Not Even A Scratch - how do you do this?

I want to finish Master of Strand of the Ancients before it goes away, and I don't see how it is possible to win the game without losing any demos. Even the worst teams I've faced have had someone willing to kill a demo in 3 hits. With all the immunities and spell reflects in the game, you can't lock anyone out of doing what they want for long. And even if you find a team that can guard both the demos on the docks for 10 minutes, winning the game using only bombs seems unfeasible. Any amount of damage including dots will cancel the cast, making it possible for the shadow priests and warlocks on the enemy team to spin the door even while they are dead.

Is there a good strategy for earning this achievement?

There isn't, you need a time machine. All who did Battle master (Like me) back in 2010-2012 had it much easier. Since Blizzard ruined premade for BG's and didn't nerf the achievements heavily, or at least cared to balance a bit, they directly made BM, Khan (and so on...) much, much harder.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Pure Luck quite plainly.

Like other achievements such as Mine (IoC), defend the first round for full 10 minutes and then hope that the enemy basically gives up.

I got the Achievement back in Wotlk and there the enemy just got steamrolled while the Demolishers drove towards the orb and finished the game <2 minutes.

I haven't understood how to do this for 5 years, they are one-shot and killing them is key... so how do you do this? I've been told luck in the past...
    My feelings are this achievement didn't scale right. Like this was way more doable when the BG introduced and people didn't know what to do and the tanks just were harder to kill? Beats me man, this things sucks - I feel like you might need a premade or like a 1% mount drop luck to get this one.

The demos were easy to kill when this BG was released, and they moved ridiculously slow compared to now where they are about as fast as a mounted player. I don't know a point in the game where this was an easy achievement, despite people claiming otherwise.

Deleted
    Just checked got it in 2010 with no premade. It was just a matter of a team rolfstomping the others on the beach and all the way up probably by overgearing them. That's it.

Deleted
    I did it in 2012, together with Defense of the Ancients in the same run with no pre-made. Basically, we over-geared the other team so much they couldn't do anything. As others said, I'm not really sure how you can do it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    got it in 8/31/09

dunno how...just totally ruined the other team i guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

You have to literally win the lottery to get some of the PvP achievements nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    The demos were easy to kill when this BG was released, and they moved ridiculously slow compared to now where they are about as fast as a mounted player. I don't know a point in the game where this was an easy achievement, despite people claiming otherwise.
    except back then 2(ranged) players could enter the vehicle and merrily slaughter the enemy with impunity while the driver was driving

I did it back then as an arcane mage in full ICC heroic gear, I basically twoshot everybody and eventually I got the achievement

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to finish Master of Strand of the Ancients before it goes away, and I don't see how it is possible to win the game without losing any demos. Even the worst teams I've faced have had someone willing to kill a demo in 3 hits. With all the immunities and spell reflects in the game, you can't lock anyone out of doing what they want for long. And even if you find a team that can guard both the demos on the docks for 10 minutes, winning the game using only bombs seems unfeasible. Any amount of damage including dots will cancel the cast, making it possible for the shadow priests and warlocks on the enemy team to spin the door even while they are dead.

I got this achievement back in '08 when demos were actually tanks. Now it is very hard to get that achievement and also to get the having no walls demolished achieve since the demos and the walls have pretty low HP. Think it only takes like 2-3 bombs to completely destroy a wall now.

Anyhoo, got all of my achievements like 10 years ago, so I'm set...

Edit: Also, I thing that helped them back then was that there were no teleporting up ahead by enemy team if a wall was demolished. This made it a lot easier for the tankbois to just demolish through the walls quickly and win the game since the other team was left behind fighting with our players. Nowadays, they just need to click that portal by the wall and it auto teleports them ahead of the tanks.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2018-04-30 at 07:22 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Like what others have said. I did it like 8-9 years ago. Same with Khan, completed it like 5-6 years ago.

Getting it complete in the current game? Make a group, defend first and crush them to the point of them basically giving up, that way when you're on Offense you'll outnumber them as a few will be half-assing it and/or AFKing off somewhere. Plus, it'll help if everyone in your group has an ilvl as high as possible and the enemy team consists of fresh max level characters. It's not as big a deal as in previous expansions due to the stat scaling, but it's always helpful to have better gear than your opponent.

Besides that? Pray you don't have to go against a well geared rogue or particularly a well geared feral druid (several bleeds). If they want, they can kamikaze the same tank a couple times and eventually bring it down and there is nothing you can do about it.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2018-05-01 at 02:48 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Like what others have said. I did it like 8-9 years ago. Same with Khan, completed it like 5-6 years ago.

Getting it complete in the current game? Make a group, defend first and crush them to the point of them basically giving up, that way when you're on Offense you'll outnumber them as a few will be half-assing it and/or AFKing off somewhere. Plus, it'll help if everyone in your group has an ilvl as high as possible and the enemy team consists of fresh max level characters. It's not as big a deal as in previous expansions due to the stat scaling, but it's always helpful to have better gear than your opponent.

Besides that? Pray you don't have to go against a well geared rogue or particularly a well geared feral druid (several bleeds). If they want, they can kamikaze the same tank a couple times and eventually bring it down and there is nothing you can do about it.
    To add, do it with a group that hasn't prestiged. You'll get mixed with others who haven't prestiged yet (typically have worse gear) / don't know their class.

Deleted
    Short answer is you don't.

Some of the achievements like these were created back in 2008 when it was possible to have a fully geared group (premade or not) against a team of new players in greens which were hardly able to do anything (insignificant damage/healing) besides dying instantly.

Especially nowadays with templates this is no longer the case and complete and total domination is something extremely rare (unless more than 50% of the enemy team afk's out or are bots)

Sadly blizz is just disappointing at not keeping requirements in check with the current game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait for next expansion when people are badly geared to 3-shot vehicles.

By balancing pvp blizzard broke "total faceroll" achievements that required your team to vastly outgear enemy
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yeah some of them are near impossible in random BG's, such as The Perfect Storm. Probably still hard to get with an organized team.

Deleted
    Saw people in our group get the achievement today, together with Storm the Beach. Dunno if it was a bug or what, but its worth to note that I don't recall seeing anyone from the group taking a demo at the start, we just bomb-rushed it without even taking graveyards. I don't really know if they killed our demos, or didn't attack them at all.

I might be very wrong about the things written below!

I have that blur memory, that when I got that achievement back then, it didn't count demos that are killed if no player entered them beforehand. But it might be just my memory playing tricks on me.

Deleted
    You need to encounter an enemy team full of bots

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Yeah some of them are near impossible in random BG's, such as The Perfect Storm. Probably still hard to get with an organized team.
    I actually got that one in a random BG in WoD along with several other "Perfection" achieves. I made it a habit to rush the Horde's home bases right at the start on my mage, and it worked occasionally. Unfortunately, I'm still missing Flurry and haven't been able to get it in Legion. That Perfect Storm map had the bases being contested for too long to win in six minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It says I got it in 2010 but unless it got removed from the Mast of meta that doesn't make sense. I got Master in 2009.....

Either way....as people are saying it used to be MUCH easier to get. There is just way too much burst now. The vehicles have not scaled well at all. Before it would take a couple people a few seconds to destroy them and that was through constant attack. Now people can basically global them. Short of you just utterly steamrolling the other team you are probably SoL.