Deleted

Fire mages and haste...

HI

So i have a fire mage. He has all the cool legendaries and basically seems very very strong (and fun), dps wise, except (i'm assuming) mythic prog.

WHY does simc rate haste so highly? Is it purely the cast time reduction on wrist legendary procs from say 3.9 sec to 3.6 ish seconds?

ta in advance for any thoughts on this

Deleted
    I'm fire, I haven't focused on haste, no idea what my % is. Think the idea with haste is faster ticks on the dots, obviously reduced cast times which is handy for hardcast pyro's, but that requires a specific set of legendaries and talents. I don't raid so I can't say what's best for that, I won't pretend to know. I've played fire mage since the end of vanilla so I know what best suits my personal playstyle, that being said, I've focused on mastery. I have a lot of crit anyway, around 50%, and so all of my gems and enchants are mastery to bump that up.

I find mastery works for me in a sense that it's a good all round stat, increased ignite damage works well with my set up. I currently have the pyro bracers and the ring for multiple timewarps legendaries equipped. I'm around ilvl 930? and pull a steady 1.3-1.5mil dps single target.

Fire stat prio varies wildly depending on your gear. By swapping stuff around i can get more or less any stat to sim the highest. Equip your highest ilevel, sim your stat weights and then play around with 4pc and what you have.

At least you can produce food.

If you struggle, go rp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    HI

So i have a fire mage. He has all the cool legendaries and basically seems very very strong (and fun), dps wise, except (i'm assuming) mythic prog.

WHY does simc rate haste so highly? Is it purely the cast time reduction on wrist legendary procs from say 3.9 sec to 3.6 ish seconds?

ta in advance for any thoughts on this
    Check how many targets you're running and if you have flamepatch talented. I'm pretty sure with flamepatch and a certain amount of targets the apl has you hardcasting flamestrike which is why haste is very high with that build. As for single target I only have 14% with t21 and crit is still higher. Mastery gets higher on 2/3 targets and then haste may be better after that with head and sephuz legendaries which I often use on m+ trash.

But haste is useful if you're very low as you have to remember that it also lowers fireball cast time resulting in more pyros and lower combustion cd with kindling, fire blast recharge time is lower, pyro hard cast as you mentioned gets a nice boost being such a long cast, gcd gets lower, rop cast etc... Basically haste is very nice, but crit and mastery are usually better after a certain point so you may just have very low haste.
    Last edited by halfawake; 2018-05-15 at 04:52 AM.

Dunno, but i knwo that low crit fire feels almost as awful as playing arms warrior, when colossus smash is on cd.

Deleted
    Ta for the replies. At work will post a bit more later.

Deleted
    So firstly thanks again for your replies.

Gear wise, it seems not worth perusing haste, but gaining it while gearing is not terrible.

It also dawned on me that it's like 2 months until bfa and at i955 with both leg trinkets and all other legendaries my dreams of helping my current guild on later m progress is a bit pointless.

I'll stick to some m+ and do some free beta testing ;(

I guess im doing it wrong, Im doing mastery; but then again I have alot of haste from maining frost.

Deleted
    There are 2 options to play fire right now, 1st massive crit build (65% crit) with new set or massive mastery build with Tomb set and firestarter...

I am a mythic raiding fire mage and I pump that crit to around 62-66% crit AT LEAST 23% haste and mastery around those numbers as well.
    Basically when I am around that crit percentage I just try stacking as much haste and mastery as possible.
    Works fine!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RealGoldroger View Post
    I am a mythic raiding fire mage and I pump that crit to around 62-66% crit AT LEAST 23% haste and mastery around those numbers as well.
    Basically when I am around that crit percentage I just try stacking as much haste and mastery as possible.
    Works fine!
    I'm around those values with wrist and ring. I955 so my spell power is a bit low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste has a very weird interaction with our spec. It gets devalued significantly by Fire at Will (Fireball cast time redux) but heavily valued by bracers, flame patch, and ToS set bonuses. It completely depends on your gear setup as others have pointed out.

Just focus on Crit/Mastery and you will be fine.

Isn't the crit stat priority in bfa ? :O

That is possible, crit was always the Fire Mage stat.

Fire mage is one of my more played alts.. I find getting higher haste leads me to dancing around a lot to stop from casting when I want an instant for example. I mean once I learned to play around it and just move around while doing it in say a combust push.. but once I got used to that I am sure it does nothing but help as long as you dont neglect your better stats the sim shows.