Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

Developer Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas - Battle for Azeroth

Developer Q&A with Ion Hazzikostas - Battle for Azeroth
    Ion Hazzikostas is back to talk about Battle for Azeroth!

GCD...

/rabble rabble !

Find it a silly change, but wouldn't really affect me as a Shadow Priest... we lack GCD cooldowns anyway, unlike Melee like Warriors.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-04-26 at 06:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Feedback about what feels bad about your spec after the GCD changes is helpful. Asking to revert the change because it is bad isn't helpful.

Translation: We're not going back on the GCD thing, deal with it.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    In Cataclysm you could take a portal to all of the zones and your guild could use a summon, so players could log in, teleport to the raid, and log off. Taking guild summon away was met with negative feedback, but the ease of transportation was bad for the game.

God forbid that players ought to be able to do that if they so chose. Nope, we've got to artificially increase time spent in the game.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2018-04-26 at 06:14 PM.

''Asking to revert the change because it is bad isn't helpful.''
    Why? Do everyone have to be in favour of what you're doing in BfA? Most if not all feedback regarding the GCD changes has been negative yet you say it's better for the game long-term. If it's heavily disliked now, it won't be liked in the future, especially by people that played with the changes and gave feedback for it.
    '' Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. ''

Why are you still wearing that shitty shirt.

Choice to Pick "A" or "B" skill but then you realized they've pruned "B" lol.....

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its WOD all over again.
    took them almost 18 months to admit everything people bothered reporting in Alpha/Beta was correct.
    some weeks ago they spoke about the ultra negative feeling in the community. even in WOLK people found issues
    but if they really want to look deeper why this chasm has developed. Genuine concerns people raise are ignored
    and its felt that way for a number of years now.

WOW isn't the powerhouse it was and instead of securing the core playerbase they still seem obsessed with pissing off as many as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post

WOW isn't the powerhouse it was and instead of securing the core playerbase they still seem obsessed with pissing off as many as possible.
    going to second this

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with the moving out the fire analogy as moving isnt on the gcd so you can just move while you wait to cast something... All movement abilities should be off the gcd.
    I kind of agree with the normal cds being on the gcd though, in my improving combat in time as long as class design is changed.

His answer was something to behold. Felt like one of those long explanations given to an employee about to be fired instead of just telling them they're fired.

Deleted
    The reactions on these changes illustrate why game designers are game designers and players aren't. These changes are needed for a better game.

The team needed to pull back some quality of life improvements for the long term health of the game.
    This was pretty hilarious to read, you know, in that awful kind of way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Movement and Defensive abilities should not be on the GDC they are for saving your butt in bad situations and those will not always happen when you have a free GDC. Its very simple but Ion is an asshole who willfully ignores all the good feedback that has been given already on this subject.

Frankly I am proud of them hitting the class design and GCD issues right of the bat. People were worried they would waste time talking about high elves. Instead they're just straight up acknowledging the issues.

Now we just need them to actually do what they're saying they are going to do.

finally - i win ^^

after fucking 4 years of posting about wow being arcade game nor mmorpg those shit level devs finally admit it ^^

fuck it feels good

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter how they justify it, no matter how much they talk about the health of the game, this GCD change I will never agree with. I've always been one to wait and see, try things myself before crucifying them for a controversial change. I am an adept of "I am the one who has to adapt to the game, not the other way around". But this... I cannot defend it at all, and I can't fathom the fact that they not only are moving forward with it, but doubling down on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    No matter how they justify it, no matter how much they talk about the health of the game, this GCD change I will never agree with. I've always been one to wait and see, try things myself before crucifying them for a controversial change. I am an adept of "I am the one who has to adapt to the game, not the other way around". But this... I cannot defend it at all, and I can't fathom the fact that they not only are moving forward with it, but doubling down on it.
    Doubling down? They literally just said that some abilities are taking off from GCD (like Disengage or Heroic Leap).

5+ Year Old Account
    You think you want the game to have a natural flow in your playstyle, instead of a gcd equalizing everything for everyone, but you actually don't.

Or maybe you really do and just don't know what is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ when is this guy going to be fired? /facepalm

15+ Year Old Account
    Sooo azerite traits will stay few and lackluster?