Question Are the Fire and Earth elemental getting an update in BfA?

Any news on this? Would be a let down if we still have to use those very old models.

No news on that front so far. I personally love those models so im not complaining :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gulamarth View Post
    No news on that front so far. I personally love those models so im not complaining :P
    Yeah I wouldn't change a lot if it was up to me, maybe make them a little more crisp. Like they did with a few warlock pets

Mentioned it another thread before, no they aren't, the only exception being Storm Elemental(basic or PE, i don't remember atm.) received the Lightning Elemental model.

would love to see them kept the same, but with a higher fidelity. I guess that's most of the game for me though

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Mentioned it another thread before, no they aren't, the only exception being Storm Elemental(basic or PE, i don't remember atm.) received the Lightning Elemental model.
    Basic, the greater one still uses the model from Skywall

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Higher rez models or just getting a glyph to use the other newer types of elementals introduced in later expansions would require blizz to actually spend 5 minutes of development time on shamans... so no, we are not getting new models.

Deleted
    It would be great to have a skill like Hunters to capture the elementals:

CALL OF THE ELEMENTS
    Make a deal with an Elemental of Fire, Earth or Storm that will come to your rescue when called. If for any reason the Elemental refuses to ally with you, the procedure will not succeed.
    The Elemental type compartment with which you want to tighten the pact must be empty. The characteristics and abilities of the Elementals of Fire, Earth and Storm will remain unchanged, only the appearance will be copied (with Primordial Elemental talent, the size is increase by 20%).

Update the models, also update the Ascendance model.

I would love to see elemental apec get a perminant fire elemental pet. I do agree though that they need visual updates.

Wowhead just showed new Earth Elementals in one of their news posts and they look great. I have asked for them on the official forums, maybe it helped a bit!
    Dunno how to post a screenshot but look 'm up. Hopefully they will also do the Fire Elementals.

7+ Year Old Account

This is one color variant out of 8. Looks really neat

Fire elemental got updated, not just the model, but also a heat distortion effect was added to it. Here's a gif (higher quality on click) of it

probably in the future since warlock pet frenzy is happening

Deleted
    Looks great!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Yes they've been updated, and since blizzard loves to muck about PE is now the prefered talent haha

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann