Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What does mercenary mode do?

I have been having some pretty long queue times and I was looking into mercenary mode. What exactly does it do beyond letting you play the opposite faction? Does it increase honor or anything like that? Just wondering since the major downside I see is that I wont get rep for my pvp factions in the maps that have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Faster que times is it from my understanding, I've been playing Alliance so I never get the option to use it. (unless I'm missing something)

lets horde play as alliance, you earn +50% honor and generally lowers queue time to 1-2 minutes. on EU at least.

also you'll be a new race to don't forget to drag your new racial to your bars.

and you lose 100% more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lets horde play as alliance, you earn +50% honor and generally lowers queue time to 1-2 minutes. on EU at least.

also you'll be a new race to don't forget to drag your new racial to your bars.
    Are they able to see you are mercenary? I've had two bgs now where somehow, they seem to pick me out and then ignore anything I said. Like pointing out their healer.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Are they able to see you are mercenary? I've had two bgs now where somehow, they seem to pick me out and then ignore anything I said. Like pointing out their healer.
    nope, thats just general BG clowns, i've done plenty of bg's as mercenary and not, both horde and alliance are full of idiots who ignore you, don't listen, don't do objectives or try kill healers and yeah you'll just lose those games.

the best thing about mercenary mode is it lets you see how both sides are full of such idiots there is no bad faction just bad players.

nope, thats just general BG clowns, i've done plenty of bg's as mercenary and not, both horde and alliance are full of idiots who ignore you, don't listen, don't do objectives or try kill healers and yeah you'll just lose those games.

the best thing about mercenary mode is it lets you see how both sides are full of such idiots there is no bad faction just bad players.
    That is true. Its just that they specifically said "hes not actually alliance". So it struck me as odd that they somehow seemed to single me out. Never have idiots on horde side say that, and its my main faction. Just found it odd that they said that while I was actually in mercenary

Yes they can, maybe not with default UI of blizzard but at least my addons tool tip says race class, like Orc Warlock.

And serious why you wanne join alliance, they lose 99% of BG my experiance, and 50% more honor only counts for Objectives, kills and Winning BG, all 3 alliance cant do.
    Last edited by Az0na; 2018-04-26 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Az0na View Post
    Yes they can, maybe not with default UI of blizzard but at least my addons tool tip says race class, like Orc Warlock.

And serious why you wanne join alliance, they lose 99% of BG my experiance, and 50% more honor only counts for Objectives, kills and Winning BG, all 3 alliance cant do.
    Must be an addon then. But yeah, they weren't rocking it too much. Think I wont maybe, 3 over the course of several hours. It was faster though so what little honor I got came faster. Av though, lots of honor if I go in there. Only if its random though

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    That is true. Its just that they specifically said "hes not actually alliance". So it struck me as odd that they somehow seemed to single me out. Never have idiots on horde side say that, and its my main faction. Just found it odd that they said that while I was actually in mercenary
    Could be that someone has seen your toon name/class on Horde side and remembers it, then saw it in Ally and figured you were mercing.

Deleted

Hmm ... As freshly dinged Horde Rogue i've done 9 BGs: only 2 wins and 7 loses so no idea what are you talking about. On Alliance side i have 3 lvl 110: about 40% win ratio. It WAS bad but not not any more. Since last two weeks chances to win are equal.

I hope merc mode stays so as a horde you can merc-queue for "large bgs"

Like a real mercenary, you get paid for every minute you're in the field.

If you're a half decent player in randoms, you should be capable of doing 2-4x the damage and healing of the average player, then it's just a numbers game regardless of faction you're playing. If you're pumping out 3x the damage as everyone else, then your team has a 2 person advantage. So on average you're going to win more. I've just found typically there to be more players who can single handedly win on hordeside than alliance. When I play against them it typically means a close match. When I play with them on my side, it's a steamroll.

checking the armory isnt hard.

and you lose 100% more often.
    Last two expansions I have lost more on horde side than win. Mercenary mode feels like playing horde in mop and before.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Last two expansions I have lost more on horde side than win. Mercenary mode feels like playing horde in mop and before.
    It depents on battlegroup your realm is in. Must say recently I win a lot more all of a sudden and its welcoming change.

It depents on battlegroup your realm is in. Must say recently I win a lot more all of a sudden and its welcoming change.
    There's no such thing as battlegroups anymore

Horde lost 99% of BGs in WoD, now it's the same for alliance.

Battlegroups havent been a thing for like 4+ years.

Lmao, 99% win rate for Horde. Good one.

As an alliance player, I'm at a 75% win rate across the board in 'small battlegrounds'. The large ones actually go either way for me right now.

To answer the question: When you go in Mercenary Mode, it just puts you on the enemy team. It doesn't change your race. I can mouse over people and see they're an orc warlock or tauren druid. It's a lot like how RBGs work where you occasionally get to play as the opposing faction's team for a match. And if you are Horde, you get bonus honor from queuing as Alliance.