Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are any of the mage towers legendary "dependent"

and by dependent i don't really mean in a literal sense, but on the levels of affliction warlock and corruption ring or prot paladins and the avenger shield pants.

oops, wrong subforum.
    Last edited by Gwiez; 2018-06-26 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    For Guardian druids, it is probably possible do without Luffa Wrappings or Ekowraith, but either one of those makes it significantly easier. They both increase the range of Thrash, which is very useful for doing damage from outside the boss's icky ground, those screaming add things, and to the infernals (making positioning a bit more forgiving).

For feral and demonology (the other two I've completed), I think there are some that are handy, but not providing such a critical advantage. I think I used Luffa there too, but I think consumables and executing the strat properly mattered more.
    i think he is talking about mage

@Emek: No not at all. Did all of them with only shitty frost legendarys.

Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    i think he is talking about mage

@Emek: No not at all. Did all of them with only shitty frost legendarys.
    yep, and thanks a bunch

I didn't have the corruption ring and don't even know what the avengers pants are and I 2 shot the aff twins and 1 shot the prot pally mage tower.

No idea how or why anyone thinks prot pally is difficult, I'd never played prot before but found prot to have an insane toolkit for that challenge. The shield throw thing interrupted the caster and consecration made it super easy to pick up the adds, plus I had a 40% heal on an 8 second instant cd. I didn't even use the cd that heals you to full health, or any other big cd's.

Prydaz and Sephuz make all of them easier for sure though.

We are in the Mage subforum, therefore it is implied that the question was referred to the Mage Class.

The simple answer is no. Prydaz and Blink chest make them borderline trivial, but all 3 specs are perfectly doable without a single legendary.

Prydaz really shines in the Mage Tower challenges for specs who would otherwise never use it.

No. I’d say no challenges are legendary ‘dependant’. I’ve done all mage tower challenges, and didn’t use so-called ‘dependent’ legendaries.

I'll second that on Prydaz, especially if you aren't a super high ilvl. It gives you some breathing room.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of them are legendary dependent, especially now that you can overgear them by 50-60 ilvls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Frost and Fire certainly aren’t: Arcane without chest or Prydaz seems to be a bit of a “you can have health or mana: pick one.”
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I found frost and fire to be incredibly easy (though full disclosure, I had done Agatha on 4 other classes before so I had the fight memorized). None of my mages have pyrdaz or the blink chest though and the arcane challenge has given me a little trouble every time I tried it, even though I found it to be the easiest of any challenge on other classes I've done it on (even without pyrdaz on them).

Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    and by dependent i don't really mean in a literal sense, but on the levels of affliction warlock and corruption ring or prot paladins and the avenger shield pants.
    I am very certain by now you will find youtube videos showing that someone did them wearing 850 gear for any spec, so what's dependent and what's not is in the eye of the beholder.

But talking about trivializing the encounter like the ring for affliction lock there are the healing pants for BM hunter which lets you ignore the main mechanic of the encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...wolf/kalliston

did it with that equip, just arcane with aluneth. the haste from sephuz was noticed but seldom fully used. was a great way to get sigryn and the jarl off of my back. otherwise i used the talents from the guide linked in the wowhead article of the god-queen's wrath. knew the fight from paladin, rogue and shaman.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did frost and fire mage artifact this week on a friend's alt who was 920 with 0 sockets anf enchants, using 1 legendary (insignia ring). Frost was a little hard for damage output reasons, mainly because the char had 11% crit and my IL procs hit for 400k non-crit, thus having small windows between hands and ccing.
    The fire one was way easier. Did them back to back.
    I did 3 tries on arcane then logged out because I was getting rekt by the axes, Prydaz would help in that case.

Also affli warlock can cheese it with no legendary. There's been a known build that deletes Karam before phase 2.
    Last edited by Amaterasu65; 2018-05-11 at 09:23 PM.

at this point with this amount of gear you can get, probably not.

But Affliction Warlock comes to mind. You either kinda exploit the fight with the infernal or get Sacrolash, anything other than that makes the battle kinda impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    None of them are -really- dependent.

I did both afflic warlock and prot paladin without the legenderies you mentioned. The former being pretty easy with the correct timing on mortal coil.

The only one that comes close to 'dependent' is Guardian with Ekowraith/Luffa.

If you're struggling just over gear it so you can brute force your way through. That's the beauty of these challenges. They're always doable with enough time.

Sephuz is nice for frost, but you certainly don't need it. Dragon's breath helm helps a lot for fire, but the same thing. Both of those 2 can easily be out geared and cheesed. Arcane is the least gear dependent which is why it had the lowest average item level for completion for such a long time. You can either do the arcane mechanics or you can't. In some ways the 2 easiest ones at the start ToV and the worm have become the hardest since they aren't as easily brute forced as the others.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    I didn't have the corruption ring and don't even know what the avengers pants are and I 2 shot the aff twins and 1 shot the prot pally mage tower.

No idea how or why anyone thinks prot pally is difficult, I'd never played prot before but found prot to have an insane toolkit for that challenge. The shield throw thing interrupted the caster and consecration made it super easy to pick up the adds, plus I had a 40% heal on an 8 second instant cd. I didn't even use the cd that heals you to full health, or any other big cd's.

Prydaz and Sephuz make all of them easier for sure though.
    nice you clearly outgeared it... go back and do it with low itemlevel

as for Mage. No. Prydaz and Blinkchest makes everything easy but its not req.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Frost and Fire certainly aren’t: Arcane without chest or Prydaz seems to be a bit of a “you can have health or mana: pick one.”
    I did Arcane with the Kilt & Belt, wasn't that bad. Had to spec Mana Barrier and just spam AE to 4 then Barrage, couldn't really burn hard.