Poll: Are you excited for the "Bounty hunter" system coming in BFA?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Bounty hunter mode, do you like it?

I am not a huge pvp player, but i love the idea of the bounty hunter mode they are bringing, for those wondering.
    You will be able to get a small amount of conquest points by killing players out in the world, now if you kill too many you will get a bounty on your head, allowing those also tagged for pvp to see you on the minimap and be targeted as a "High priority target" allowing them to get bonus conquest for killing you.

Do you think this system will be fun, do you think this system will help in part of reviving world pvp, and you lot ready for threads of people bragging about how they got 50 kills as a "high priority target" without dying?

Also return of conquest points hyyype, no more rng gearing in pvp, now if only we got the return of badges in PVE like in wotlk...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Yes I think it we be very fun. But need to add some incentive for bounty-target faction to protect him/her maybe? And the rewards should be sufficient, otherwise no one will bother.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonnamilkyou View Post
    Yes I think it we be very fun. But need to add some incentive for bounty-target faction to protect him/her maybe? And the rewards should be sufficient, otherwise no one will bother.
    Well the rewards will be more conquest then you get for a normal kill, presumbly more based on the more the person killed.
    Also i dont think they need an incentive to defend someone? that person should be on their own, and others of their faction may wish to defend them for the fact they now know where the other faction will be as they will go for that bounty person.

so both are covered.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Also i dont think they need an incentive to defend someone? that person should be on their own, and others of their faction may wish to defend them for the fact they now know where the other faction will be as they will go for that bounty person.
    If its even shown on the same faction map. Blizzard may just as well implement it same way as current towers, so that you have no idea which tower is being attacked and even where exactly they are located

As long as they keep tanks weak and multiboxers out of pvp yeah it looks promising I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I like it. I do have some questions though.

• How many people do I have to kill before I have a bounty placed on me? Is that number set, or does it vary?
    • Does the bounty on my head continually increase the more people I kill, and are there "levels" to the bounty system (like GTA wanted levels, minus NPCs coming after you of course), and for that matter what is the bounty for killing me once I have one, I presume bonus conquest points and/or maybe gold for the killer(s)?
    • Do I show up on mini maps or just the large zone map? Additionally, I presume stealth still works (DH ability aside) for those with bounties on their heads?
    • What is the reward (if any) for getting a bounty placed on your head? Like do any additional kills I get while having a bounty on my head earn me bonus conquest points, gold, or loot?
    • Do bounties transfer zones with you? Do they clear instantly once you reach a sanctuary, like porting to Dalaran, or does it last until some kills you (persists through logging out), or is it strictly based on time?
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2018-05-01 at 02:35 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Not going to say either way until I see it, but it hopefully stops someone just completely curbstomping the zone if there's particularly bad WPVP balance / a group farming people up - should prompt a response, so sounds good on paper.

Not sure, first off i think this PvP mode will turn into a Rogue,Dk,DH wankfest anyway, so classes such as Priest or Shaman better stay out of it.
    Next to that, will it grant sight on stealth classes?

But i don't see how it also prevents people from just grouping up and mopping the floor with random people, especially in World PvP where basically all gimmick items are allowed, shitton of stuff available to get away or just overpower people.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely maybe this is a good thing. Might help limit repeated gankings, but without more specifics unknown.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

I see it as an alternative feature, which is one more activity to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaina Proudmoore View Post
    I see it as an alternative feature, which is one more activity to enjoy.
    Well we pretty much lose wpvp for it so. ...

This sounds fun. I am looking forward to trying it out.

I think this is a good first attempt at making world pvp into something unique and fun

Deleted
    Sounds fun, yes.

the more cool stuff/systems included in war mode, the better. I will never turn it off anyway, so its just bonus on top of bonus

For some reason I foresee people killing many people so they get a bounty on their head, and once they do, they just go to a city and turn pvp mode off so others aren't after them in return. I wonder what happens when it's reactivated, is the bounty head reset? Or is it always on until that player is finally killed? I suppose the latter will fix the problem I mentioned.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the absolute options in the poll, not like someone could have a neutral or middling opinion. At the moment, no I don't like the idea of the Bounty Hunter system. Other than knowing that it highlights a player with a load of enemy kills and gives a bigger conquest reward than killing a regular player the system hasn't really been fleshed out or detailed enough for me to be indifferent or agreeable to it.

For example, what's the benefit to a player being tagged as a bounty? Do they get a conquest multiplier that increases with time as they stay marked and killing players in a zone or some kind of buff to make it easier to kill enemy players? What's stopping players from hearthing out and flipping off PvP in a capital city and flipping it back on to reset the bounty if it even persists outside a zone? Do other players in your faction even have an investment in keeping their fellow member alive? Do they get a reward for keeping them alive or defending from them waves of enemy players? How does someone even get marked for a bounty? Is it just a set number of kills or is it dependent on how long you've been PvPing in a zone? Are you more likely to get a bounty put on you for ganking lower levels or is it the same rate? Is it even worthwhile for enemy players to go after a bounty? Will the amount be static or will it grow the longer a bounty is available? Can a bounty be claimed by multiple players or is the player who claims it the one who deals the killing blow? How does the bounty system work with classes and specs like Rogues and Feral Druids? Are they unable to stealth whilst marked? What about tanks or classes with lots of self healing especially considering dampening isn't in the open world? How will the system work with multiboxers? And these are only off the top of my head.

Will it be fun? At the moment, no I don't think so. The idea of getting nuked by a bunch of enemy players for being good at PvP sounds pretty bad and for the bounty hunters, if their target can just hearth, zone out or stealth through with no issues then that won't be fun. Will it revive World PvP? Isn't that what the War Mode is supposed to do? Bounties might attract some people because achievements and just to try out but unless the rewards and War Mode are amazing I doubt it will draw a huge crowd for World PvP.

Edit: Actually now that I think about it, Blizzard has done this system before. In Blackrook Arena and Ashran, in Blackrook you get a stacking debuff that increases your damage and decreases your health and armour for each kill you have whilst Ashran has the artifact. Neither was that rewarding.
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2018-05-07 at 10:52 AM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

May be fun if tanks are nerfed and stealth not possible.

Honestly I won’t bother turning pvp on, so that mode doesn’t interest me. Sounds like something people will do a lot at the start but at the end it will be mostly forgotten.

I love it because it must suck to be you. Considering you will never kill me.