Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Dad appalled by daughter’s explicit homework question

11th grade? What's that 17?

I guess the teacher wanted to be entertaining.

I have no idea what the correct answer is.

http://www.newsweek.com/dad-appalled...onville-905124

A Florida father is appalled after a sexually explicit question appeared on his eleventh grade daughter’s homework assignment.

Omar Austin, of Jacksonville, initially thought the question—which his daughter brought to his attention—was a joke she found on social media. But Austin quickly learned it was in fact, a real part of her anatomy class assignment.

He took to Facebook to share the multiple choice question, which said, “Ursula was devastated when her boyfriend broke up with her after having sex. To get revenge, she had sex with his best friend the next day. Ursula had a beautiful baby girl nine months later. Ursula has type O blood, her ex-boyfriend has AB blood and his best friend is type A blood. If her baby daddy is her ex-boyfriend what could the possible blood type(s) of her baby NOT be.”

It’s not the term “baby daddy” which originally shocked him; Austin said he is used to hearing that in today’s society. Rather, it’s the scenario depicted in the assignment which left him infuriated.

“What truly upset me is the fact that they’re talking about revenge sex,” Austin told Newsweek. “Talking about a teenager having revenge sex, or a person for that matter, having revenge sex to get back at someone, is not something I think is appropriate at any level. It’s not something that’s accepted in the workplace and it’s not something that is typically accepted socially. So, why should it be accepted on a scholastic level?”

The next morning, he brought the assignment to the attention of his daughter’s principal at Westside High School in Jacksonville, who claimed he’d look into it. Austin said the principal’s response was “nonchalant.”

Duval County Public Schools has since released a statement calling the question “highly inappropriate” and citing that it wasn’t part of a district assessment, First Coast News reports.

“Appropriate and corrective action will be taken,” the statement said.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    My high school physics problems were all like that. Our teacher wanted to make them fun, which it was!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It teaches the kids about something that actually happens in life though even if it is the type of question normally not seen on a high school students worksheets. Also, if his daughter is taking anatomy, then she is taking college level classes and that would be something taught there.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

I honestly don't see a problem with the assignment. At my school we had sex ed at age 13.

Deleted
    I'd look at the teacher who wrote the question

How prude do you have to be to find something like this appalling? I mean this is not directed at 10 year olds...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    “What truly upset me is the fact that they’re talking about revenge sex,” Austin told Newsweek. “Talking about a teenager having revenge sex, or a person for that matter, having revenge sex to get back at someone, is not something I think is appropriate at any level. It’s not something that’s accepted in the workplace and it’s not something that is typically accepted socially. So, why should it be accepted on a scholastic level?”
    Ah, I see where the confusion lies. Here we have an idiot who can't distinguish between talking about something and actually doing something. And where in the question is it mentioned that anyone involved is a teenager? Or is he also one of those idiots who think that no one has sex outside of marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    How prude do you have to be to find something like this appalling? I mean this is not directed at 10 year olds...
    it's appalling because it normalizes behaving like a degenerate profligate.

fucking disgusting is all i have to say about it. wretched subhuman mongrels need beaten.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Ah, I see where the confusion lies. Here we have an idiot who can't distinguish between talking about something and actually doing something. And where in the question is it mentioned that anyone involved is a teenager? Or is he also one of those idiots who think that no one has sex outside of marriage?
    Sure but what if the question was about an angry rapist who roofied a girl to get revenge sex

Sure, there's a difference between talking about something and actually doing something, but that sort of stuff doesn't need to be in a homework question about blood types

7+ Year Old Account
    I find the whole situation to be pretty funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    it's appalling because it normalizes behaving like a degenerate profligate.

fucking disgusting is all i have to say about it. wretched subhuman mongrels need beaten.
    ^ Now this is disgusting, the homework question isn't.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Sure but what if the question was about an angry rapist who roofied a girl to get revenge sex

Sure, there's a difference between talking about something and actually doing something, but that sort of stuff doesn't need to be in a homework question about blood types
    lol

What if it was about cutting off the head of your enemies and drinking their blood because you think compatible blood types give you special warrior powers? Who gives a shit about pointless what ifs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I agree that the only way revenge sex should be included in a school assignment is when listing immature things. And that's already a pretty weird assignment.

Why couldnt they just have a threesome.

Ursula seems like shes mentally unstable and her ex dodged a bullet.. his poor friend though, locked into batshit crazy payments for 18 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Ursula seems like shes mentally unstable and her ex dodged a bullet.. his poor friend though, locked into batshit crazy payments for 18 years.
    *shrug* He could just have said no. Or, I dunno, use protection.

the answer is Abortion, duh...

/s
    :drum:
    ... can you make a sarcastic joke about abortion in the forum rules?

Tho are we to believe an actual adult used the phrase "babby daddy" in an unironic fashion?
    Or starts the last sentence without re-identifying the subject.

$50 on C/D, leaning more towards C, without googling I thought you needed both parents to be O to receive O blood
    Last edited by Glnger; 2018-04-29 at 11:14 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta ask a general question: did none of you have homework questions that involved some police investigator solving a murder or something like that?

I mean, there's murder and nobody bats an eye.

Sex gets mentioned and everyone goes insane.

Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Not so - either could be the father with the information we have. If the child has type B, it's the ex's, if A it could be either's, but we're not told the baby's blood type.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    lol

What if it was about cutting off the head of your enemies and drinking their blood because you think compatible blood types give you special warrior powers? Who gives a shit about pointless what ifs?
    I agree - that blood drinking thing is also kinda weird for a homework question

Maybe it's not that harmful to put sexual violence and cannibalism in homework questions, but I just don't think it's a good or necessary thing either

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Not so - either could be the father with the information we have. If the child has type B, it's the ex's, if A it could be either's, but we're not told the baby's blood type.
    it's asking us to rule out what the baby's blood could not be.
    My money is on O

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I agree - that blood drinking thing is also kinda weird for a homework question
    ya, this question is kind of Twilighty, ain't it?

Personally I think they should start phrasing their math questions like this

"Ursula got plowed 20 days ago, and just found out she's pregnant. If her boyfriends name is max and her side guy's name is xander. How many days does she have left before her life is ruined with an unwanted pregnancy?"... gotta make kids feel the stresses of life!
    Last edited by Glnger; 2018-04-29 at 11:24 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.