Class ring in sims

Hello everyone. How are you? I hope you are fine!

When I do sims the class ring always turns out being bad... for an example, when I sim for ST, the sims always tell me to use the belt...

Maybe the sims can't calculate the full benefit of Death's Embrace?

The sims have already been adjusted to reflect the damage better with Netherlord.

Perhaps you have a weak belt.

Just because something sims higher it doesn't automatically mean you should use it.

If you want the execute damage and DE is not appropriate then have at it.

If you adjust your time in combat < 4mins. Raid bots might sim the ring higher.
    The relative difference between not using the ring and using the ring is minimal.
    If you feel that you need that extra execute, and can really take advantage of it. Use it.
    Considering the stats that you receive from the belt specifically intellect -
    also that the belt indirectly benefits from T21 4pc allowing to maintain the debuff more consistently.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.

It really depends on your stat weights and what you have for another option as a belt.
    I was stuck using the belt for a really long time because I only a 940 belt.
    When I got a 970 belt, it told me to use the ring instead.

The belt/ring are pretty close to each other as far as single target damage goes, it just depends what your other gear looks like.

Well I have a 960 belt with 443 haste and 1108 mastery, so I don't think my belt's super bad

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    Well I have a 960 belt with 443 haste and 1108 mastery, so I don't think my belt's super bad
    Maybe you have too much haste or too much mastery?
    For ST anything above ~30-32% haste should be going into crit/mastery.
    Should calculate your stat weights with each set to get a better feel why your sim is turning out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by lolgubstep View Post
    Maybe you have too much haste or too much mastery?
    For ST anything above ~30-32% haste should be going into crit/mastery.
    Should calculate your stat weights with each set to get a better feel why your sim is turning out that way.
    Well when I sim my stat weights for ST it still tells me haste is the most I need

Quote Originally Posted by JabJack View Post
    If you adjust your time in combat < 4mins. Raid bots might sim the ring higher.
    The relative difference between not using the ring and using the ring is minimal.
    If you feel that you need that extra execute, and can really take advantage of it. Use it.
    Considering the stats that you receive from the belt specifically intellect -
    also that the belt indirectly benefits from T21 4pc allowing to maintain the debuff more consistently.
    Well I did try to sim with 4 minutes as combat time followed by 3 minutes as combat time, still tells me the belt is better than the class ring...
    Last edited by Lady Velvet; 2018-05-04 at 12:19 AM.

With the gear that I have - Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus always sims higher than belt.
    Because I get the best "theoretical" dps with the allotted stats.
    I'm not claiming to know exactly how raid bots goes about calculating theoretical " best gear ".
    Although, In a situation when I want to use a specific item, and notice that the relative difference is <= 1%.
    It's generally safe to assume that your target dps will be achieved.

I ran a simulation using my best gear, and seeing the performance of Soul of the Netherlord.
    Similar to your situation I found that it ~.08% difference in DPS.

As I mentioned in my initial post. If you want to use the ring, use it.
    Especially if you think you need that extra DPS towards the end of the fighter rather than during the entire encounter.
    Nerdrage-15 Minute Cooldown. You enter a berserker rage, increasing typing speed by 75%, chance to hit CAPS LOCK by 50% and decreasing chance to get laid by 100%. You feel no pity or remorse and can not be stopped unless banned.