Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I would be happy if they got rid of lifetap...
    It's just not fun to play around, especially on high mythic+ dungeons.
    One less button to spam.

If you want to think of a lore reason for us to get rid of this spell we have it....We've progressed past the need for it. (while this doesn't really apply to new locks it does for the old timers) We've seen some shit, fought the Legion more than once. Stole one to three major artifacts out from the Legion's grasp. We should have learned how to gain power without using our own life. That's what others are for (thus Life Drain still exists). Our powers have expanded to the point we no longer need Life Tap.

Life tap sounds cool as an idea but gameplay wise it's not fun and I am glad is gone.
    I would rather use the GCD to cast something else on the move.

honestly i think they should try the 3 charge life tap (10% health for a soul shard, 45 second recharge) as baseline to keep the flavor but not the pain of mana
    would allow good warlocks to bank a few shards for priority targets adding a bit of gameplay
    Last edited by Morgomir; 2018-05-06 at 08:38 AM.
    I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This whole "iconic" shit needs to die in fire - forcing utter shit spells on class just because you consider it "iconic" in your head is not a good thing.
    Removing a spell because you consider it "utter shit" in your head isn't a good thing either.

You most likely misunderstood my message but regardless, even if the mana gets removed from the game, it doesn't mean the idea behind Life Tap can't be repurposed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    Removing a spell because you consider it "utter shit" in your head isn't a good thing either.

You most likely misunderstood my message but regardless, even if the mana gets removed from the game, it doesn't mean the idea behind Life Tap can't be repurposed.
    If you want abilities that give power for life you need to look into stuff like Dark Pact with dramatic instant effect that is pretty awesome.

Getting a shard or couple of shards is not that. As a whole I am happy that life tap is out, if you want to add risk/reward stuff as a class fantasy thing - there are much better options as opposed to tapping.

How about:
    "Lifetap: Increase your and your pet damage by 50%. You lose 10% max health per sec. Last until cancalled"
    Of course, percentages should be adjusted.
    This would be a healers nightmare!

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest this: Life Tap - cut yourself for 5% of your maximum HP, you will bleed for another 10% maximum HP over 12 seconds. Benefits: none. Flavor text: don't just go around cutting yourself, dumbass.

Life Tap gone is for the greater good. Played on beta and haven't missed it anytime. Hope they don't put it back for the sake of nostalgia in the future like they did with Shadowbolt.
    Thanks for the heads up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evertonbelmontt View Post
    Life Tap gone is for the greater good. Played on beta and haven't missed it anytime. Hope they don't put it back for the sake of nostalgia in the future like they did with Shadowbolt.
    Be sure you will have derps spamming forums about how Life Tap was the real deal and evul pruning destroyed everything because it pruned life tap.

Then they will bring life tap back and same derps will be like "WTF Blizz nobody asked for it! 111".

I can already see this.

Be sure you will have derps spamming forums about how Life Tap was the real deal and evul pruning destroyed everything because it pruned life tap.

Then they will bring life tap back and same derps will be like "WTF Blizz nobody asked for it! 111".

I can already see this.
    If I had one more wish to be granted for the sake of the greater good it would have to do with Soul Stone. Remove the cast time while in combat or remove cast time altogether.

I saw in some of the datamined texts it had it's cast time removed. Can't imagine how letdown I was when I discovered it was a typo. Another expac having to rely on a 3 sec cast because the other Bress is dead or out of range or whatever his excuse is.

Holy shit how I hate having to cast that in the middle of a boss fight (dungeons, raids, doesn't matter).

EDIT: I'm probably too mad for thinking about it but I even thought it could be better if I hadn't a Bress (which in my right mind I wouldn't even consider).
    Last edited by evertonbelmontt; 2018-05-06 at 03:53 PM.
    Thanks for the heads up!

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: I'm probably too mad for thinking about it but I even thought it could be better if I hadn't a Bress (which in my right mind I wouldn't even consider).
    Yeahno... I certainly share the cast time sentiment, but saying I'd rather not have something as opposed having something on cast time is pushing that edge too much.

Yeahno... I certainly share the cast time sentiment, but saying I'd rather not have something as opposed having something on cast time is pushing that edge too much.
    I agree. But this is EXACTLY the kind of feedback Ion says is most valuable for the team: "What feels bad, how does it feel bad, why you want it changed and you personal experience with it".

I want the cast time removed because it costed me some wipes in Mythic + Helya, because it takes FOREVER to cast and because basically all other Bresses are instant cast (lol).

They should take notes on how annoying it is based on that extreme thought.
    Thanks for the heads up!

With life tap gone you can change specs now - have close to zero mana - and dps away without running short - useful when levelling or in dungeons when a spec change would be useful.

I agree. But this is EXACTLY the kind of feedback Ion says is most valuable for the team: "What feels bad, how does it feel bad, why you want it changed and you personal experience with it".

I want the cast time removed because it costed me some wipes in Mythic + Helya, because it takes FOREVER to cast and because basically all other Bresses are instant cast (lol).

They should take notes on how annoying it is based on that extreme thought.
    Ugh, everything feels bad if there is some other spec who can do that thing better.
    I never EVER read any feedback that wanted to get rid of homogenization via removing 30-40% of spells from every spec.
    Hell, with the massive grinds alts needed in Legion, no one would even notice that specs feel similar because of "homogenization". Surely the epitome of homogenization was MoP, and even there were MASSIVE changes from spec-to-spec.

Now? It's all boring. Good job Ion, here's your feedback.

if life tap comes back i hope it comes as something like 2-3 minute powerful cd that takes a sizeable portion of your health for a big damage increase, or something of that flavor. The main problem of lifetap was that it didnt really deliver on the flavor because it was just something you pressed every x seconds to maintain mana. You didn't feel more powerful doing it, it was just a necessity.

I think they pruned life tap to give it to the new class comming after bfa. To give it time to settle and feel like a "new ability". The San'layn - undead high elves . Their specialty from what we know from the icecrown bosses is blood magic. Sooo here's where they give them life tap. And seporate them with this "unique" ability!
    Last edited by Hellbourn; 2018-05-07 at 01:41 PM.

The best warlock change in bfa by far is removing lifetap. It was nothing more than an annoying button you had to hit in the rotation for no real reason at all other than just to hit a button to get something most classes get baseline and passively.

Not even sure why mana is still there haha

Quote Originally Posted by Hellbourn View Post
    I think they pruned life tap to give it to the new class comming after bfa. To give it time to settle and feel like a "new ability". The San'layn - undead high elves . Their specialty from what we know from the icecrown bosses is blood magic. Sooo here's where they give them life tap. And seporate them with this "unique" ability!
    I'll be really amused if they took another core traditional warlock spell (albeit one most people aren't too keen on) and give it to another class. Man, warlock really is where they throw all the spells they can't think of a better place for I guess.