Thread: Symmetra 3.0

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    They've taken action with heroes much sooner depending on how they performed.
    bastion says hello

The main benefit is now her M1 doesn't have its bullshit lock-on mechanic and that means they can do things like bump up the damage, revert the charge time, increase width/length without her being the bane of low skilled players everywhere.
    this is why people need to pay attention to the PTR

They changed it's damage because of a bug where people would spam click m1 and do insane damage. They CAN'T buff the damage. It sucks not because of it's damage but because the mechanics of how it works. The gun will have to go through ANOTHER redesign to be useful.

Secondly her "bullshit lock on" was never bull shit to begin with. Blizzard already explained this and people didn't listen. It goes by ticks. People think it kills them around the corner when it doesn't - it already killed you before you went around that corner it's just ping/animation finishing that makes it look like it's killing people through the dumbest things even though with a 7m range you deserved to die.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    this is why people need to pay attention to the PTR

They changed it's damage because of a bug where people would spam click m1 and do insane damage. They CAN'T buff the damage. It sucks not because of it's damage but because the mechanics of how it works. The gun will have to go through ANOTHER redesign to be useful.

Secondly her "bullshit lock on" was never bull shit to begin with. Blizzard already explained this and people didn't listen. It goes by ticks. People think it kills them around the corner when it doesn't - it already killed you before you went around that corner it's just ping/animation finishing that makes it look like it's killing people through the dumbest things even though with a 7m range you deserved to die.
    They also fixed that bug prior to the patch going live, meaning they can buff it.

And yeah, silly me for getting caught by a Sym coming out from the bar with the Mega health pack in King's Row or one following her shield to avoid damage as she closes in on you while you're trying to cap a point. Obviously situations where I would otherwise be properly positioned or grouped up should result in my death.

I think her M1 beam should be increased to 15 meters from 10, but other than that she seems great -- M1 and M2 feel like they should be swapped, as her M2 is definitely primarily used now.

Sym blows so hard. Feels like she wears a wet paper sack into combat for survivability. The ult is stupid in that it rarely does anything and disapears really quickly. She's basically an on demand teleport dispersal unit. So bad.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

she can no longer do what she was supposed to do....she cant drag balls into the basket ball nets anymore...rip sym

Her Q should not have such a long cast time; as it is, it's an entirely proactive ult with unreliable value.

I also don't understand her left click. It's bizarre to me that they would go from a sticky beam that grabs targets and sticks on them around corners, to a narrow tracking beam. It's not just the bizarre pendulum swing from requiring the least aim to the most, it's that it does far less damage now. Not everyone might be fully aware of this, but one of the few perks of Symmetra used to be her melee burst; she could charge up an orb, jump on someone and then left click into a melee. This made her quite the threat in melee range. Now, ironically, she is super weak and vulnerable in melee range. They took away her burst and gave her a slowly charging dps beam instead. Now this beam can do some serious damage if it is fully charged, but they also reduced her ammo capacity and did not increase her range by much at all. Symm going from melee to ranged without notice is just weird. Her defense used to be her offense, but no more of that.

Anyway her turrets are amazing. They are so damn strong. I love these new turrets. I wish she could store more than three at a time (not place), but that probably shouldn't happen.

Her right click is also great. It does good enough damage and I love the faster firing rate and velocity. Still not a reliable way of killing people though, which at least her old beam was.

Her teleporter I don't have much of an opinion on yet tbh. I haven't quite figured out what to reliably do with it. I know you can put three turrets on the ground and bomb the enemy backline with them, but that combo gets easily countered by a swinging Brig or Rein anyway not to mention it puts all your turrets and TP on cooldown. TPing in and out is also quite risky because the TP doesn't have much health and you don't want to be standing there like an nerfed idiot trying to charge up a beam before dying.

All in all I think her left click makes no sense, her ult takes too long to cast. Her TP still seems situational/cheesy to me and we will have to wait and see what the pros do with it, if anything at all. I'm honestly surprised with Blizzard's handling of this hero; most of their previous balancing has been meticulous to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played it for the first time today and I hated it. it feels clunky as all hell. I know why blizzard did it, but I am not a fan personally. I like the new turret throws, but It took me a while to find how the damn teleport worked then realised its like a slow Reaper teleport if Reaper allowed other to teleport with him. xD

Maybe its just a thing I need to get used to over time.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-07-03 at 01:12 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

New symmetra is fucking garbage lol.

The rework has a lot of potential with coordinated groups who can utilize good teleporter placements and act as a shot caller; however, she’s going to be in a (potentially) worse situation than she was before in QP and uncoordinated comp teams.
    The time I’ve had with her, she definitely has potential on a lot of maps to cause a lot of surprise and disarray to the enemy team, but your team has to be willing to do it and know how to utilize it.
    Overall, I liked her more before as far as LMB and her Ult, but she needs a change. I’m just not sure this is it.