Deleted

Resto Shaman BFA

Sadly this man doesn't have Beta access. Hows the resto shaman coming along, i'm torn between the resto shaman, disc priest and holy paladin to main for BFA.

anyone got beta access and had a chance to play them a bit to give us unlucky sods and idea of how they are playing and feel?

From the commentaries I've watched on youtube it seems promising in both raid and M+, I got the beta today so I will test healing specs myself because I'm pretty much on the same boat as yourself: trying to decide what healer to pick for BfA.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Deleted
    good luck with the beta, let me know what you think of the healers as i can't pick at the moment all the videos aren't broad enough to make an opinion on without playing it.

Right now you can have: Downpour, Healing Rain, and Wellspring (current build). However, aside from loss of AG, not much difference.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caranthir nine View Post
    From the commentaries I've watched on youtube it seems promising in both raid and M+
    I don't know about raid, but I'm rather concerned for it in m+. The number tuning is butchered at the moment so it's hard to tell, but the loss of defensive artifact traits and AG is something I'm not looking forward to.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Rshaman feels super bland, but so does quite a lot of healers at the moment. The pruning hit hard, and it feels like you are playing an extremely baseline version of your legion spec. You basically use the same 4 spells, and sometimes a HTT/HST

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTiddles View Post
    I don't know about raid, but I'm rather concerned for it in m+. The number tuning is butchered at the moment so it's hard to tell, but the loss of defensive artifact traits and AG is something I'm not looking forward to.
    Don't we have a cheat death talent now though? I'm hoping that helps. I don't have beta but I thought a final boss first pass video mentioned it. I'm not too sad with AG going. It always seemed like a weird talent when we had Ascendance but I know a lot of people loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    I'm not too sad with AG going. It always seemed like a weird talent when we had Ascendance but I know a lot of people loved it.
    AG adds 20% on 3 injured targets -(so 60%) with a big range. Double dips from Cloudburst totem, and abusing this was one of the interesting things of the spec.
    Ascendance adds 100% split on all close range targets, injured or not, which overheals a lot. Only feeds CBT.

AG is better in most raiding situations. Ascendance should be used with AG (or with Velen) basically.
    I'd gladly trade ascendance for AG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Don't we have a cheat death talent now though? I'm hoping that helps. I don't have beta but I thought a final boss first pass video mentioned it. I'm not too sad with AG going. It always seemed like a weird talent when we had Ascendance but I know a lot of people loved it.
    It can cheat death but only if the overkill doesn't outdamage your cheat death heal. And if it kills you over 35% with one swoop it won't kick in either right now on the beta, which is supposedly a bug. We hope.

All in all, it's an extra defensive but let's not pretend it's purgatory, cauterize or the rogue cheat. It also competes with Graceful Spirit (which is always nice on fights that have a section like Imonar bridge) and Wind Rush Totem (which is useful on a lot of fights in Antorus). Doubt I'd take it in raids, definitely would in M+.

Like someone said as well, most healers feel a bit bland right now due to the loss of artifact traits. I've played Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman and Resto Druid, and while all 3 are looking solid again for BfA, they are a bit boring. But i'll take boring performance over a fun shit show
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2018-05-09 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    It can cheat death but only if the overkill doesn't outdamage your cheat death heal. And if it kills you over 35% with one swoop it won't kick in either right now on the beta, which is supposedly a bug. We hope.

All in all, it's an extra defensive but let's not pretend it's purgatory, cauterize or the rogue cheat. It also competes with Graceful Spirit (which is always nice on fights that have a section like Imonar bridge) and Wind Rush Totem (which is useful on a lot of fights in Antorus). Doubt I'd take it in raids, definitely would in M+.

Like someone said as well, most healers feel a bit bland right now due to the loss of artifact traits. I've played Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman and Resto Druid, and while all 3 are looking solid again for BfA, they are a bit boring. But i'll take boring performance over a fun shit show
    Yeah, I see it mostly as a mythic+ talent myself. Hopefully most classes seem bland and boring because of gear. I know when I did TW on my mage, the lack of haste really made me want to pull my hair out. Hopefully it's something like that plus not having all the Azerite gear or whatever is the new leggos/artifact stuff in BFA.

Deleted
    healing rain looks nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Champen89 View Post
    healing rain looks nice
    Has something changed with HR?

Deleted
    healing rain looks nice
    Has something changed with HR?

Deleted
    healing rain looks nice
    healing rain has always looked nice

10+ Year Old Account
    deleted comment..
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2018-07-03 at 02:49 PM.