Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    WOTLK or Cataclysm affliction, sure - MOP affliction was the start of all the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    It might be fun for you, it's not fun for anyone else and makes for very bad game design.
    I'd take that "bad" game design over the current design of "every dps spec is a 4 button snoozefest"

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    In other words it was fun cos it was massively overpowered compared to everyone else in certain situations not least because you happened ot have a trinket drop that other peopel didn;t.

It might be fun for you, it's not fun for anyone else and makes for very bad game design.
    No, it was fun even without said trinket. I leveled a warlock three times during the expansion because of how much fun I was having each raid tier that was released, not because some trinket that only my main warlock had because he was clearing the endgame content.

It was also relatively easy to play because as most others probably suggested, an addon did most of the work for you. But even then for -most- people it was still difficult to learn even with said addon, all you had to remember is which targets had the highest spell coefficients.

Hell I'll even throw in WoD warlocks second to MoP mostly because it had some-what of a difficulty curve compared to every other expansion for warlocks.

Also you talk about how others might not have the trinket and I'm going to go ahead and assume said people aren't raiding so why does it even matter if they have it or not. I'll do more damage in dungeons than them, they get a carry and the run goes much more smoothly than with a group with garbage players. I don't see the problem. I'd love to have somebody like me at the time carry my ass through dungeons with little to no effort.

World of Warcraft is an MMO, if you wanted some gear relevancy then go find a guild, make some friends and start raiding. Casual or not, it's not supposed to be a single player game even though these days blizzard is essentially FORCING it down everybody's throats hence why I quit early on during legion. I love the fact you could easily tell the good players from the bad.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

Even without the big numbers MoP Aff was the most fun to me since I play my lock (Mid-Cataclysm).

- Snapshotting. It is fun for me lining up the strongest procs and CDs together and try to keep them rolling as long as possible.
    - Soul swap. Just for the faster target swap.
    - Fel flame. Mostly for PvP.
    - Kil'Jaedens Cunning. I even used it's first iteration which was a DPS loss 'cause casting on the move felt a heck of fun.
    - Being tanky enough to soak things others cant but not being "unkillable".
    - Glyph of nightmares
    - MG animation
    - Shadowfury

The sad thing is that some crap from cata will make it into BfA (Shadowbolt, Shadow Embrace, Nightfall). No baseline CD comes on top of that.

For WoD, Demo was SUPER fun and challanging.

Legion Aff is okish. Probably 2nd to MoPs iteration. I liked Soul Effigy... i hated the return of MG. But I still like the On-Death-Procs, the hunt for souls through artifact, and finding out the best talents for every current M+ affix combo, group setup and dungeon (maybe there aren't but for me it feels like we have a lot of options to consider). The "survivability" is just a cherry...

BfA so far is collecting the worst of everything and putting it together.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Nope. Snapshotting was trash. Felt like you were watching more timers than needed and not actually playing the game.

MoP Destro however I do miss.
    Its a dot spec? Literally all you do is watch timers, that's the whole point.

You didn't stop looking at a bunch of timers when snapshots went away, there's just no point where you break the rules and overwrite them anyway anymore.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    The snapshotting was just nonsense and is luckily removed.
    From the playstyle though, I gotta agree but would go even further back. BC Affliction was actual fun.

What I miss from MoP though, is the movement from KJ Cunning.

cata affliction was more fun

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvator View Post
    The snapshotting was just nonsense and is luckily removed.
    From the playstyle though, I gotta agree but would go even further back. BC Affliction was actual fun.

What I miss from MoP though, is the movement from KJ Cunning.
    what? moving while casting was one of the dumbest things ever happened in wow.. also snapshotting was one of the best things that were in the game

I dunno.

Seems to me that the good players still perform miles ahead of the mediocre/bad ones with Affliction. I don't enjoy it more than I did during MoP, but I enjoy very few specs more than I did during MoP, so...

One would think that "all specs having 3-4 offensive buttons" would've shortened the gap as a silver lining, but no such luck.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-04-27 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    I disagree... Demonbolt build in WOD as demo lock was the most amazing time for me.
    Build fury > cast a few demonbolts > spend the next minute building more fury > cast another few demonbolts.

Riveting

10+ Year Old Account
    Snapshotting was fun. But everyone using addons for it was not. Soul shard: soul swap and soul swap spamming was not fun either.

Cata affliction was way better with soul swap (glyphed) on a 30 sec cd to duplicate dots.

It's not just affliction. Windwalker was incredibly fun with snapshotting as well. The good ol' RoRo days... My RSK could do more damage than a chaos bolt!

KJ’s cunning and harvest life were amazing spells.

God I just miss Mists of Pandaria in General....

Class design was less cut and dry the further back you go, it's not to say specs were specifically harder but these days every ability exists to fulfill the general need of the spec, while a few years ago a lot of spells were niche and didn't have a direct use in pve or pvp ( some spells leaned one way or the other more ) which was the whole point of class flavor, these days you use 100% of the spells in both because that's literally all that's left for the spec and it's been cut so much that it functions the exact same way in any environment, in other words quite boring.

Deleted
    I still think snapshotting was removed only because of UVLS and BBOY. Especially UVLS was an insane change for demo and affli.
    I had a ton of fun playing all MoP specs cause the rppm system just felt so good. You had your reliable opener and proccs while they were not on an internal cd and therefore made you react to them in a positive way.

The argument that snapshotting made AddOns mandatory misses the point. As long as you have temporary buffs (from trinkets or CDs) you want to visualize them in a simple to grasp manner. That wont ever change and i think thats totally fine.

TLDR: Imho the most fun during MoP came from the rppm system rewarding active (and reactive) gameplay without making you feel screwed by rng!

I think if reap souls wasn't a thing legion aff would probably be the best iteration of affliction. RNG just makes the spec not so fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its a dot spec? Literally all you do is watch timers, that's the whole point.

You didn't stop looking at a bunch of timers when snapshots went away, there's just no point where you break the rules and overwrite them anyway anymore.
    Like I said when you're watching an ass ton of timers doesn't feel like you're playing the game. 3 to 4 is a good number, not 5 to 7.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Like I said when you're watching an ass ton of timers doesn't feel like you're playing the game. 3 to 4 is a good number, not 5 to 7.
    Generally speaking you were watching less timers in mop because you really just maintained the dots and then when a proc procced, you were looking at 1 number.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.