Poll: Do you like Havoc in BFA?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

need to see all azerite traits to say...

They are fine, but hope they can add more things, and wish that demonic build will be a competitive option

I've played dh all legion as a main, i have 970ilvl not bad dh atm. And i can say bfa dh not bad but need a bit more work. Losing bloodlet too bad for me for world pve and pvp also m+.

But gaining alternative ways to play good thing.

And with higher stats + azerite traits it will be better than legion im %100 sure.

I will only miss bloodlet + ranged fel barrage.

Poll options are garbage. Make a simple yes/no instead of making snarky comments attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerDH View Post
    "Add in new GCD and playing a slow motion DH becomes real"
    I keep seeing this on some posts not only for DH, am I missing something they didn't increase the base GCD on abilities they just added offensive CD and some defensives. For Havoc they added Nemesis, Nether Walk, and Darkness, Nemesis is once every two minutes and how often do you netherwalk/darkness, the base rotation between nemesises shouldn't be any slower then on live at least GCD-wise other then having a lot less haste which does effect the GCD but should get better with gear. I am not saying other class changes don't slow down the rotation but specifically the GCD change shouldn't really effect Havoc that much.

Deleted
    I'm trying a lot of DH Havoc in Beta and the idea I got is the following:

- The spec, base line is really poor. In fact, the spells that build the rotation are very few, but above all they are completely disconnected from each other.
    It translates everything with:
    - Generate fury with Dbite
    - Use EB (30 sec CD)
    - St: consumes fury with CS
    - 3+ Target use BD (9 sec CD scaling with haste)
    - 4+ Traget use FR
    Also base line DH Havoc does not possess passive ones that help rotation or give a touch of coplessity (all classes have at least one pair except DH Havoc).
    It would be nice to have passive as: for each enemy hit by FR increases the damage of the next BD by 10%

- Tree of talents to be reviewed or better balanced:
    1) currently there are some talents that are not very competitive like
    Tail of ruin, Fel Mastery, Cycle of Hatred that, as happened in legion, will make
    the choice of some talents, mandatory.
    An example is Fel Barrage and Dark Slash.
    2) I am perplexed by the position of some talents like Demonic Appetite.
    Honestly I can not understand why break the perfect synergy between Blind
    Eye and Demoinc Appettite.
    3) Talents for the generation of fury to be reviewed.
    I admit that I'm not a fan of Demon Bite and the less I use it, the more I am
    happy. I say this because DBite makes the rotation very woody, thanks
    also to the GCD and the fury cap too low. This also happens in legion, how
    many DH when they have to use Dbite says: "Oh no! Now I have to spam DBite".
    This is because, in addition to generating a little piece of fury DBite does not
    carry any other beneficial for example some kind of proc or buff and the
    damage is really low. This unfortunately is not mitigated by any kind of talent.
    the only one is insatiable hunger that I think should be rethought with for
    example an increase in DBite damage.
    The counterpart of DBite, DBlade is even worse. Currently the only way
    using it is combined with fel Blade and momentum and despite everything
    dead times are not lacking. Too much RNG. Outside of Fel Blade and
    Momentum this talent is almost unusable.
    The only noteworthy is immolation aura although I have some reservations
    regarding the type of damage and the cd a bit 'too long.
    Fel Blade as a spell is not bad but the fire damage does not make sense.
    Blind Eye designed to be used in combination with DA, the head
    legendary and the traits of the artifact now makes no sense to stay in this
    state. Demoinc Appetite is currently the only talent able to guarantee effective
    generation of fury.
    4) Dark slash: in my opinion it is good as a talent to help the dps of dh every 20
    seconds is what was missing in legion. This talent, however, is strictly
    connected to the generation of fury to be capitalized. From the different tests
    that I did, the only way to use it effectively is to use it in combination with
    IA and DA.
    5) Momentum talent: I hope it will be removed. This of course is mine
    personal opinion, I've always hated it. The benefits that this talent brings not
    they never exceed the risks and in many scenarios is inapplicable. Right now,
    me seems to have had an eye on respect to the other two talents that
    they remained untouched and this makes me doubtful whether to use DH as
    main for the next expansion because of this talent and the style of game-play
    that we are forced to use.
    6) Nemesis in my opinion to be completely revised. It already does not make
    much sense in legion and I was hoping for some sort of rework in bfa.

- Cleave damage too low:
    This was one of the biggest problems of dh during legion expansion and unfortunately now in bfa it's even worse. I am in favor of joining Tail of ruin to first blood and instead of ToR re-inserting bloodlet talent.

Honestly, I hope that the dh is not finished and that maybe a good job done at the fury war is coming for us because currently the DH Havoc is really very boring to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Poll options are garbage. Make a simple yes/no instead of making snarky comments attached.
    Poll is basically, "This is how I feel, do you agree?"

OP perspective is that that only good thing is party buff, so the only reason that anyone would like BfA is for that reason.

I don't quite understand the mage argument (and this is not the first place that I have seen it). Havoc and literally any mage class have very very little in common. Maybe I'm missing something.

The really weird thing to me is that there seem to be very little changes to Havoc when compared to other classes. Many classes got complete overhauls and lost spec-critical artifact weapon abilities or Legendary effects. Perhaps this is another perspective thing, but the only notable "losses" to Havoc are loss of Anger of the Half Giants, Rabadon's, T21 set Bonuses, and massive reduction of crit from end-of-expansion to beginning-of-expansion. Now on the contrary, there are gains with Dark Slash and Immolation Aura, with a maybe-good maybe-bad change to Fel Barrage.

My biggest concern is whether or not the fel rush bug still exists, because it appears that Momentum will return to be a viable spec early on, just as it was at the start of Legion before set bonuses and changes that made Demonic builds so strong.
    Last edited by Narabug; 2018-05-29 at 03:21 PM.

I don't have Beta but an IRL friend does and he plays Havoc. He tested Havoc for several days...uninstalled Beta and cancelled his sub. I told him he is over-reacting, it's Beta. He said that he was "disgusted" by the way Havoc felt and testing that "garbage" was a waste of time. His biggest complaints were Fury gen, Fury cap and having no crit. He played Havoc all of Legion and now he is gone. I'm sure he will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    I keep seeing this on some posts not only for DH, am I missing something they didn't increase the base GCD on abilities they just added offensive CD and some defensives. For Havoc they added Nemesis, Nether Walk, and Darkness, Nemesis is once every two minutes and how often do you netherwalk/darkness, the base rotation between nemesises shouldn't be any slower then on live at least GCD-wise other then having a lot less haste which does effect the GCD but should get better with gear. I am not saying other class changes don't slow down the rotation but specifically the GCD change shouldn't really effect Havoc that much.
    The other abilities were already on the GCD thats why, they just added what was missing. Then they made the GCD go from 1s to 1.5s.
    for melee. Trying to fit in damage to our Dark Slash and Meta windows feels really bad right now with the fury cap. We spend as much time building as spending and it just blows.

Sure we have a ton less haste and no t21 so its going to feel really slow. But it feels really slow. You will really enjoy the numerous trash packs and farming normal dungeons when BFA comes out. Thats when you realize just how slow your class and all the other classes feel.
    Last edited by GamerDH; 2018-05-29 at 11:54 PM.

There is no way to reduce the cd of eyebeam.. so .. no way eyebeam everything. its more like eyebeam cd waiting simulator currently in beta. because every other skill does no dmg.

My problems with DH as it stands:

1. Outside of Fel Barrage (Talent) and Eyebeam (30s CD), aoe feels nonexistent. They should have given Throw Glaive two charges and baked Bloodlet into it baseline, still not sure why they got rid of it in the first place.

2. Fury pool is too small, overcapping is rampant and constantly needing to press DBite isn't fun or engaging... it just cramps my finger.

3. Momentum, unless fights are designed with enough room for us to zip all over the place and not get destroyed by boss abilities I'll never support it. Would feel much better in my opinion if the buff lasted longer at a slightly lower power.

4. Vengeful Retreat for fury? Already awkward enough as it is but then also requiring it to hit something in order to even work? Thats just excessive.

5. Trail of Ruin feels underpowered.

6. Everyone, not just DH but many specs, ultimately feel like things are balanced around what Azerite Powers will be which just leaves most classes feeling unfinished baseline.

Have a feeling I'll probably just go back to my rogue or maybe play a monk. Least the with rogue I know I'll have some useful utility for M+.

Deleted
    Maybe I was too expansive to explain why I will not choose DH as main in BFA and maybe I did it in the wrong thread.
    I only say one last thing:
    I can not understand why this class must always be left last, compared to the others and I really regret to see that the blizz does not get any clarification about it.
    It is clear that at present this spec does not work well and how 3/4 of the class, designed to work in legion have remained unchanged.
    Now after more than 6 months from the presentation of the alpha, iterations and feedback there have been many but everything has remained almost unchanged.

This class does not know peace.

5+ Year Old Account
    Kids just need to deal with it, hero class OP only on intro expac ; same was done to dk in cata = they balancing it out with other pleb classes so DH would not 1vs3pvp with closed eyes. They took off stun form chaos nova but still DH has all types of cc as it now (incap,disor,stun) so no DR on their CC, and that better deal that half of other classes have, they even give DH "Consume magic". Just learn to play balanced class like DKs did)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Deleted
    My parents have taught me that before giving an opinion it is good to know what you are talking about, which after reading your post it seems to me that you do not have knowledge of the class.

I've been playing this class for more than 2 years now, I've done m + (my best is a 23 in time) I've done several bosses in mythic mode and a lot of pvp. I think that in this period, something I understood about how this class works.

1) it is obvious that you have not tried the beta class.

2) The DH has never been the OP class during legion maybe a discrete class with its merits but also its many faults.
    At the moment, speaking of numbers in Antorus in mitic progression we are among the last DPS. And speaking of M + the DH is great as a tank but as a dps definitely there are classes stronger than us with better stun better aoe and so on.

Now explain to me where we would be OP only for the fact that we have two stun and double jump and the rest?

I give advice, Kids, try this class in beta and then we'll talk about it.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Kids just need to deal with it, hero class OP only on intro expac ; same was done to dk in cata = they balancing it out with other pleb classes so DH would not 1vs3pvp with closed eyes. They took off stun form chaos nova but still DH has all types of cc as it now (incap,disor,stun) so no DR on their CC, and that better deal that half of other classes have, they even give DH "Consume magic". Just learn to play balanced class like DKs did)
    it has nothing to do with being OP and everything to do with how the class plays, which currently feels bad because their resource caps at 100 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Why the hell the poll have such shitty options? Why this cant have just simple I Like it/I dont like it/Im not sure yet? Hard to take results seriously when most people just refuse to vote.