Children's Week 2018

Children's Week 2018
    This year, Children's Week will run from April 30th through May 7th. During this time, players can adopt orphans from capital cities and show them around the world to be rewarded with up to 10 holiday pets.

Adopt an Orphan or Three
    There are several orphans both Horde and Alliance players can adopt during Children's Week, each with individual quests lines to complete. Each quest line has several pets for you to choose from as a reward. Iif you already have all the pets, the Pet Care Package is an alternative reward which contains a variety of pet items.

Horde Orphans
    You can adopt the Orcish orphan Grunth from Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar and the Blood Elf orphan Salandria from Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City. You can adopt both orphans at the same time and complete their quest simultaneously.

Orcish Orphan - Grunth
    In order to pick up Children's Week from Orphan Matron Battlewail in Orgrimmar, you must be level 10 or above. Summon your orphan using the Orcish Orphan Whistle and complete the quest.

Three quests become available once you turn in Children's Week:

Once you complete these three quests, two more quests become available:

Once you complete these two quests, the final quest becomes available:

As a reward, you will be given a choice between a Pet Care Package, Curmudgeon's Payoff, or one of these pets:

Blood Elf Orphan - Salandria
    In order to pick up Children's Week from Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City, you must be level 60 or above. Summon your orphan using the Blood Elf Orphan Whistle and complete the quest.

As a reward, you will be given a choice between a Pet Care Package or one of the following pets:

Alliance Orphans
    You can adopt the Human orphan Randis from Orphan Matron Nightgale in Stormwind City and the Draenei orphan Dornaa from Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City. You can adopt both orphans at the same time and complete their quest simultaneously.

Human Orphan - Randis
    In order to pick up Children's Week from Orphan Matron Nightgale in Stormwind City, you must be level 10 or above. Summon your orphan using the Human Orphan Whistle and complete the quest.

As a reward, you will be given a choice between a Pet Care Package, Curmudgeon's Payoff or one of these pets:

Draenei Orphan - Dornaa
    In order to pick up Children's Week from Orphan Matron Mercy in Shattrath City, you must be level 60 or above. Summon your orphan using the Draenei Orphan Whistle and complete the quest.

Once you complete these three quests, three more quests become available:

As a reward, you will be given a choice between a Pet Care Package or one of the following pets:

Neutral Orphans
    Horde and Alliance players can choose either the Oracle orphan Roo or the Wolvar Orphan Kekek from Orphan Matron Aria in Dalaran (Northrend). You can only choose one orphan per character, so if you want both pets in the same year you can do so with an alt. In order to pick up these quests you must be level 70 or above.

Oracle Orphan - Roo
    Talk to Orphan Matron Aria and choose Little Orphan Roo Of The Oracles to receive the Oracle Orphan Whistle. Summon your orphan and you will be offered these quests.

Once you complete these quest, the final quest becomes available:

The first time you complete this quest on a character, you will be rewarded with the Curious Oracle Hatchling. If you complete it again on the same character, you will be able to choose between a Pet Care Package or a Curmudgeon's Payoff.

Wolvar Orphan - Kekek
    Talk to Orphan Matron Aria and choose Little Orphan Kekek Of The Wolvar to receive the Wolvar Orphan Whistle. Summon your orphan and you will be offered these quests.

Once you complete these quest, the final quest becomes available:

The first time you complete this quest on a character, you will be rewarded with the Curious Wolvar Pup. If you complete it again on the same character, you will be able to choose between a Pet Care Package or a Curmudgeon's Payoff.

Toys
    Two toys are available from Blax Bottlerocket in Orgrimmar and Craggle Wobbletop in Stormwind City only during Children's Week. You can only use these toys during the holiday as well.

Achievements
    Complete the following achievements to complete For The Children which awards you with the title 'Matron' or 'Patron' depending on your character's gender. For The Children is also required for What a Long Strange Trip It's Been that rewards the Reins of the Violet Proto-Drake, so be sure not to skip out if you're going for the mount!

The only achievement that is not part of the meta is Veteran Nanny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck to everyone venturing into BG's to get School of Hard Knock's done finally!

neutral faction confirmed. Kappa

I've had all the pets for many years now. They're not hard to get pretty fast when you have a number of alts. Wish they'd add a few new ones eventually.
    I can say I am VERY glad to have gotten the pvp parts of the meta done back when it was much easier to do. I feel sorry for people trying it now.

I'm still waiting to find out why the Bronze Flight were going to kill Dornaa. This is one of those lore questions that continues to haunt me. Who does she grow up to be? What does she grow up to do? Or NOT do? What did she do that warrants 2 Dragonkin to kill her on sight, AS A CHILD!!!!!!

@_@

damn, most of these pets look outdated now

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I'm still waiting to find out why the Bronze Flight were going to kill Dornaa. This is one of those lore questions that continues to haunt me. Who does she grow up to be? What does she grow up to do? Or NOT do? What did she do that warrants 2 Dragonkin to kill her on sight, AS A CHILD!!!!!!

@_@
    That bastard child took 2(2!!!!!) candy bars from them.

Nothing new this year?

Thats alright i wasnt in the mood to baby sit a little snot nose shit bag anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post

@_@
    Forgot all about that and tbh i think blizz has too! Its not like kids dont grow up in WoW i mean look at Anduin and Nomi!!

Those poor children haven't had anything in YEARS!

Children's Week has gone the longest without any kind of meaningful update. (Adding a toy you can buy for 50 silver in 2015 doesn't count as an update.) Legion even had the perfect opportunity for a lore-friendly new questline, since the Nightborne had children models and we were helping refugees from the city. It's pretty ridiculous. There should be a new child to bring around for every expansion.

It's also high time that there at least be some small reference or easter egg for the original children finally growing up and how they turned out. Pretty sure the human orphan started out roughly the same age as Anduin, and Anduin is now king. It'd be a nice touch.
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2018-05-02 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard has had many opportunities to update this event. Pandaria, could have had a pandaren kid, Warlords, could have had a brown skin orc kid or arakoa kid or another draenei kid. Legion, could have had a suramar elf kid or even make an actual tauren youth (that isn't just a shrunk down version of a tauren)

But no, lets instead hype up an event thats been the same year after year with nothing new to look forward to.