Divine Purpose on last row -- overall I hope that DP becomes a viable go to, but if it must be Inq it must be. Divine Purpose has a cool synergy with Divine Judgment -- get a few DS procs in a pack of mobs and suddenly Judgment one shots something -- but mostly I'm kinda "eh" about Divine Judgment, seems like this isn't going to be much use for raiding anyway at least unless there is an add heavy fight and you pair it with DP.

Honestly hardest time I've having right now is training my brain to stop using Judgment before finishers to apply Judgment Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    For all purposes I went with unbreakable spirit and jv instead. Also tried divine judgements when I felt the downtime was not an issue.
    Other than that I took my time with questing to get a good feel of it cause I know that I will try and lvl as a spastic so there will be no time of emersion or w/e is left of it
    I've never understood rushing new content... We get an expansion once every 2 years, take it nice and slow why burn through the content and then complain theres nothing to do within a couple weeks? I just play at my leisure and I tend to reach max level in a few days anyway.

Friend got beta so i went and tested few specs. Most of my time was trying different talent options on retribution and survival.
    I am so glad I did it as I finally decided to be done with my paladin after so many years. I don't find retribution to be fun at all. Maybe I just dislike animations on attacks and well game play overall gets boring to quickly. I curse day I made joke that Blade of Justice looks like you summon giant sword dildo from ground as cant get rid of that image.

On other hand cant believe how much fun I have with survival. Game play overall just feels right, talent choices are nice and they can change and spice things quite a bit, have very nice range as melee class (really nice pleasant surprise), have heroism and other things from pets, etc. I feel so bad for liking it but it feels so right to play it. Like i decided to return home i never knew I had.

Edit:
    Yes we are far from BfA release but I was looking at spec feel and after reading this official response today I said f&ck it, not wasting years again on dull spec: "Having said that, we're close to finished with the changes to the rotations and the look and feel for most specs. We’ve still got a few changes coming soon in the Beta to Unholy Death Knights, Frost Death Knights, and Protection Warriors."
    Last edited by Zenislav; 2018-04-25 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Ooooh didnt notice the Divine Judgement change, looks interesting and will probably be the go to talent for raiding.
    Ret Paladin: "Hey... hey Tank, bring those 14 adds over by the boss here."

Tank: "Uh, why? We need to keep them separated"

Ret Paladin: "No, no, trust me... just group em up.. I wanna do a thing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    Ret Paladin: "Hey... hey Tank, bring those 14 adds over by the boss here."

Tank: "Uh, why? We need to keep them separated"

Ret Paladin: "No, no, trust me... just group em up.. I wanna do a thing..."
    Lool point made, maybe i spoke too soon. Its a good talent for AoE but yeah I'm keeping Wake of Ashes.

Also self healing is really good on the beta, especially Words of Glory. I hope it stays this way at 120 but I doubt it will :'(

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing a it in Alpha for the past month and as with you will be a bit more active in Beta as I have some more free time now.

Build I have been using is: http://bfa.wowhead.com/talent-calc/p...tribution/cQjc

Does Hammer of Wrath warrant it’s usage over BoWrath currently?

Maybe it isn't the right place to ask, but I have a couple questions for those lucky enough to play the beta, are the PVP talents already available? If so, any changes? Have you tried the changes in a BG? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    For me personally, no, the damage isnt like a finisher and its only usable in execute phase or with avenging wrath. Blade of Wrath which does good damage procs aplenty and really helps boosting holy power generation.

And I'd tell ya holy power generation is very crucial without the aid of our artifacts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Novotni View Post
    Maybe it isn't the right place to ask, but I have a couple questions for those lucky enough to play the beta, are the PVP talents already available? If so, any changes? Have you tried the changes in a BG? Thanks in advance.
    I've been dueling and doing BGs and no there's no PVP talents available in beta atm.

I'm also waiting for them to come up. I'll tell you this tho at 110 right now Ret dmg an healing is really good I'm beating most classes if they're unable to effectively kite me. Ret dmg already gettin called overpowered by the people i beat lol

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No not really. BoW is more consistent than HoW but Inq feels more smoother than the other 2 talents I also pick WoA for the more consistent Hp generation and selfless healer is always nice during questing with instant cast FoLs.

The talents are pretty even. Just BoW has a chance of multiple resets feeling better for a short period of time. I prefer HoW.

Deleted
    So far I like inquisition the most, but I'm biased because I really liked the MoP ret paladin. Been playing ret since vanilla (OG RETLOL) and so far Legion and BfA ret has been my least favorites, even when compared to vanilla. It will take some testing to figure out what synergizes best with the new talents but the core gameplay is still the same, which means boring as hell. Our animation doesn't make things better.

I got to 120 on the Beta yesterday. Only took 1 - 1.5 HRs per level just questing and not knowing where to go and dealing with bugs. I did a couple of runs on the Raider's training dummy just to get some logs for those interested. Please note my gear is only from questing and I have not done any dungeons yet.

On the dummy BoW will clearly perform better than HoW as the dummy is never in Execute range so you only get to use How during AW. Here are my stats without any buffs.

HoW: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done
    BoW: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post

Zeal's actually the best option on the first row, believe it or not.

The best setup right now(ignoring Blinding Light, Cavalier and Justicar's Vengeance, my personal choices) is looking to be this:

Consecration depends on a few factors though, but overall it's doing really well. Other option would likely be Wake of Ashes on that row if there's too much movement to make Consecrate work.

Also this build's fun if you wanna aoe your heart out:

Currently, no. BoW's extra HP generation beats out anything HoW gives. Unless we come across a boss like Wrath of Azshara for perma-execute, or Argus with his super long sub 20% phase, it won't see much until later in the expansion when ilvl makes mastery hit harder. Still will be a tough choice though since BoW works at any % vs. 20% or lower for HoW.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2018-04-27 at 11:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

I cant even fathom why some of you still play the hollow ass game. Maybe they havnt gutted eno if h choice yet.

At least wveryone gets no developmwnt this beta now everyone can see rets development cycle of nothing happening