Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I mean most of the horde players atleast had av and ic blacklisted so this doesn't matter for around 50% of the population.
    That is a holdover from previous expansions and totally unnecessary for Horde players now. Alliance still has a higher win% but its comparable to the higher win% HOrde has in all the others.

The IoC one always confused me. Alliance has kept the same strategy of going docks in mass and conceding hangar, but all it takes to counter this strategy is a few Horde players willilng to sacrifice themselves to kill the first wave of glaives. Do that and the Alliance strat dies and Horde wins easily if the majority go hangar and run bombs.

http://wow-stats.com/bgwr01.html
    Last edited by Hoeth; 2018-04-27 at 02:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    That is a holdover from previous expansions and totally unnecessary for Horde players now. Alliance still has a higher win% but its comparable to the higher win% HOrde has in all the others.

The IoC one always confused me. Alliance has kept the same strategy of going docks in mass and conceding hangar, but all it takes to counter this strategy is a few Horde players willilng to sacrifice themselves to kill the first wave of glaives. Do that and the Alliance strat dies and Horde wins easily if the majority go hangar and run bombs.

http://wow-stats.com/bgwr01.html
    It is kinda mandatory tbh, there is a HUGE difference in the quality of matches and win rates when you blacklist those 2.

Basically anyone on horde who knows anything about pvp will have them blocked, the only ones who do not are either

1. Fresh alts who forgot to set blacklist
    2. People who don't pvp alot and will play anything
    3. The tiny minority who love those bgs even with the massive alliance map advantage.

Options 1 and 2 are the reason you do not see very many horde actually trying to stop glaives for example.

I am pretty certain this is why blizz are changing things because the faction win rates are heavily slanted depending on which side of the blacklist you are on.

Av + ic banned = horde for the most part stomp but will sometimes get good alliance premades looking for a proper fight

Av + ic unbanned = vice versa.

There is also the case of lowering que times as blacklists split the playerbase into too many seperate pools, with no blacklists and the 2 biggest offender bgs being removed from the standard bg pool they will have only 1 pool of players from now on and faction win rates will actually be an accurate representation now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Welp, now i can't even blacklist gilneas and WSG. There goes the fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Welp, now i can't even blacklist gilneas and WSG. There goes the fun.
    If you blacklist them because you generally lose them then honestly i think you will be pleasantly surprised in bfa, due to the last part of my previous post i am pretty sure we are going to see some more balanced games and less overall stomps (ignoring the occasions you face a premade whilst solo).

If you blacklist them because you do not like those 2 battlegrounds then unfortunately you are stuck with that, i am the same for seething shore but am overall happy this change is coming. In hindsight i can't believe it has taken this long for this to happen as i think it is going to be a great change to random battleground pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearcut View Post
    If you blacklist them because you generally lose them then honestly i think you will be pleasantly surprised in bfa, due to the last part of my previous post i am pretty sure we are going to see some more balanced games and less overall stomps (ignoring the occasions you face a premade whilst solo).

If you blacklist them because you do not like those 2 battlegrounds then unfortunately you are stuck with that, i am the same for seething shore but am overall happy this change is coming. In hindsight i can't believe it has taken this long for this to happen as i think it is going to be a great change to random battleground pvp.
    How can someone not like WSG, it's the most balanced game mode and map. If you like BGs at all then to me it seems you would like WSG (and even AB) by default.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    How can someone not like WSG, it's the most balanced game mode and map. If you like BGs at all then to me it seems you would like WSG (and even AB) by default.
    I love AB but hate WSG with a passion. I couldn't stand WSG in Vanilla and it hasn't gotten better with time. Oddly enough there are lots of people that dont like WSG, no one in my guild has ever hit exalted and that guild has existed since Vanilla and had some pretty heavy PvPers in it. It was the most blacklisted BG in my guild behind Strand or IOC.

Just means I won't queue for randoms ever again, I can't stand 10 seconds of WSG or the other one that is just like WSG ( been so long since I did it I can't even remember the name anymore lol )

I love how despite blizzard stating many times the win rate averages to about 50% on the factions, people still think there are bgs that alliance or horde always win.

For me as others have said this is a win, as i never really like the mechanics in strand, seemed to punish you for defending well by making the game last longer. AV has not been fun for a long while and isle was never fun for me. (yes i have khan and battlemaster for a good few years now)

Still no word if seething will go into the rbg rotation though? And why can't we have the rbg version of the maps in the random bgs...
    Last edited by ilik2345; 2018-04-27 at 08:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    WSG is way too small. Mounts shouldn't be allowed in that bg imo. AB is perfect.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2018-04-27 at 09:53 PM.

I blacklisted AV and IoC on my Horde character (since we always lost them) and I blacklist SotA on my Alliance characters (because I strongly dislike the battleground).

AV and IoC are being made separate, while SotA is flat out being removed.

That doesn't mean I'm okay with blacklisting being removed, but frankly, it's not going to impact me much. I'll live.

Also hated SotA, has been been blocked ever since there was a feature to do that. For my other one it switched between temple and mines, as alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad SoTA is gone but sad I can't blacklist SSM or BfG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    You think you wanted it, but you didn't.

Apparently.
    I don't mind as much considering the 3 BGs I hate the most (SotA/AV/IoC) will already not be on my list.

AV/IoC getting moved into another queue and SoTA is getting deleted like the trash it is.

I think they should still give us the option of blacklisting any 1 BG though.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    SotA is literally the worst, most ill-conceived BG idea ever. It's problematic for many reasons, and I think we all know what those reasons are.

Them removing it is nothing but good all around, for pvp in general.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    In that case they might as well just remove IoC as well, since no Horde with any amount of sense will willingly run that heavily Alliance favored durpfest
    this is just bs really.. people will regurgitate this everytime the topic comes up but that's just because they can't fathom playing on maps that aren't 100% mirrored. (hint you dont use the same tactics on both sides so stop trying). also the "heavilly alliance favored tactic" can be nullified with a handfull of people.

Deleted
    AV/IoC will pretty much be alliance vs alliance

My current plan is to just queue for EotS and never random at all.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.