Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    No I'm not lol.

When you say "if I was a victim", as if what you would want has any relevance to what these women would want.
    Yes. ME, MYSELF, I. NOT some other person.

This whole thread is irrelevant to what they want. So why are you posting here?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Accepting a smaller loss instead of a bigger loss is still not a win.
    For you. For me it is. You can keep on, but you aren't changing my mind.

I'm happy he got 3 instead of 0. Of course I think he should of got more, but at least he got some.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay you trying to put yourself in their shoes is all about you. Sure.
    lol whatever you want to think. I won't bother responding to you anymore.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    That's why they still need to fight. Make sure there are no smaller losses and just wins.
    Sure, but this result is going to be massively discouraging for victims thinking about coming forward in the future. The only high profile rape conviction getting overturned on a legal screwup.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    For you. For me it is. You can keep on, but you aren't changing my mind.

I'm happy he got 3 instead of 0. Of course I think he should of got more, but at least he got some.
    It's sad when people take the position that "Better than nothing" is a win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but this result is going to be massively discouraging for victims thinking about coming forward in the future. The only high profile rape conviction getting overturned on a legal screwup.

- - - Updated - - -

It's sad when people take the position that "Better than nothing" is a win.

Would it have been better for them if he got 0?

In what case is better than nothing NOT a win? I mean we can look at pretty much anything and say it could have been better. Does that mean there are no wins ever?

This is not the only high profile rape conviction, this was actually the start of MANY high profile rape convictions. Weinstein, Olympic gymnast ass hat many many more. And yeah I literally just watched a victim argue against everything ya'll are arguing so, idk I'm not a victim, I can't speak for any of them. I think this is a set back, but as I said, it's far from a reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally watching one of the victims right now on CNN argue that 3 years is better than 0 years. How cosby is Infamous now instead of famous, and will have to live the rest of his life in infamy regardless. It's about changing the laws so technicalities like this don't happen which this case was successful at doing in many states.
    Alright, please be more cautious about discussing sexual assault though. Projecting your own feelings over the actual feelings of the victims does more harm than good.
    How about you don't project yours first?

Would it have been better for them if he got 0?
    No, but that's still saying a lesser loss is the same thing as a win.

In what case is better than nothing NOT a win? I mean we can look at pretty much anything and say it could have been better. Does that mean there are no wins ever?
    "Could have been better" and "Better than nothing" are not the same thing.

Derek Chauvin got 22.5 years instead of the 30 that prosecutors were asking for. That "could have been better"...but it's still a win.

Derek Chauvin getting released in 3 years because of a legal fuckup during his trial....that would be "better than nothing"...but it would not be a win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean from the entire me too movement you just mentioned like the only other high profile case to actually face prosecution

- - - Updated - - -

You should go tell his victims that. Will probably go well.
    But that doesn't change the fact of what you were doing at all?

I'm not projecting any feelings at all? If you notice I've not put my hat in the ring regarding whether I think this punishment is better than nothing and I have no interest in doing so.

You don't really seem to be grasping the issue. Not sure how more plainly I can explain it. You projecting your own feelings onto the victim of a sexual assault is not great. It's kinda insensitive.

I'm more than happy to listen to victims if or when they choose to speak about things like this, but I would never ever attempt to put myself in their shoes and say how I would feel if it were me who were the victim. Approaching this stuff with a bit of caution and tact is usually best.
    Sure you weren't

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah anyone going and telling victims how to feel is probably not going to go well. Thsts not a projection of my own feelings onto them? Kinda just obvious really? God forbid I tried to illustrate why what you were doing wasnt great?

Anyway you're not going to get it are you.
    I mean I get I was saying how I feel the whole time. Feel free to point out where I said how anyone else should feel.

I mean I get I was saying how I feel the whole time. Feel free to point out where I said how anyone else should feel.
    Well, you did tell me that "Better than nothing" is a win...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you did tell me that "Better than nothing" is a win...
    For ME it is. I've said this to you multiple times now. in those exact words even.

For ME it is. I've said this to you multiple times now. in those exact words even.
    Actually these were your exact words:

In what case is better than nothing NOT a win?

10+ Year Old Account
    And this isnt about YOU.
    Then stop responding to me? This is a stupid MMO champ thread. I'm here discussing what I think. WTF you think these forums are for?

- - - Updated - - -

If I was a victim I would call 3 years over 0 a win. Maybe that is just me.
    Actually these were your exact words:
    So this wasn't my very first reply to you? Context..... I know you know what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not self improvement or being self aware that's for sure.
    The guy trying to white knight on mmo champ, trying to lecture others about being self aware. lofuckingl

So this wasn't my very first reply to you? Context..... I know you know what it is.
    That quote asks me, specifically, how "better than nothing" is NOT a win.

That's the context I'm looking at. That it's not only that you accept better than nothing as a win...but that I should as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    That quote asks me, specifically, how "better than nothing" is NOT a win.

That's the context I'm looking at. That it's not only that you accept better than nothing as a win...but that I should as well.
    My bad for trying to have an actual discussion, but we must be speaking different languages cause I don't see me saying how you should feel. I was more seeing if you could say anything that would change my mind. You didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah how dare I care about how the victims of sexual assault feel. Congrats on being some chud who gives a shit about "white knighting" (cool assumptions you've made about me there). I thought you had a shred of decency, my bad.

Ass.
    Thought you aren't trying to say how they do/should feel?

I'm not too concerned with what some random on MMO champ thinks of me

10+ Year Old Account
    Caring about how they feel isnt telling them how to feel or projecting my feelings onto them. You dunce.

No, I cant imagine you do. I was trying to help you avoid a possible shitty situation in the future, but if you wanna learn these things the hard way go for it I guess. Just sucks that you'll probably upset someone unnecessarily in the process.

I'm beginning to suspect you're incapable of proper discussion.
    I generally respond in kind to how people are to me. Take that how you will.

My bad for trying to have an actual discussion, but we must be speaking different languages cause I don't see me saying how you should feel. I was more seeing if you could say anything that would change my mind. You didn't.
    Well, that's fine. If you think Chauvin being released in 3 years would still be a "win"...you are entitled to that very wrong opinion.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Literally watching one of the victims right now on CNN argue that 3 years is better than 0 years. How cosby is Infamous now instead of famous, and will have to live the rest of his life in infamy regardless. It's about changing the laws so technicalities like this don't happen which this case was successful at doing in many states.
    I think this is the take away from the early-release on a technicality. Hell, even Cosby's lawyer is saying "we always thought he was treated unfairly" and not, "see, he was innocent". I'm not going to jump in this semantics discussion that's going on. Suffice it to say, I'm sure all the victims of Sexual Offender & Rapist Cosby are upset by his early release, but it has to be at least some comfort that Cosby was convicted. THAT is the big win. Jail time, at some point, is just different of levels of punishment, predicated on the guilt of the person. And then only released on a technicality, which literally rested on the prosecution using his own words against him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that's fine. If you think Chauvin being released in 3 years would still be a "win"...you are entitled to that very wrong opinion.
    If it comes out that something made it possible he would have served 0. I would take the 3 as a win. Again was it the best outcome? no.