Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think this is the most willfully ignorant thing I've seen in awhile. Congrats.

    You're adorable - and we all enjoy your willful ignorance of the law and the justice system. Especially the part where you ignore the details. Like the split decision, and the fact that the state appellate court denied the appeal. But please go on about your ignorance pretending to be vocabulary while the rest of us have the adult conversation about how the law is all about the minutiae.

    Nothing you have said changes anything I've said. (am I doing that right? )
    Lol okay. The fact it was a split decision really doesnt change what happened.

    I dunno what pretending to be vocabulary means, but sure dude.

    I'm not sure what you're doing at this point? Just being obnoxious? Definitely not adult conversation.

    There is something kinda funny about you mimicking my post while simultaneously trying to claim youre having an adult conversation.

    There is literally no point in this, you just pointed out some details of the appeal which dont contradict what I said.

  2. #362
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Lol okay. The fact it was a split decision really doesnt change what happened.
    Because knowing about the law and commenting on the law are the same thing?

    I dunno what pretending to be vocabulary means, but sure dude.
    I know - don't worry about it. You've got bigger problems.

    I'm not sure what you're doing at this point? Just being obnoxious? Definitely not adult conversation.
    That's abundantly clear from both your initial statements and your follow up shit posts.

    There is something kinda funny about you mimicking my post while simultaneously trying to claim youre having an adult conversation.
    Possibly - but what's really hysterical is you not understanding why I mimicked your post.

    There is literally no point in this, you just pointed out some details of the appeal which dont contradict what I said.
    For you, based on the willful ignorance you spew here, no, there isn't a point to you responding any more.


    The best part of all this is that you have no idea what you're talking about, nor seem to remember what you originally said and what I was responding to; so, to use a legal term, let me refresh your memory. You said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Prosecutors in the US are so damn dirty. The number of people in prison because of dubious deals and shit is probably depressingly high.
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    You're telling me the prosecution cutting a deal with Cosby to testify in 2005 and then going against that deal allowing him to now get out on that technicality has nothing to do with prosecutors being so damn dirty?

    I guess it could be pure incompetence, but I dunno, seems shady and shitty.
    and then you, lol, said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I think this is the most egregious pedantry I've seen in awhile congrats....
    Nothing you have said changes anything I've said.
    And you did all that because you literally forgot your original point, which was that the whole thing was shady, which clearly, it wasn't, because of the details surrounding the 2005 deal, the appeals, and the PA Supreme Court split decision.
    I told you the devil was in the details, gave you links to explain, and rather than ask questions, you did what most shit-posters do, lash out while wallowing in your own ignorance.

    Which we all enjoyed. So thank you for that, at least.

    But now that you understand what's going on (after admitting you didn't, see above), do you have any further questions - or does it all make sense to you? Because quite literally what happened demonstrably changed what you said. The details show quite clearly that nothing "shady" or "corrupt" was going on, and I have PA Supreme Court Justices who agree with me. And all you have is your ignorance of the law and how it works.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm wondering if there any other accusers who can still file charges within the SoL, and use the testimony from this criminal trial, sans the 2005 depo, and get Cosby another criminal trial.

    And let's not forget that no matter what, we all know America's Dad is actually a convicted sex offender and sexual predator - even if he was released on a technicality.
    Therein lies the problem. Even if there are other accusers, they may look at this, and are possibly that much more discouraged to come forward. It takes a lot of courage to stand up in the first place for these victims. As a lawyer yourself, you have intimate knowledge to know what 3 years in prison can do as an 80+ man is hard time, but people have different perceptions on justice, and this can also be seen as discouraging to those seeking justice, him getting off on a technicality. I hope this doesn't make victims more reluctant to come out from their shell and seek justice.

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Well, there is that.

    I'm just glad that despite all of Cosby's money and his wife's insanity of "standing by him" he still go almost three years in a state prison. I'm gonna call that a win.

    And that deal from 2005 must not have been THAT clear, because HEY HEY HEY, everyone knew about it, and it was still allowed as admissible, and he was still convicted.
    3 years for dozens of rape victims is by no means "A win". It's a punch in the gut to all his victims.

    Dying in prison would be a win.

  5. #365
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,452
    Him being released has nothing to do with his guilt, believing victims, or any of that. Doesn't matter how many media sites and people on social media conveniently gloss over that fake. Its because the DA messed up. The DA violated his rights, very important rights that must be upheld because they are the same rights that protect innocent people and maintain some degree of intergrity. Just so happens that he gets to benefit from the DA's blunder. Its a hard pill the swallow but he shouldn't be in jail under the circumstances. Once you start picking and choosing what rights apply to some and what dont to others you create a system where the innocent are unjusticly punished.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-06-30 at 10:53 PM.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  6. #366
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    3 years for dozens of rape victims is by no means "A win". It's a punch in the gut to all his victims.

    Dying in prison would be a win.
    Pretty sure @cubby is hinting that the possibility it could have been 0 years.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Because knowing about the law and commenting on the law are the same thing?


    I know - don't worry about it. You've got bigger problems.


    That's abundantly clear from both your initial statements and your follow up shit posts.


    Possibly - but what's really hysterical is you not understanding why I mimicked your post.


    For you, based on the willful ignorance you spew here, no, there isn't a point to you responding any more.


    The best part of all this is that you have no idea what you're talking about, nor seem to remember what you originally said and what I was responding to; so, to use a legal term, let me refresh your memory. You said:

    and

    and then you, lol, said:

    And you did all that because you literally forgot your original point, which was that the whole thing was shady, which clearly, it wasn't, because of the details surrounding the 2005 deal, the appeals, and the PA Supreme Court split decision.
    I told you the devil was in the details, gave you links to explain, and rather than ask questions, you did what most shit-posters do, lash out while wallowing in your own ignorance.

    Which we all enjoyed. So thank you for that, at least.

    But now that you understand what's going on (after admitting you didn't, see above), do you have any further questions - or does it all make sense to you? Because quite literally what happened demonstrably changed what you said. The details show quite clearly that nothing "shady" or "corrupt" was going on, and I have PA Supreme Court Justices who agree with me. And all you have is your ignorance of the law and how it works.
    The fuck is your problem?

    "We enjoyed that" you and who?

    The part I'm concerned about still seems shady, but you never really asked me why I thought that? You just made assumptions about why.

    Most people dont respond well to attitudes like yours unsurprisingly. You've been incredibly hostile right off the bat which is just a bad way of trying to have any "adult conversation". And of course I defended my self while I tried to parse just exactly what you thought I didnt understand.

    My feeling that it is shady isnt the fact that he got out but the fact that a prosecutor would knowingly risk jeopardizong a case, which I'll admit I dont know in depth details about but I'm open to other explanations like incompetence or w.e. instead of trying to clarify you jumped down my throat based on what you thought I was talking about "the whole thing being shady". Obviously this him getting out is due process or w.e. but why on earth would a prosecutor arrest someone on charges that had been a part of a deal made earlier? Like surely as a prosecutor you would try to get charges that would stick and would actually put some effort into fidning out if they did. Especially with a defendant who has millions of dollars to pour into their defence.

    Instead of y'know maybe asking me to make it clearer you just needed to jerk your ego a bit and show that you can link things and know some basic law stuff which didnt really have to do with what I took issue with. Jesus.

    So congrats on freaking out over what seems to be a misunderstanding.

    You have real I did a year of law school and now I'm smarter than everyone energy rn

    I'll acknowledge I probably could have been clearer but the way you're acting is incredibly obnoxious.
    Last edited by Josuke; 2021-06-30 at 11:05 PM.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I hope this doesn't make victims more reluctant to come out from their shell and seek justice.
    Sadly, it almost certainly will.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Pretty sure @cubby is hinting that the possibility it could have been 0 years.
    That's not a win. That's "we could have lost worse".

    Tell his victims "We could have lost worse"...see how much they feel like celebrating this "win"

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Sadly, it almost certainly will.
    Likely may be right, but with the whole metoo movement, weinstein etc, i'm hoping the needle was pushed enough that, while this is certainly a set back, it's not a full reset, if you know what I mean.

  10. #370
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    23,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Sadly, it almost certainly will.
    How if you understand the circumstances of his release? He is only out because the DA messed up. No is saying he didn't do it (peoples who opininons matter), what the DA did can't be upheld due to reasons bigger than this one case.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2021-06-30 at 11:00 PM.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  11. #371
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Sadly, it almost certainly will.

    - - - Updated - - -



    That's not a win. That's "we could have lost worse".

    Tell his victims "We could have lost worse"...see how much they feel like celebrating this "win"
    If I was a victim I would call 3 years over 0 a win. Maybe that is just me.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Likely may be right, but with the whole metoo movement, weinstein etc, i'm hoping the needle was pushed enough that, while this is certainly a set back, it's not a full reset, if you know what I mean.
    I mean from the entire me too movement you just mentioned like the only other high profile case to actually face prosecution

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    If I was a victim I would call 3 years over 0 a win. Maybe that is just me.
    You should go tell his victims that. Will probably go well.

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    How if you understand the circumstances of his release? He is only out because the DA messed up. No is saying he didn't do it (peoples who opininons matter), what the DA did can't be upheld due to reasons bigger than this one case.
    It doesn't matter. I agree that, because of the DA fuck up, he had to be released.

    It's still going to give victims more cause to stay silent...because, even though Cosby was found guilty, he still gets released.

  14. #374
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    3 years for dozens of rape victims is by no means "A win". It's a punch in the gut to all his victims.

    Dying in prison would be a win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Pretty sure @cubby is hinting that the possibility it could have been 0 years.
    Yes, exactly - thank you, that's indeed what I meant. 3 years for a rape is not a win, at all. However, 3 years for what essentially amounts to a cold case file with a major celebrity as the perpetrator, is a huge win for the system. Even overturned, Cosby spent 3 very tough years in prison, and has blindness and death to look forward to in his last few years.

  15. #375
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I mean from the entire me too movement you just mentioned like the only other high profile case to actually face prosecution

    - - - Updated - - -



    You should go tell his victims that. Will probably go well.

    Do me a favor and ask them if they would rather he got 0 or 3 and see how many say 3.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Do me a favor and ask them if they would rather he got 0 or 3 and see how many say 3.
    Why I'm not the one trying to talk for them?

    I'd appreciate the fact that this is probably a very rough thing to have to deal with and give them the privacy they deserve. And not purport to know how they feel.

  17. #377
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    31,935
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Therein lies the problem. Even if there are other accusers, they may look at this, and are possibly that much more discouraged to come forward. It takes a lot of courage to stand up in the first place for these victims. As a lawyer yourself, you have intimate knowledge to know what 3 years in prison can do as an 80+ man is hard time, but people have different perceptions on justice, and this can also be seen as discouraging to those seeking justice, him getting off on a technicality. I hope this doesn't make victims more reluctant to come out from their shell and seek justice.
    I hope is doesn't as well. I also think the statue of limitations has run on these acts - IIRC, the victim that got Cosby his conviction was only weeks away from the SoL running out. So even if the other victims have the courage to come forward and actually press charges, it might be too late.

    I agree completely on your point regarding justice and the perceptions of time served, etc. And I tend to take an objective viewpoint on these things as well - actually, objective isn't the right word/phrase, more like a devil's advocate approach. And while I still think the three years will be damning to Cosby's overall health and his life, if I were the victim, I would not consider it justice. As @Egomaniac said, dying in prison would be justice.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    If I was a victim I would call 3 years over 0 a win. Maybe that is just me.
    Imagine winning a Gold medal at the Olympics. That's a win. All the struggles and sacrifices you made finally pay off. Then a few years later that win is disqualified because someone other than you made a mistake and everything you won is taken from you.

  19. #379
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Why I'm not the one trying to talk for them?

    I'd appreciate the fact that this is probably a very rough thing to have to deal with and give them the privacy they deserve. And not purport to know how they feel.
    You are talking for them just as much as I am. Where did I say I was speaking for anyone? I mean you are the one claiming what they would think is a win or loss. Meanwhile I'm only speaking for myself.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Do me a favor and ask them if they would rather he got 0 or 3 and see how many say 3.
    Literally watching one of the victims right now on CNN argue that 3 years is better than 0 years. How cosby is Infamous now instead of famous, and will have to live the rest of his life in infamy regardless. It's about changing the laws so technicalities like this don't happen which this case was successful at doing in many states.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •