Thread: Prestige in BfA

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Forum League of Legends

It's exponential exp-- not linear, but yeah they'll be added together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    Short off topic question:
    Is there an addon which shows the combined honor of all twinks? Altoholic showed in in older expansions when it was a currency but not in legion.
    https://wowinterface.com/downloads/i...alculator.html

I saw the achievements for prestige 200+ somewhere. It's looking like "prestige" will just be a bar to fill that's bound to your account.

not Ideal, but I much prefer account wide honor because, so you feel more free in playing around on alts. Which I rather enjoy
    Last edited by Glnger; 2018-05-27 at 09:20 PM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Deleted
    Fantastic. Thanks

Deleted
    Do you guys think the Honor required will stay like this? Cuz according to the addon Prestige 26 right now is 1.1 million honor and gets you the Tactician title. In BfA Honor level 300 grants you the Tactician title and requires 2.6(!) million honor. That would be anyone playing on a character that is Prestige 26 right now would first need to farm 2.6-1.1=1.5 million Honor before they are back at where they were in BfA.

Deleted
    Again the same rewards???is a joke???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blasic View Post
    Again the same rewards???is a joke???
    That worst part is.
    If you're at max Prestige/Honor on live (25P/50H). That translates to being at Honor level 129 on BfA. So you DON'T GET ANY REWARDS FOR 271 HONOR LEVELS, until you reach 400.

I guess if you're honor maxed on one toon, you should start doing towers/brawls on any other max level toons over the next two months so you don't have quite so long a slog to the next reward in the new system.

It's fucked.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

So Blizzard is shitting on people that have strictly been pvping on 1 char, and rewarding the players that pvp on multiple chars. I have been prestige capped for like half a year. And any honor I would have gotten past that is just gone. But Mr. Plays a lot of classes over there will be able to get a ton of extra levels for putting in 0 more effort than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    So Blizzard is shitting on people that have strictly been pvping on 1 char, and rewarding the players that pvp on multiple chars. I have been prestige capped for like half a year. And any honor I would have gotten past that is just gone. But Mr. Plays a lot of classes over there will be able to get a ton of extra levels for putting in 0 more effort than I did.
    You played alot and mr. classes also played alot, you both get same reward. whats the problem?

No we don't. I have not been getting any honor since I got prestige capped. While people that play on several chars has been able to potentially rack up several capped prestiges, without actually doing more pvp than I have on 1 character. Yet when the honor merge happens they will have a big lead as far as new honor levels go.

edit: My point is that my current max prestige puts me at honor level 125 or something around that in BfA prepatch. Honor level 300 is what gives the same reward as current max prestige. So I will have to farm all the way up to 300 before I can start working towards the new rewards. while someone that has more honor spread amongst many chars can potentially get alot closer to honor level 300.
    Last edited by CheeseDoodlez; 2018-06-22 at 11:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No we don't. I have not been getting any honor since I got prestige capped. While people that play on several chars has been able to potentially rack up several capped prestiges, without actually doing more pvp than I have on 1 character. Yet when the honor merge happens they will have a big lead as far as new honor levels go.

edit: My point is that my current max prestige puts me at honor level 125 or something around that in BfA prepatch. Honor level 300 is what gives the same reward as current max prestige. So I will have to farm all the way up to 300 before I can start working towards the new rewards. while someone that has more honor spread amongst many chars can potentially get alot closer to honor level 300.
    I agree. I'm in a similar boat. Been capped on my main since January, haven't been earning any because I mostly just play the one guy. I feel like we should be placed on the new system where the highest reward we earned in the old system. So for maxed out players, at honor level 300. It's absurd that I'll be somewhere in the 130-140 honor level range with zero tangible reward until honor level 400. That's like the entire Legion honor grind, twice over, just to get to something new.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted

I wouldn't overestimate the amount of people that have that are prestige capped on multiple characters. The amount of time that requires (which is huge) only makes it for the very few.

Personally I currently have one char capped at prestige 25, with the other eleven chars at at least level 1, bur most of them not at or past level 2. That spread gave me about 50 extra honor levels on beta, so I'm at just past Level 175 when it hits.
    On the one hand you can complain that you have to get the levels to get new rewards, but on the other hand if you have at least Level 80 you get all PvP artifact colors for free on EVERY class. Also keep in mind that the pacing of the levels may be different, so for all we know those levels to the new rewards will fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    ... Also keep in mind that the pacing of the levels may be different, so for all we know those levels to the new rewards will fly by.
    They certainly won't. They are going the same direction of the crap artifact grind, which 'was not supposed to end'.

As it is right now, to get to the same point of a lv25 prestige you need more than double the 'effort/time/honor'.

So to be at the same point as you are now if you are prestige 25, you need to do the entire legion grind again and some. I would bet the last 100 honor (400-500) will require even more honor, making it even longer than twice the legion grind just for the last 100 levels.

So, more levels, rewards are further apart in levels. Is this gonna make earning things like 10x longer? I quit trying to earn any of this stuff cause it just takes too long for someone who doesn't solely pvp, or isn't lucky enough to get into winning rateds.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

At least your issue is getting fixed in BFA right?

So. Can we gain honor while leveling in BFA or is it like Legion where you don't unlock the honor stuff until capped? I'd really like to PVP people to death while leveling but if there's no honor progress involved it's a waste of time.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

I believe I heard a blue post saying that the cap will be going from 25 to 80...and the rewards will be stretched out as well, so you better get as many prestiges while you still can under the 25 system

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    I wouldn't overestimate the amount of people that have that are prestige capped on multiple characters. The amount of time that requires (which is huge) only makes it for the very few.

Personally I currently have one char capped at prestige 25, with the other eleven chars at at least level 1, bur most of them not at or past level 2. That spread gave me about 50 extra honor levels on beta, so I'm at just past Level 175 when it hits.
    On the one hand you can complain that you have to get the levels to get new rewards, but on the other hand if you have at least Level 80 you get all PvP artifact colors for free on EVERY class. Also keep in mind that the pacing of the levels may be different, so for all we know those levels to the new rewards will fly by.
    That's a huge deal though. 50 honor levels will likely take a couple months to grind through. Just to put it into perspective, 130 honor levels was the entire Legion grind.

Furthermore, you have zero rewards to look forward to until honor level 400. So that's about 270 honor levels of nothing. 270 levels is twice the entire Legion grind.
    That's like a full year or more of daily PvPing just to get to the first reward.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

The 500 honor level mount is basically 4 legion max prestiges, as a max prestige got me 138 honor levels. Each level is 8800 honor. After 500, the system is infinite and honor levels seem to carry on forever with no reward. If they dont increase the honor gain and stick to the same gains we had in legion, most people arent going to see that mount for a very long time.

At blizzcon they said they were giving us some sort of box like they get in other games for each level gained, i wonder what happened to that.